2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The club sends out emails every week saying to download before coming to the gate. It's really not that hard...

I'd even suggest that even without the reminder email from the club, if anyone's been to a game or two or three over the decade & knows how bad the reception gets the closer you get to match time, then that experience alone should be enough to know downloading your ticket is the quickest option

I generally download my ticket as soon as it's available, so right now in my wallet is my ticket for Friday night (had to purchase that one anyway), and my Easter Monday ticket which was available last week

Once downloaded I know it's done and one less thing to worry about - and since I really started using digital tickets 5/6 years ago, I'm kicking myself for not transitioning over earlier as they're so much easier to deal with than a physical ticket. This week for example, I'm heading to Adelaide, I'm packing my bag this afternoon for tomorrow's flight and a digital ticket means one less thing I have to make sure I have

Nope, still waiting The members items for adults and kids (ordered in the same order as the cards & lanyards) arrived on Monday.

Thanks - I’m in the same boat, requested a physical card when I renewed and have received the member pack but not the card. Hopefully they arrive in time for the next home game.

I must admit i don't give a s**t about the physical card personally... I would just like to receive ANYTHING membership pack wise, I feel like the last few years I haven't gotten anything until well into the season, and the way it is tracking that is happening again.

When you sign up in November it is pretty piss weak really

General admission at the Gabba this season for Geelong v Brisbane 1 adult 3 kids $181 plus food and drinks $$$ it's no longer cheap.

You just reminded me that I need to buy 2 x GA tickets for that match - they’re currently showing none available WTF…

Last edited:
Hope not we got those tickets last night and I need 4 more this morning.

The GA sections are no longer highlighted blue to be able to select

1711577602139.png

And sorting by lowest price, it's the $65 option at the back of the top level

1711577674916.png

I also can't believe how expensive tickets are at the GABBA - crazy expensive compared with other grounds
Ridiculous. What is now a fairly ordinary ground with a bunch of often ordinary football followers, and you're paying top dollar for the privilege.

At least you get a 'classic hits' mix to listen to at different points throughout the night, I guess.

:rolleyes:

Ridiculous. What is now a fairly ordinary ground with a bunch of often ordinary football followers, and you're paying top dollar for the privilege.

At least you get a 'classic hits' mix to listen to at different points throughout the night, I guess.

I will give them one thing they can be loud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gets better, you also pay additional for the "privilege" of sitting on an aisle seat...

If you are seat 1 or 2 on the aisle, it's an extra $10 compared with the third seat in

Gets better, you also pay additional for the "privilege" of sitting on an aisle seat...

If you are seat 1 or 2 on the aisle, it's an extra $10 compared with the third seat in
That is horrifyingly venal. Every seat in the same prescribed area should surely be priced equally.

That is horrifyingly venal. Every seat in the same prescribed area should surely be priced equally.

Imagine someone who doesn't need fully accessible seating, but where an aisle seat is a more practical option for whatever reason - having to pay extra is BS

And then try this;
  • GA adult ticket versus GC is $29
  • GA adult ticket for two weeks later versus Richmond is $40
  • GA adult ticket versus St Kilda a month later is $35

Can someone explain that - 3 different prices for the same level of seating, just depends on the opponent

Imagine someone who doesn't need fully accessible seating, but where an aisle seat is a more practical option for whatever reason - having to pay extra is BS

And then try this;
  • GA adult ticket versus GC is $29
  • GA adult ticket for two weeks later versus Richmond is $40
  • GA adult ticket versus St Kilda a month later is $35

Can someone explain that - 3 different prices for the same level of seating, just depends on the opponent
Pretty easy it's called gouging.

Members cap, and kids member footy packs just arrived. Ordered on Tue 27th Feb. No signs of the member cards and lanyards ordered in that same order. Can only assume they'll either come seperate or bundled with the oustanding members welcome letter.
Member welcome "letters" arrived yesterday, so the sticker and pen made in china. :p

The irony that it also includes hard-copy versions of the vouchers we've already used and received the items weeks ago. What an absolute schmozzel this year.

The member/seat cards and lanyards are still nowhere to be seen. :(

Pretty easy it's called gouging.
I would argue that it's not gouging. Price gouging is more so related to a sudden shock that you're taking advantage of, and is typically applied for essential items where the buyer has little choice; charging $10 for loo roll when lockdowns are announced is price gouging. Adjusting the price of a ticket for a s**t opponent vs a good opponent is more supply and demand IMO.

* me, I just defended capitalism. I'm not who I used to be.

Has anyone who requested a physical membership card received theirs yet?
Second home game of the year (Round 5) coming up with Sunday and still no sign of the membership cards and lanyards. Anyone had any luck with theirs?

Last edited:
Ok so I received notice a while ago that I get two 'guest' tickets this year - do folks know how this works? Do I have soem choice in which games or are they assigned?

e.g. I have been given a second ticket for the North game at KP. But now my membership seems to indicate second ticket availability for more games down through the season. If I do not take up the extra ticket for North, do I lose it (leaving me with only one) or do I still retain two guest tickets for the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back