Toast 2023 Swans Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We here at St Kilda greatly admire the Swans’ recipe for success - which we’ve tried to emulate by trading in most of their casualty ward.

We also note their recruitment strategy & shall emulate it by drafting the best skinny half-back flanker we can find.

St Kilda selects Nathan Philactides from the Oakleigh Chargers.

rustycrate you are on the clock.

OK the original picks were 4,44,47,49 so I'm assuming you have lost 4,44,47 for the F/S match?
4 was used on McKercher

So having to match pick 7 = 1644 - Pick 44 (362), Pick 47 (316), Pick 49 (287) = 965 points taken off and carry a 679 deficit.

If the pick matches for GC come into effect before the McCabe bid, my 3x later picks all slide forward 6 picks equalling 1255 instead and I carry 389 point deficit into next year

Intriguing choice. There are so many small forwards in this draft, and he is one of the less heralded. I'll be curious if he gets drafted.
Why Charleson ahead of Callinan/Delean/Gothard/Johnston/Sanchez (disregard all those ones that are already off the board - I can't seem to keep track), especially Sanchez the WA product?

Gut feel more than anything but feel he has the most tricks to his trade so to speak. Considered Callinan thought was tossing between the two. I feel the one I picked is one of the “you want him on your team” small forwards. I have him one of the higher SF’s in this draft.

We here at St Kilda greatly admire the Swans’ recipe for success - which we’ve tried to emulate by trading in most of their casualty ward.

We also note their recruitment strategy & shall emulate it by drafting the best skinny half-back flanker we can find.

St Kilda selects Nathan Philactides from the Oakleigh Chargers.

rustycrate you are on the clock.

Fantastic pick could be a value pick if things go right and

4 was used on McKercher

So having to match pick 7 = 1644 - Pick 44 (362), Pick 47 (316), Pick 49 (287) = 965 points taken off and carry a 679 deficit.

If the pick matches for GC come into effect before the McCabe bid, my 3x later picks all slide forward 6 picks equalling 1255 instead and I carry 389 point deficit into next year
Despite all that maths, I missed the 20% F/S discount.

So provided GC picks force everything else after them forward, which they should, Hawthorn carry a 60 point deficit into next year (1644 points for pick 7 - 20% (328) = 1315 = matched with pick 38, 41 and 43 which is a total of 1255)

Amazed that my first choice for this pick actually made it through. Having missed out on O'Sullivan I'll stick with the need.
Melbourne selects Wil Dawson a 200cm fullback who played effectively at both ends for Vic Country. December birthday. Has a good frame although a bit skinny yet at 87kg. He has long enough to develop at Casey to be part of the replacement plan for May's retirement.
Over to Membling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazed that my first choice for this pick actually made it through. Having missed out on O'Sullivan I'll stick with the need.
Melbourne selects Wil Dawson a 200cm fullback who played effectively at both ends for Vic Country. December birthday. Has a good frame although a bit skinny yet at 87kg. He has long enough to develop at Casey to be part of the replacement plan for May's retirement.
Over to Membling

Oh so close.

GWS - Cooper Simpson

Write up later

Had Green and Dawson as easy picks here but went before pick so next one to bolster GWS midfield.

May have taken Hastie or Hall but he has a bit more scope IMO

Last edited:
Well Sydney are up , I have a few names here.

Been dealing with emails for not matching the Caiden Cleary bid, well we would hope todays announcement that Gulden 6 years and Mcdonald 4 years contract extensions mitigate fans concerns.

We were looking at duck depth and defensive depth, even a midfield bull, we are hoping this pick and the next together might be a great combo and we think some options may be on the board in 8
picks.

So because Tom Papley is questionable under pressure and I may ship him
home soon ;) and Wicks is solid and Konstanty well who knows

Stuff it I am going Jack Callinan a good tassie boy to join Schoenmaker. Leaving my other targets and hoping one of the two is still there later is risky but * it

Callinan can kick a goal, has an awesome footy IQ and can play in the middle and even defence

consistency will come and if swans fans don't like it too bad :p

Oh so close.

GWS - Cooper Simpson

Write up later

Had Green and Dawson as easy picks here but went before pick so next one to bolster GWS midfield.

May have taken Hastie or Hall but he has a bit more scope IMO

Great get! Probably best available rather than needs?

Been dealing with emails for not matching the Caiden Cleary bid, well we would hope todays announcement that Gulden 6 years and Mcdonald 4 years contract extensions mitigate fans concerns.

We were looking at duck depth and defensive depth, even a midfield bull, we are hoping this pick and the next together might be a great combo and we think some options may be on the board in 8
picks.

Stuff it I am going Jack Callinan a good tassie boy to join Schoenmaker. Leaving my other targets and hoping one of the two is still there later is risky but * it

Callinan can kick a goal, has an awesome footy IQ and can play in the middle and even defence

What are you, running a farm there? Your selections suggest you're not a chicken or a sheep but possibly you're turning your hand to spud farming?

picks.

You really didn't want to travel to do any scouting, did you?

What are you, running a farm there? Your selections suggest you're not a chicken or a sheep but possibly you're turning your hand to spud farming?

Let's see in 5 years

I think both will be decent players

picks.

You and LP1 are working your way through the remaining small forwards that I think might get drafted.

In reverse order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back