List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
It is an outdated notion promoted by old footballers who can only remember the 2nd half of their career.

It is about the person, not the age. Daicos would be more intelligent and offer more leadership than probably all but maybe Cunnington, and he is 20. Another sacred cow that needs to be shot and turned into a Big mac.
Turn it up, bloke is in the 2s. Stick to rubbing one out over every 'athlete' who can't kick.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The offer would have to be seriously good to consider trading Zurhaar or TT. Worst case scenario they leave end of next year for a compo pick or we match and force a trade scenario. But you'd ask the question of all the players, do you want to be a part of turning this thing around? And if the answer is no, its best to move on from them and take whatever picks we can use to get established players or draftees who are not demoralised.

NORTH MELBOURNE​

Big calls ahead for the Roos with Todd Goldstein and Jack Ziebell out of contract and club favourite Ben Cunnington clearly out of favour.

Cunnington is contracted for next season but football boss Todd Viney made clear on SEN the club might come to a financial agreement with him over paying out that season if he decided he didn’t want to play on.

Liam Shiels and Aaron Hall are also in a group of players without contracts that includes Lachie Young, Kayne Turner, Jack Mahony, Daniel Howe and Aiden Bonar.

NORTH MELBOURNE​

Big calls ahead for the Roos with Todd Goldstein and Jack Ziebell out of contract and club favourite Ben Cunnington clearly out of favour.

Cunnington is contracted for next season but football boss Todd Viney made clear on SEN the club might come to a financial agreement with him over paying out that season if he decided he didn’t want to play on.

Liam Shiels and Aaron Hall are also in a group of players without contracts that includes Lachie Young, Kayne Turner, Jack Mahony, Daniel Howe and Aiden Bonar.

Apart from Goldstein and maybe Shiels I think after yesterday we need them, as sad as that is. They are the only ones on that list we offer new contracts to. I watched some of the VFL at half time and saw Hall spud it up more than once. We DONT need anyone else kicking the ball out of bounds from a kickin.

Apart from Goldstein and maybe Shiels I think after yesterday we need them, as sad as that is. They are the only ones on that list we offer new contracts to. I watched some of the VFL at half time and saw Hall spud it up more than once. We DONT need anyone else kicking the ball out of bounds from a kickin.
Perez is the only one I’d give a contract to

Looks like priority pick is a non goer (colour me shocked) May get access to Sanders though, other clubs not happy 🙄
others clubs can stfu as most of them have received first round priority picks and in situations not as poor as us

meanwhile we have never received one

Could be the 6am delirium of travelling from Como to Milan to Lyon,

But Zurhaar could be the one to unlocking a bit of something different.

I’ve seen enough ******* pulled pork and truffle to know he’s not going to ever get fit enough and will end up like stringer, a few games where he will hurt you but not enough to worry about if we get a pick in the 10-15 range.

We’ve also got enough forwards in a mid sized role, and he will never be that striker as kingy calls them, that can get through the midfield consistently.

Would leave us with
2,3,10-15,14-18
Four picks inside 20 coming through together

And what about bull, larkey, buckets, sympkin, LDU, Logue, Tucker that are ready to come through now... and Bailey, stepho, tt a year or so behind them... why are we waiting for 17-18 yr olds to come through together in 5 or so yrs?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a void of players in that 23-28 year old bracket and people want to get rid of one of the only ones we have?

Nah. We keep Zurhaar.

Agree, we have a massive void in mature aged players that can guide our kids. I’ve been banging on more than anybody that this needs to be rectified.

My point on Zurhaar is unless we have a miraculous turn around in our fortunes he won’t be staying. He’ll have the option to leave as a free agent, will our list management be tempted to jump early.

#as I said in my original post I want to keep him.

Agree, we have a massive void in mature aged players that can guide our kids. I’ve been banging on more than anybody that this needs to be rectified.

My point on Zurhaar is unless we have a miraculous turn around in our fortunes he won’t be staying. He’ll have the option to leave as a free agent, will our list management be tempted to jump early.

#as I said in my original post I want to keep him.
Zurhaar has been pretty average for a while.
Not sure if it's because hes been moved to the mids or something else but I've found his work rate lacking as of late.
For one of our 'mature' players he's not showing a great example.

NORTH MELBOURNE​

Weird to start with that tagline and then include zero big calls.

What does access to sanders mean though. If pre list then that's positive but if it's only that we're able to get access through the draft as we need talls not mids
Prelist is what it sounds like

But honestly that should be on top of the first round pp

Or just give us the first round pp, it’s an afl cop out

Need Ruck Depth - Ned Moyle, Jordan Sweet, Brayden Pruess (haha, but seriously?)
Need Key Forward Depth - Jake Riccardi, Wade Derksen, Hudson Garoni (VFL), Tyler Sellars (VFL)
Need Key Defender Depth - Caleb Graham, Ethan Phillips (VFL)
Wing Depth: Jeremy Sharp & Dylan Stephens
Half Back Depth: Tom Highmore, Bailey Williams, Dylan Williams
Mature Age State League Depth - Shaun Mannagh (VFL), Kye Declase (VFL), Ryley Stoddart (VFL), Casey Voss (SANFL)
Just curious
why haven’t they been drafted? ->
Ethan Phillips (VFL)
Shaun Mannagh (VFL),
Kye Declase (VFL),
Ryley Stoddart (VFL),
Casey Voss (SANFL)

What currency do we have to get and is it enough to get:
Ned Moyle
Wade Derksen
Jake Riccardi
Caleb Graham

Agree but I'd also add in Cunners. Give him one more proper preseason and see how he goes. Dude had 2 bouts of cancer less than a year ago, this year was always going to be bloody hard on him. I'd back him in to turn it around.

What currency do we have to get and is it enough to get:
Ned Moyle
Wade Derksen
Jake Riccardi
Caleb Graham

Riccardi: Nearly 24 yo and never played more than 12 senior games in a season (I'm not including unused sub games). But he's been playing pretty well this year, just stuck down the pecking order behind Hogan, Himmelberg, and Cadman. Importantly, he's OOC at years end. I think a third rounder with a decent salary attached would grease the wheels.

Graham: Nearly 23 yo and hasn't played a game all year. Stuck behind Ballard and Collins in the KPD pecking order. Played 37 games across the previous 4 seasons. Problem is he's contracted until 2026. Can he get freed up by playing the sympathy card for more game time? Unless GC are dicks about it, our second third rounder would probably get it done? (I think its fair value since he's contracted)

Moyle: only regarded by the club at depth for Witts, hence has only played 2 games this year. Problem is that he's contracted until the next of next year. But Ethan Read will surely be Witts' successor, so I guess the question is whether Moyle, like Graham, can convince the club to let him go?

Derksen: 22, never played a game in the seniors, OOC. Pretty sure I saw a pack of twisties in the club vending machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back