List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:

Need Ruck Depth - Ned Moyle, Jordan Sweet, Brayden Pruess (haha, but seriously?)
Need Key Forward Depth - Jake Riccardi, Wade Derksen, Hudson Garoni (VFL), Tyler Sellars (VFL)
Need Key Defender Depth - Caleb Graham, Ethan Phillips (VFL)
Wing Depth: Jeremy Sharp & Dylan Stephens
Half Back Depth: Tom Highmore, Bailey Williams, Dylan Williams
Mature Age State League Depth - Shaun Mannagh (VFL), Kye Declase (VFL), Ryley Stoddart (VFL), Casey Voss (SANFL)
Like the plan of turning over dozen players, high draft picks then pick eyes out of state leagues. Sellers would be playing alongside Larkey for sure if on our list. Davis another at a good age, athletic and capable. Coomblas from sturt SANFL very good 1v1 defender, 22 year old played state footy. Only trade we should do with any currency is Zurhaar. Please investigate, a freo might be interested.

Need Key Forward Depth - Jake Riccardi, Wade Derksen, Hudson Garoni (VFL), Tyler Sellars (VFL)

I'll add one that i think is a good player that just can't get a look in as he's behind Tex, Fogarty and Thilthorpe and that's Lachie Gollant.

Every time i see him play he does a good job as that 3rd tall, can hit the scoreboard and play that hit up forward.

Could be the 6am delirium of travelling from Como to Milan to Lyon,

But Zurhaar could be the one to unlocking a bit of something different.

I’ve seen enough ****ing pulled pork and truffle to know he’s not going to ever get fit enough and will end up like stringer, a few games where he will hurt you but not enough to worry about if we get a pick in the 10-15 range.

We’ve also got enough forwards in a mid sized role, and he will never be that striker as kingy calls them, that can get through the midfield consistently.

Would leave us with
2,3,10-15,14-18
Four picks inside 20 coming through together

I’ve seen enough ******* pulled pork and truffle to know he’s not going to ever get fit enough and will end up like stringer, a few games where he will hurt you but not enough to worry about if we get a pick in the 10-15 range.

We’ve also got enough forwards in a mid sized role, and he will never be that striker as kingy calls them, that can get through the midfield consistently.

Would leave us with
2,3,10-15,14-18
Wheres this magical pick 3 coming from?

With all due respect, it was a stupid suggestion.

Macrae would not leave the dogs for North just to be apart of our 1st mid rotation. He might not love his current situation, but to the extent to entertain a trade to a club that has won 11 games in 4 years?

The only possible way he would, is for ridiculous money (I'm talking highest paid player in the competition money) that he does not deserve.
You're never gonna know if you don't ask. How good are things at DV Oval? How will they be at the end of the season? He might not come now but maybe at the end of next year if we show some improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll throw one up: Ess give 11 for Zurhaar we pay his full wage for next year under the agreement they pay enough to get us 1st round compo for Mckay. Don't care if they rig it how they did for Daniher.

Effectively they give up 11, we give up Zurhaar, Mckay plus we get compo pick band 1.

Chuck in some later swap picks, we skip to the the draft and job done.

#i'd prefer to keep Zurhaar though.

The problem with only taking guys like Sheils is that he was squeezed into retirement last year because he was no longer required by the team that sits directly above us on the ladder. That sort of thing is not going to take us anywhere.
Shiels is a three time premiership player who still shows more premiership qualities than most of our players are showing.

There aren't gonna be alot of players like him floating around. (He won't be around for very long either so if we can get him for another year that'd be great.)

Its not about where Hawthorn are now, it about where they were when he was at his prime. Hawthorn players are about all there is. maybe some older guys who played roles at Richmond. That's about it for those type of players - ones who know how to make a successful system work. (With the emphasis on work.)

It might not take us anywhere immediately but if it sets the right example for our younger players then that is a much more important benefit.

I’ve seen enough ******* pulled pork and truffle to know he’s not going to ever get fit enough and will end up like stringer, a few games where he will hurt you but not enough to worry about if we get a pick in the 10-15 range.

Would leave us with
2,3,10-15,14-18
We are not going to get a pick in the 10-15 range for Zurhaar ain’t going to happen.

Would leave us with
2,3,10-15,14-18
If he finishes the year in the form he's kept you'd want at least pick 10. Genuine match winner who is still improving at 25.

* were very keen on him last year before he re-signed.

I'd be more than happy to move Zurhaar on for * first if they bid extra for McKay.

We give the opportunity to:
1. Ford - he's earned it
2. Taylor - he's not going to make it as a winger but he's got a fantastic set of hands on him. Tell him to put on some muscle and give it a go or there is the door.
3. We throw George straight in after a full pre-season
4. In case of emergency - we play Greenwood there.

Question: From players drafted in the last 20 years, how many players have we had on our list that were ever considered "elite" in their position?

My first crack is:
  • Goldstein
  • Cunnington
  • Scott Thompson
  • Ben Brown

4 players in 20 years.

Without reading ahead, would say:

• Goldstein
  • Cunnington
  • Scott Thompson
  • Ben Brown
  • Tarrant
  • Swallow
  • J.Gibson
As in all of those are either B&F winners in competitive years and/or were AA nominees at some stage.

Yes but the aim is to have consistent one's. Not one's that go missing for half of the year. He can net good draft capital and we aren't exactly short of medium forwards.
Allegedly didn’t train all week due to a heel injury, he was obviously underdone and probably been underdone for a couple of weeks. Pre bye he was awesome just missed too many goals/selfish play at times. I’d swap Zurhaar for a Jordan Ridley or theres no point.

We have a void of players in that 23-28 year old bracket and people want to get rid of one of the only ones we have?

Nah. We keep Zurhaar.

They're all stuck in north purgatory anyway, they will be on the verge of retirement before we're near finals again. Our rebuild essentially starts next year.

Might as well cash in starting with Zurhaar and Mckay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back