2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone here have a ‘home and away’ membership and a reserved seat at GMHBA? I currently have a home and away but was wondering if you get any type of discount on that if you have a reserved seat? Given you don’t need the general admission portion of the ‘home and away’ membership at GMHBA games

Does anyone here have a ‘home and away’ membership and a reserved seat at GMHBA? I currently have a home and away but was wondering if you get any type of discount on that if you have a reserved seat? Given you don’t need the general admission portion of the ‘home and away’ membership at GMHBA games

I'm a H&A member with a reserved seat at both KP & the MCG for our home games

With the reserved seat it's a more expensive membership than without & just opting for the GA access - so there's no discount on the H&A component of your membership, but by pre-reserving a seat, you get that discounted compared with paying for a seat in that section at every home match

The only reason I get a family membership these days is because the kids like to receive a physical membership card in the mail. Judging by the email I got, we’re only getting a welcome letter. The club really likes to make things hard these days. I don’t recall an option to ‘opt-in’ to a physical membership card.

The only reason I get a family membership these days is because the kids like to receive a physical membership card in the mail. Judging by the email I got, we’re only getting a welcome letter. The club really likes to make things hard these days. I don’t recall an option to ‘opt-in’ to a physical membership card.
It's being managed via The Cats Shop for this season. I posted about it earlier, but in essence they claim they removed the baked in cost for cards, as it wasn't fair seeing as the AFL's preference is to push to digital via the Ticketmaster platform.

Therefore the $5 cost for the card needs to be covered, and order for each person. i.e. If you're kids are under 18, and attached to you, you can login to the Cats shop and do it for all. If they're adults, path of least resistance is to have them activatereset a Cats Shop account as all members are in the database I was told, and order it themselves.

Over the phone they can do it for you, however due to seperate cats shop and member services systems, need to make use of cats voucher credits. This sounds more complicated than it is, but yes, definitely more effort on us versus the previous "opt in" method.

at least they're not charging $10 for just a lanyard like they did last year, that REALLY annoyd me, and so we re-used older lanyards.

You'll find the member items are via this MEMBERS EXCLUSIVE link, which only appears once you login to the Cats Shop. The link that appears by default, which is named MEMBER EXCLUSIVE 2024, is a known defect and doesn't work. I believe Telsra have to fix it.

Last edited:
Question for the brains trust here (seeing as the club/afl does such a poor job explaining different memberships).

I'm looking at Membership for the first time.
Being based in Melbourne something that gives me access to the cats Melbourne based games is obviously key.

Just wondering if AFL Membership with club support is suitable?
I can't find a clear answer on whether it gives any access to the games in GMHBA --- Something I'd like to get down to multiple times throughout the year.

Also - I'm happy to pay for a more premium membership - which draws my attention to the 1859 Membership - however again, there is scant few details about this anywhere - does anyone have any comments on that membership?

Cheers gang.

I can't find a clear answer on whether it gives any access to the games in GMHBA --- Something I'd like to get down to multiple times throughout the year.

Yes it does. I have one. Gets you general admin access into KP or you can upgrade to a reserve seat for a discounted price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for the brains trust here (seeing as the club/afl does such a poor job explaining different memberships).

I'm looking at Membership for the first time.
Being based in Melbourne something that gives me access to the cats Melbourne based games is obviously key.

Also - I'm happy to pay for a more premium membership - which draws my attention to the 1859 Membership - however again, there is scant few details about this anywhere - does anyone have any comments on that membership?

Cheers gang.
For AFL Membership

1710236210178.png

Is there a link to do a seat return online for the Cats v Saints match, or do I have to download the Cats app?

Is there a link to do a seat return online for the Cats v Saints match, or do I have to download the Cats app?

You can do it through the online membership portal - https://am.ticketmaster.com/geelong/

After logging in you click through to events and select the match for which you wish to return your seat - you'll get a screen that looks like this

1710320638487.png

anyone still waiting for there membership pack? no scarf, sticker or my card and lanyard spotted in my mail!! we are 2 days out of round 1 for gods sake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone still waiting for there membership pack? no scarf, sticker or my card and lanyard spotted in my mail!! we are 2 days out of round 1 for gods sake

CatAttack84 provided this update last Friday

Latest mass-mail from the club.

Hi *****,

We are writing to provide an update on your membership card and member welcome letter (including your 2024 bumper sticker).

Your 2024 membership card and welcome letter are currently being processed and lodged from our mail house.

We have been working hard to get your membership card to you in time for the start of the season, however unfortunately we are experiencing some delays.

With the season fast approaching it is now unlikely that you will receive your membership card by Round 1. If you are planning to attend our opening home game against St Kilda next Saturday, please don't panic. Mobile Membership is live and can be used to enter the ground, or if you require an alternate method to get into the match please contact Membership Services via email and we will be able to assist.

Please also note that your membership card will only provide scan in access to GMHBA Stadium matches in season 2024. If you are attending our matches at the MCG your card will not scan in, please contact us if you require assistance with your tickets.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience and we thank you for your patience. We look forward to seeing you at GMHBA Stadium next Saturday, and also don’t forget about our Open Training on Monday where you will have access to check out everything the Joel Selwood Stand has to offer. Click below for all the details!

Kind Regards,
Membership Services

I received a welcome letter with a voucher card and sticker in the mail early this week. Member gift choice of Scarf, cap, travel mug) has to be redeemed from Cats shop using voucher. Can also be used for any other purchase from Cats Shop.

I contacted the club early in the week regarding membership card and found out it needs to be purchased from Cats Shop for $5 (card and lanyard) - no postage cost. I cannot remember an email from the club communicating the change (person on the end of the chat session claimed it was in an email but I could not find it).

CatAttack84 posted the following information on the card and lanyard

Card and Laynyard being managed via The Cats Shop for this season. I posted about it earlier, but in essence they claim they removed the baked in cost for cards, as it wasn't fair seeing as the AFL's preference is to push to digital via the Ticketmaster platform.

Therefore the $5 cost for the card needs to be covered, and order for each person. i.e. If you're kids are under 18, and attached to you, you can login to the Cats shop and do it for all. If they're adults, path of least resistance is to have them activatereset a Cats Shop account as all members are in the database I was told, and order it themselves.

Over the phone they can do it for you, however due to seperate cats shop and member services systems, need to make use of cats voucher credits. This sounds more complicated than it is, but yes, definitely more effort on us versus the previous "opt in" method.

at least they're not charging $10 for just a lanyard like they did last year, that REALLY annoyd me, and so we re-used older lanyards.

You'll find the member items are via this MEMBERS EXCLUSIVE link, which only appears once you login to the Cats Shop. The link that appears by default, which is named MEMBER EXCLUSIVE 2024, is a known defect and doesn't work. I believe Telstra have to fix it.
https://thecatsshoponline.com.au/categories/2024-member-exclusive/member-exclusive.html

Last edited:
So no lanyards and a likely 5min queue to get in and out of the social club each quarter break while people fumble through their phones to find their pass. Grand.

The confusion around memberships, member benefits, not sending orders out in time for the season and genral lack of transparency from the club is alarming and as poorly managed as I can remember in my almost 30 years of membership.

Granted, there's a big new stand and more people than ever before to deal with, and the kids on the end of the phone/email always do their best and are great to deal with, but it just isn't the same since Brian Cook left.

Also is anyone else's Cats app having a conniption whenever they go to the 'Mobile Membership' tab down the bottom? Mine's updated to the latest version and the rest of the app works fine but when I hit that button it all goes south.

So no lanyards and a likely 5min queue to get in and out of the social club each quarter break while people fumble through their phones to find their pass. Grand.

The confusion around memberships, member benefits, not sending orders out in time for the season and genral lack of transparency from the club is alarming and as poorly managed as I can remember in my almost 30 years of membership.

Granted, there's a big new stand and more people than ever before to deal with, and the kids on the end of the phone/email always do their best and are great to deal with, but it just isn't the same since Brian Cook left.

Also is anyone else's Cats app having a conniption whenever they go to the 'Mobile Membership' tab down the bottom? Mine's updated to the latest version and the rest of the app works fine but when I hit that button it all goes south.
I agree on Social Club access. Card on lanyard is way quicker. Also agree on Mobile Membership tab plus the app is very poor for trying to access membership benefits particulary for Social Club and no mention of needing to purchase card and lanyard from Cats Shop. Bit of a dogs breakfast overall.

I agree on Social Club access. Card on lanyard is way quicker. Also agree on Mobile Membership tab plus the app is very poor for trying to access membership benefits particulary for Social Club and no mention of needing to purchase card and lanyard from Cats Shop. Bit of a dogs breakfast overall.
Good to know it's not just my app acting up.

Yeah mine shits the bed in the mobile membership section too

Yeah mine for another club was doing this, just delete and reinstall app.

FYI to anyone at least going in to the Selwood Stand tomorrow, I downloaded the ticket thing for entry to training Monday, and it is the tap situation now, not scanning a barcode.. and I absolutely fumbled through it because I wasn't sure if I had to actually open the ticket in my google wallet or just have it on the screen etc.

Not sure if all the entry scan things have changed though, will be something extra for people to fumble through though for the start at least.

FYI to anyone at least going in to the Selwood Stand tomorrow, I downloaded the ticket thing for entry to training Monday, and it is the tap situation now, not scanning a barcode.. and I absolutely fumbled through it because I wasn't sure if I had to actually open the ticket in my google wallet or just have it on the screen etc.

Not sure if all the entry scan things have changed though, will be something extra for people to fumble through though for the start at least.

Players Stand gate is the same… how does it work? Bring up the ticket in Apple Wallet and it scans in somehow?

Re ticket scanning -

IF you save your ticket to your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet, it removes the barcode/QR code and turns your ticket into an NFI ticket

You just have to hold to up to the ticket scanner for it to register your ticket

It's the same way that other digital passes work in your digital wallets such as Woolworths Rewards card or digital card where you tap on the screen rather than scanning a barcode, or even say Myki where you tap on the screen to register

It's the system in use at Marvel Stadium - not sure about the MCG as I didn't get there for cricket this year

Also, IF you don't add your digital ticket to your digital wallet and just view it in the app, then it'll have a barcode & a blue light moving back & forth - it's a safety feature called a "live barcode". It refreshes the barcode every few minutes to minimise counterfeit opportunities or scalpers who sell multiple copies of the same ticket & only the first person to get to the venue gets in. That's why you can't take screenshots of barcoded tickets to use to get in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back