Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
Be interesting to see how Vossy and the coaching group approach this.

Obviously will start as underdogs but do we stick to the same formula or, with Harry back and Curnow struggling with confidence do we throw a few moves at Brisbane:

- Harry play deep forward

- Curnow play up very high, even have a run on the ball early or across half-back where his kicking is a weapon.

- Martin to play CHF or one out full forward.
Are you channeling Alan Jeans?
Ac ouple of 'dipper to the wing' moves there.

Now Chris Fagan, dont you have a whole support team to figure this out for you?

Not sure why you would jump on a Carlton forum to ask this question.

But anyway, to answer your question we have no runners. Effectively a team full of Greg Williamses so you can rest all your runners in preparation for the GF. Also a good opportunity for you to blood a few players who have never played a game of football, let alone in a final. Maybe about 8 to 10 of them.
short slow and ave 35 possies each? Reckon I'd back that team against the show ponies from up north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies missing could be on the cards. Pretty quiet first 2 finals.

Cunners has been off but gives us a midfield rotation. Motlop has more X factor.
I would take owies over Cunningham

Cunningham has been very average and when he does the midfield rotation role I think he actually has no or a negative impact

Owies is also a pretty reliable goal kicker compared to Cunningham

Don't like Kemp on Hipwood at all.

A number of forwards have gotten a hold of Kemp this year...just last week Joel Smith was too much for him. McStay. Lord.

Hipwood is over 2m tall...think he'll give Kemp a bath to be honest.

Agree - that’s the match up that worries me.
I know it won’t happen but Lewis young size for size is a good match up for hipwood .. lions forward line is a massive issue for us ..best forward line in the game

I’m putting my faith in the form ladder.
2 best performed sides of the last 13 weeks;
Blues #1
Giants #2
Crazy theory I know, but sometimes you have to go with the obvious.
Blues v Giants GF.

There’s a few things against the Lions - form is one, also the grand finalists are almost always from the top 4 hardest teams to score against in the home and away season so Lions would have to break the norm of the last 15 years, plus the Lions have tended to underperform in Finals and their best finals win in the last 29 years happened to be two weeks ago against another perennial underperformer in Port so they haven’t done great when expected to win, and finally they haven’t had to face elite pressure levels so we don’t know how they will handle it (if at all) - Champion Data said the Blues had their highest pressure rating of the year against Melbourne and for long stretches it was 200+ which is amazing and if we bring that to the Lions some crazy things could happen…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

‘Flabbergasted’: Blues hit back at Kane Cornes call to drop Harry McKay​

see if people can disagree with cornes without the abusive, insulting stuff that goes with it - wish I had his commitment to an opinion.....

It's feels odd that Carlton has to justify playing a Coleman medallist just because he has the yips.

Don't like Kemp on Hipwood at all.

A number of forwards have gotten a hold of Kemp this year...just last week Joel Smith was too much for him. McStay. Lord.

Hipwood is over 2m tall...think he'll give Kemp a bath to be honest.
He'll go alright if TDK and Pitto drop back for coverage.

I don’t know… I reckon some posters might feel a bit better if they started to think about what the Lions need to worry about re the strengths of our own team. We have plenty of them, and the Brisbane boys will need to do a lot to overcome us.

Hipwood is a problem for us now? Brisbane fans get frustrated beyond belief by Hipwood. He consistently goes missing in games. He tends to play his best footy against lower tier opposition. He might bob up for ten minutes here and there, and then you don’t see him for the rest of the game.

None of this is to suggest he can’t tear us apart. Lightning can strike. But I’d say that people might feel better in wondering how Brisbane might stop a side on a roll, how they minimise our clearance and contested possession dominance, how they prevent Walsh and Cerra from providing linkup play, and how they manage the gut busting running of Acres and Cottrell. None of that is to mention the last two Coleman medallists, or the two blokes who have won AA guernseys on a half back flank. We really do have plenty of reasons to cause the Lions some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back