Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's restricted we just offer him money Sydney can't match as they have a tighter cap.

We aren't trading for him.

Ralph is a moron when it comes to these things.
Don't even need to do that. Sydney would be mad to match when they'd likely end up with band 3 compo which is a late second rounder and overs for him

Not sure where all this LDU talk is coming from. He’s not even out of contract and is a free agent at the end of 2025. Sure, have a crack next year, but why spend 2 first rounders (plus change) when you can spend none a year later. It’s nonsense.

We’re likely finishing bottom 5 and getting access to a player with as much potential as LDU anyway, so it’s even more reason not to overspend trade-wise.

Also, we are talking about a guy who got utterly annihilated by Laird on the weekend in a 10 coaches / 3 Brownlow votes performance by Rory (and yes they were direct opponents), so keep it in the pants just a tad I reckon.

Not sure where all this LDU talk is coming from. He’s not even out of contract and is a free agent at the end of 2025. Sure, have a crack next year, but why spend 2 first rounders (plus change) when you can spend none a year later. It’s nonsense.

We’re likely finishing bottom 5 and getting access to a player with as much potential as LDU anyway, so it’s even more reason not to overspend trade-wise.

Also, we are talking about a guy who got utterly annihilated by Laird on the weekend in a 10 coaches / 3 Brownlow votes performance by Rory (and yes they were direct opponents), so keep it in the pants just a tad I reckon.

Its all guff now anyway. None of this talk matters. We are a good 5 months away from trade week. All this talk is rumourmongering at best.

We needed to do that back in 2018, too late now. Need to trade

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Need to do both. We should target an established mid with a future 1st and take the best mid with our top 3 pick this year. Should try for someone like Serong, Merrett, Flanders, Noah Anderson, Max Holmes. We have the money.

Last edited:
Didn’t they bring in a rule where you needed to have a vacant list spot for every pick you wanted to use when matching? Which at least forces clubs to take layers at the end of the draft to complete their list. But they then re reversed that call a couple of years later?
To clarify - the rule is you have to enter the draft with the same number of draft picks as you do open list spots, but as soon as the draft starts you can trade for picks irrespective of that. So you could trade your pick 15 for picks 20, 25 and 30.

it was a weird comment by Ralph. He acknowledged Hayward was a free agent but managed to weave in (perhaps as a separate point but it could have been interpreted as related) that our current and future 1sts are on the table.
I haven't listened to it yet, but this is the second time in a few days that someone in the media has mentioned a player we're after and that our Firsts are on the table, without clarifying that they're seperate things and our Firsts aren't on the table for that player.

Need to do both. We should target an established mid with a future 1st and take the best mid with our top 3 pick this year. Should try for someone like Serong, Merrett, Flanders, Noah Anderson, Max Holmes. We have the money.
Holmes signed a four year deal a week ago, so I don't see us getting him. Flanders spends most of his time on the wing or at half back these days, so not really an established mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To clarify - the rule is you have to enter the draft with the same number of draft picks as you do open list spots, but as soon as the draft starts you can trade for picks irrespective of that. So you could trade your pick 15 for picks 20, 25 and 30.

I don’t think there’s much wrong with that scenario, they did at least have a first rounder to begin with.

LDU is the perfect fit for us. I'd be blowing other clubs out of the water and offering him a huge deal. Him and a new coach and we're contenders again
Dawson, Soligo and LDU as a starting midfield with Rankine, Rachele and Pedlar rotating through would a very good setup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back