Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Amy was desperate to go home, not Shaun
How many members of the Burgoyne and Phillips families currently live in Victoria?

It’s all academic anyhow. He isn’t considered good enough to play in the u18 championships. So we are debating over a non-entity at the moment.

Who didn’t start at Hawthorn and returned to Adelaide after he finished.
I thought we had offered him a position (same as Port Adelaide) and he was close to signing. I'm assuming that he would have stayed if Clarkson had stayed.

Jase reminds me more of Shaun than Peter tbh without the polished skills of either but similar around contests & one on one to Shaun.

*Maybe there was a mix up at the hospital

Mix up at hospital? Isn't Jase like 21?

I think a mix up in bed could be the more likely explanation ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we had offered him a position (same as Port Adelaide) and he was close to signing. I'm assuming that he would have stayed if Clarkson had stayed.
Shaun’s last game was 21/8/2021.

Port announced him as their full time Indigenous Liaison Officer on 8/9/2021.

Not sure whether we offered him anything by way of a role at the club but it was barely 2 weeks after he finished that Port announced he was returning to Adelaide.

That’s all I could ascertain.

Shaun’s last game was 21/8/2021.

Port announced him as their full time Indigenous Liaison Officer on 8/9/2021.

Not sure whether we offered him anything by way of a role at the club but it was barely 2 weeks after he finished that Port announced he was returning to Adelaide.

That’s all I could ascertain.

Thanks. Make sense.

We had him part time in that role in his last playing season, then he left to take up a full time role back at Port.

Sounds like we could well have offered him something upon retirement, but he chose to leave in any event.

Guy's wife had wanted to go back to Adelaide. If that was the case, I don't think what we were offering would have been enough.

Port board is not even sure port will draft KY yet. At this stage he is not rated highly in the draft.

Also port being a good side will mean there is a limit amount of spots available.
Which is why he is keeping Hawthorn FS door open. Port may not rate him but we may so it’s about him maximising his chances to get on a list.

Yes I think it's more in reference to their being more than one generation of Burgoyne's playing for the club starting with Peter Burgoyne Snr back in 1977.

I should note he only played 2 games for Port Adelaide SANFL, so nothing like a John Kennedy Snr in terms of stature at the club, so it's more the Burgoyne son's that cemented the name at Port.
Other grandfather.

So there's no chance the sons of a 400 game champion - who's pedigree also includes one of the famous names of SA footy - an Aunt who revolutionised the game of Women's footy. Kids who spent their entire childhoods in the club rooms with their dad post game - who witnessed 3 flags - who are playing in pretty level comps now for their age - you are just completely writing off as having no prospect of an AFL future....

So there's no chance the sons of a 400 game champion - who's pedigree also includes one of the famous names of SA footy - an Aunt who revolutionised the game of Women's footy. Kids who spent their entire childhoods in the club rooms with their dad post game - who witnessed 3 flags - who are playing in pretty level comps now for their age - you are just completely writing off as having no prospect of an AFL future....
Incorrect. I haven’t written Percy or Nixie off…

Ky is coming from a long way back. If his name was Smith this would’nt even be a discussion.

Ky has shown very little.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back