News 2024 Leadership Group Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Captain rozee. Has a nice sound to it. Captain rose. Didn't expect to see drew or spp in there but can see why. And captain butters sounds good if rozee is injured. Also captain butters has already been done by south park

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

perfect hugh grant GIF

Can't really complain with any of that. Was hoping for Rozee or Butters Captain, but the whole leadership group is really pleasing.

There are a couple things I'm surprised by, and that is the omission of Ollie Wines from the leadership group completely and why not one of these guys announced in the new leadership group were included in last years leadership group.

Happy to see SPP in the leadership group.
For me, he and Butters are the standouts as far as leading by example.
Rozee wouldn’t have been my first choice as from the outside he doesn’t seem to standout in that regard.

Main thing is though we have a fresh group who apparently are unbelievably connected….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big fall from grace for Ollie.

If think his papers were signed the moment he said shortly after the season that he wasn't fussed if he didn't get the captaincy.

Leaders can't be content with just being. They need to be the people driving the standards and bringing the group along with them. This is the first time in quite a while that we have a leadership group where every member in it will be walk up starts to the team, and all 5 bring the most effort on a consistent basis. Hard to fault this selection imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drafted Tredders Nov 1996 captain first season was 2006

Drafted Dom Nov 2000 captain first season 2009

Drafted Travis Nov 2006 captain first season 2013

Drafted Jonas Dec 2010 as 20 yr old rookie co captain first season 2019

Drafted Ollie Nov 2012 co captain first season 2019

Drafted Connor Nov 2018 captain first season 2024.

I’m sure Ollie will be taken care of. Perhaps similar to Robbie Gray in his last couple of playing years - find an aspect of the club that you like and get yourself involved with it and take ‘ownership’ of it.
Oops I just realised that is what Koch told Warren to do!!

Happy to see SPP in the leadership group.
For me, he and Butters are the standouts as far as leading by example.
Rozee wouldn’t have been my first choice as from the outside he doesn’t seem to standout in that regard.

Main thing is though we have a fresh group who apparently are unbelievably connected….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The next step for SPP in his development as a father and a footballer. Well done to him, it's a due acknowledgement of his maturing

No complaints.

If you were looking for one it would be that it is too mid-centric and perhaps they'll have trouble with line leaders at each end of the ground.

But no complaints from me.

I’m looking forward to this group taking us to the promised land a few times and our list is one of the oldest rather than continual youngest.

Maybe that's the idea, just get him focusing on football and dump the official leadership stuff. I'm sure he's still happy to provide advice, like most of previous leadership guys, but maybe he's over that part of the game and wants to just play footy.

As others have suggested, this is a response to needing to drop players in our leadership group. Ollie missed out because he could feasibly be dropped whilst none of the others will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back