Media 2023 AFLW Swans Talk in Media

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

SWANS AFLW First podcast - you've probably got your email with the link but for those who haven't here you go.

This has me confused from match simulation

Edit: The AFLW jumpers did not arrive in time - so the girls were not wearing their correct numbers
- Thanks Callipygian
FZZa7oXUIAATMzd

#10 Cynthia Hamilton - who wears helmet AFLW Draft: Pick 11, Cynthia Hamilton
#18 Montana Ham
https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/aflw/sydneyswans.com.au/news/1160114/aflw-draft-pick-1-montana-ham

Last edited:
Our leadership group voted by players:
Alana Woodward, Bec Privitelli, Brooke Lochland, Lauren Szigeti, Lisa Steane and Maddy Collier
AFLW-Swans-Leadership-Group-Phil-Hillyard-pics6499.jpg
Maddy Collier, Brooke Lochland, Alana Woodward, Bec Privitelli, Lisa Steane and Lauren Szigeti. Image: Phil Hillyard.

Captain yet to be selected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good article

Not the most informed preview. In particular I don't think it's an accurate starting line up. For example:

• I expect Woodward to be in our best 21 given she is in the leadership group.
  • Ditto Lauren Szigeti. I think Szigeti is going to be a strong player (now that I've stopped confusing her with Sarah Dargan) and will play primarily on ball (rather than forward).
  • I think Tarrant has so far been seen more down back than forward - which fits her history playing as a defender at Melbourne.
  • I'm not confident that Sergeant-Wilson and Anthony will be in the best 21 for Round 1.
  • I'm wondering whether Lawson-Tavan may make the best 21 given our relative lack of talls.

Co-captains
Lauren Szigeti, Maddy Collier and Brooke Lochland
Sydney-Swans-AFLW-captains-Lauren-Szigeti-Maddy-Collier-and-Brooke-Lochland-Photo-by-Phil-Hillyard.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back