List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Derksen: 22, never played a game in the seniors, OOC. Pretty sure I saw a pack of twisties in the club vending machine.
My favorite trades always involve a vending machine 👍
The trick is, can we turn that organic biscuit that has sat there for years into Riccardi?

That's a pretty stupid response.

I'd be at least asking the question of his manager. Is he still happy there since he's no longer part of their 1st mid rotation and spending more time on the bench. He's 28 years old so still a few pretty good years left in him.

I think he'd be invaluable with the standard he could set for our young mids.

I can't imagine he would be overly happy with his current situation. He's better than that.

No idea what his current contract status is though.
Macrae is contracted until 2027

Just curious
why haven’t they been drafted? ->
Ethan Phillips (VFL)
Shaun Mannagh (VFL),
Kye Declase (VFL),
Ryley Stoddart (VFL),
Casey Voss (SANFL)

What currency do we have to get and is it enough to get:
Ned Moyle
Wade Derksen
Jake Riccardi
Caleb Graham
I've got a friend who plays for williamstown. Reckons there's a lot of mature AFL level talent at state level but clubs are hesitant to draft it.
Seems like they're after those projects players they may keep for 10+ years on a list (even though they end up getting delisted in 3-4) vs taking a mature aged/ ready to go player who will fill needs and are actually ready to play straight away due to fitness levels etc.

Voss, Phillips, Hore and mcdonald could probably walk into our back 6 next week and have an immediate impact.
Heck people rat on Josh Walker as not being good, at least he played 4 quarters.

NORTH MELBOURNE​

Big calls ahead for the Roos with Todd Goldstein and Jack Ziebell out of contract and club favourite Ben Cunnington clearly out of favour.

Cunnington is contracted for next season but football boss Todd Viney made clear on SEN the club might come to a financial agreement with him over paying out that season if he decided he didn’t want to play on.

Liam Shiels and Aaron Hall are also in a group of players without contracts that includes Lachie Young, Kayne Turner, Jack Mahony, Daniel Howe and Aiden Bonar.

I would give ziebell, Shiels and Young one year deals. The rest can come off the list

Riccardi: Nearly 24 yo and never played more than 12 senior games in a season (I'm not including unused sub games). But he's been playing pretty well this year, just stuck down the pecking order behind Hogan, Himmelberg, and Cadman. Importantly, he's OOC at years end. I think a third rounder with a decent salary attached would grease the wheels.
I see Riccardi as the type of player that we can offer more oppurtunity and who we really need. He fits in so many ways.

Well the Hawks are into him too, so I dare say we might need more than last year's granola with blueberry and chai cookie to show we're serious.
What about that category B option from China - Tim Tam?..

62164999_2748908895125228_740088273157750784_n.jpg

If we received a priority pick - where would that land for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on like Oscar McDonald, Riley Stoddart, Marty Hore, etc., IIRC we can pick them up as DFAs.

You’d have to be on the phone to McDonald straight away, give him a year to prove he’s capable at AFL level still, probably have to keep Dawson, and then draft a Key Defender to develop I.e. Ollie Murphy. It’s bleak but it offers short and long term solutions.

Certainly need as many first round picks we can get our hands on.

What is Mckay on at North ($)?

Zurhaar has been pretty average for a while.
Not sure if it's because hes been moved to the mids or something else but I've found his work rate lacking as of late.
For one of our 'mature' players he's not showing a great example.
He got it 25 times just last week and he’s playing in our forward half where we get 40 inside 50s a game if we’re lucky.

First a cafe at Arden Street, now a Tim Tam vending machine… is this where our membership money is going? :O

Yes, but if he becomes disgruntled with his current role, he can still request to be traded. But you know that already of course.
I was just providing Macrae contact status anyway I will just leave before I out use my welcome. Best of luck for the rest of the season

Just curious
why haven’t they been drafted? ->
Ethan Phillips (VFL)
Shaun Mannagh (VFL),
Kye Declase (VFL),
Ryley Stoddart (VFL),
Casey Voss (SANFL)

What currency do we have to get and is it enough to get:
Ned Moyle
Wade Derksen
Jake Riccardi
Caleb Graham

Phillips isn’t the best athlete. I’d imagine clubs would have concerns about his mobility. He more than makes up for it with elite footy IQ and ability to intercept.

Mannagh went through all the development pathways, but was always on the fringe of getting drafted. Played in the Bush leagues for a few years because he thought his AFL dream was over. Decided to give it one last crack with Werribee and has gone from strength to strength over the last two years. Has a s**t tonne of upside.

Declase spent 6 months on Melbournes list in 2020 as a mid season pick but only managed a couple of games in the VFL because the season was covid impacted. Age probably a factor now (26) but he is such a unique player.

Stoddart spent 2 years on Sydney’s list but hardly fired a shot because of injury. Has added some bulk and is injury free now and has had two really solid years at VFL level.

Voss has been one of the best state league players for the last two years. Doesn’t strike me as the best athlete but more than makes up for it with his positioning and natural footy IQ.

Ned Moyle - Future 3rd
Wade Derksen - Token late pick
Jake Riccardi - OOC PSD?
Caleb Graham - 3rd rounder (signed a 4 year deal and GC desperately need list space)

I was just providing Macrae contact status anyway I will just leave before I out use my welcome. Best of luck for the rest of the season

Sorry, my bad. Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated. 👍

Where do you think he's at by the way? I've found his year rather puzzling.

Sorry, my bad. Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated. 👍

Where do you think he's at by the way? I've found his year rather puzzling.
Wouldn’t have a clue some weeks macrae will play Midfield next on the wing He is still having a decent year. We have a coach that loves throwing the magnets around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back