2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to membership and they advise free upgrade is only available for fully ticketed matches. It astounds me that the Richmond game is not fully ticketed. Club is taking the PI55
If the richmond game sells out (likely) they can designate the GA section as ticketed at a later date. The GA section won't be sold as reserved seats before then, just general GA allocation.

I quickly jumped onto the online chat with memberships and they said the free seat upgrade was only a round 1 thing, i assume there is a just a dedicated first in best dressed GA area as there were prior to the redevelopments at the city end
Again as paid up members there is no obvious information about securing a free seat upgrade on any site I can find. I'm on on the phone in position 33 waiting for advice why I cannot obtain a seat without additional cost. Why can't this issue be resolved and why its so difficult to get a entitled ticket and seat.?

Again as paid up members there is no obvious information about securing a free seat upgrade on any site I can find. I'm on on the phone in position 33 waiting for advice why I cannot obtain a seat without additional cost. Why can't this issue be resolved and why its so difficult to get a entitled ticket and seat.?
yeah I agree the system has some flaws... yesterday's email from the club was clear enough, but I think a member should be able to access a free upgrade to secure a seat in a GA type area for all games at home. Certainly pay more if you want to be in a premium area, but it's not like this is the MCG whereby you can be pretty sure you can rock up and get a seat at nearly any game...

Spoke to membership and they advise free upgrade is only available for fully ticketed matches. It astounds me that the Richmond game is not fully ticketed. Club is taking the PI55

Who makes the decision on fully ticketed games - the stadium, the home team or the league?

I know in past seasons we've had fully ticketed games up in Melbourne when we're the away team - for games at the MCG against Collingwood, and at Marvel Stadium. I'm not sure it's necessarily the home team making the decision on matches being fully ticketed or not, versus acting on advice from the league & past ticket sales etc

Geelong now charging $130+ per a ticket 👀

Attachments

• IMG_0930.png
    IMG_0930.png
    601.7 KB · Views: 48
Geelong now charging $130+ per a ticket 👀
You mean it's more likely that it's the KPST, the AFL & Ticketmaster are charging those prices

There's also cheaper options available

I just had a look at Ticketmaster; you can select standing room, or either of the general admission seating areas, as three different options.

Does this mean that general admission seating could ‘sell out’ and that ga members can only stand, or that people could buy ga seating thinking they get a seat but then get turned to standing when it’s full?

Surely there should only be one GA option and include both seats and standing?

I just had a look at Ticketmaster; you can select standing room, or either of the general admission seating areas, as three different options.

Does this mean that general admission seating could ‘sell out’ and that ga members can only stand, or that people could buy ga seating thinking they get a seat but then get turned to standing when it’s full?

Surely there should only be one GA option and include both seats and standing?

Is that for Friday night versus Essendon or during the season?

Friday night is purely GA

Against the Saints in round 1, it's fully ticketed with no GA option

Looking at the match against North on 14/04 - there's GA seating and GA standing room

My guess on why it's listed under different options is because there's 2 bays of GA seating & the standing room bay which is GA. There's also different options for how to buy tickets: 'Lowest Price', 'Best Seat' & 'Select tickets on map'. The third option shows you the bays with available options in blue, and as there's two GA seating bays indicating where that seating will be & likely why it's listed twice (system setup)

But if you try to buy them they are shown as separate types of tickets - so not sure seating GA would necessarily be shifted into standing GA. If a match is turned into a fully ticketed match, I'd gather that those with GA seating would be given the opportunity to upgrade to a seat for free, as GA members were able to do for round 1

1709100325423.png

1709100438993.png

JkFIrde.jpeg

On another note, has anyone received their merch and other bits-n-pieces such as the car sticker, pen...... yet?

Now a digital kayo member. Real lack of clarity around payment process. It's not as simple as they may seem. $26 per month, 10 installments. But somehow made a payment of $104 first time. Kicking myself I didn't just make the one off payment and be done with it. I know it's not a huge amount. But with so many other payments that go in and out in the digital age its better too have your head wrapped around these things.

Now a digital kayo member. Real lack of clarity around payment process. It's not as simple as they may seem. $26 per month, 10 installments. But somehow made a payment of $104 first time. Kicking myself I didn't just make the one off payment and be done with it. I know it's not a huge amount. But with so many other payments that go in and out in the digital age its better too have your head wrapped around these things.

In regards to the monthly installments, it's 10 installments if you've rolled over your membership or taken out a new one starting in the November, as the 10 payments take you through to August

If you've started your membership after the first installment, there's a catch up payment before the monthly installments start:

MONTHLY EASY PAY​

Our easy pay program divides your membership into 10 monthly instalments, commencing in November 2023 and concluding in August 2024. Depending on when your application is received, catch-up payments may be payable at the time of processing to bring the balance in line with the payment schedule. Monthly deductions will begin on 1 November 2023 and then occur on the 1st of each month until 1 August 2024 (deductions will occur on the next available business day if the 1st falls on a weekend or public holiday).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I almost got caught out by this, but noticed an astrix about the 10 monthly payments starting in November and so the first payment would cover November-March. Instead I opted for the six month in-season option which runes March-August to smooth out the payments.

In regards to the monthly installments, it's 10 installments if you've rolled over your membership or taken out a new one starting in the November, as the 10 payments take you through to August

If you've started your membership after the first installment, there's a catch up payment before the monthly installments start:

MONTHLY EASY PAY​

Our easy pay program divides your membership into 10 monthly instalments, commencing in November 2023 and concluding in August 2024. Depending on when your application is received, catch-up payments may be payable at the time of processing to bring the balance in line with the payment schedule. Monthly deductions will begin on 1 November 2023 and then occur on the 1st of each month until 1 August 2024 (deductions will occur on the next available business day if the 1st falls on a weekend or public holiday).
Thanks mate

I'd rather a physical card then use my phone
You can opt-in by buying them for $5 per card via The Cats Shop.

When I spoke with Member Services and questioned why the charge, the story goes they removed the baked in charge from all memberships, so that way only member who still want it "pay" for it as they always have. Now how true that is....anyone's guess.

Anyone else having difficulty accessing the Members Exclusive items on the cats shop webstore?
It asks me to log in (im already logged in) and do it again anyway then it takes me to the home page with no option to click through..
I shouldnt be surprised.. the website has been s**t for eternity now
Use this link to login: https://thecatsshoponline.com.au/categories/2024-member-exclusive/member-exclusive.html

The one that's on the site with "2024" in the title that appears BEFORE you login is broken, been there for over a month. Told Member Services last week, and the girl confirmed they only recently had it reported to them, otherwise they didn't know. Guess they're not members eh? :p

Blame Telstra, AFL awarded them the contract for their site and all the clubs so, so many years ago.

On another note, has anyone received their merch and other bits-n-pieces such as the car sticker, pen...... yet?
I'm not even sure this exists anymore, especially since they moved to the voucher system for the member item. I recall a sticket last year, but that was about it, that I can recall.

I find it strange the club doesn't use this forum to interact with fans in regards to things like membership. It would seem logical to have a person dedicated to digital interaction.

They have a tonne of people in the membership department these days.

I find it strange the club doesn't use this forum to interact with fans in regards to things like membership. It would seem logical to have a person dedicated to digital interaction.
Not really. This isn't any form of affiliated footy forum with the AFL or clubs. Yes, many members here, but again just another online forum, albeit an old and popular one.

Best example I could give is Whirlpool. Decades ago in the early days of Broadband all the then ISPs had significant representation, at least the smaller players. In the years that followed that's become less and less bar a few examples, but even in those cases, outside of putting out a spot fire of queries they would often default to, best you contact customer service/support etc.

That said, I would like to know the liklihood of member items to arrive in advance of Round 1 in 10 days time. I reckon they'd be getting smashed right now.

Not really. This isn't any form of affiliated footy forum with the AFL or clubs. Yes, many members here, but again just another online forum, albeit an old and popular one.
Also a bit hard to control the message, and you know, they probably don't want to be @ mentioned in some the threads in here to be honest.

Latest mass-mail from the club.

(yes, me and the fam opted in for physical membership cards & lanyards, but many other members would've also seen a variant of this that we also got soon after regarding just the member letter and bumper sticker)

Hi *****,

We are writing to provide an update on your membership card and member welcome letter (including your 2024 bumper sticker).

Your 2024 membership card and welcome letter are currently being processed and lodged from our mail house.

We have been working hard to get your membership card to you in time for the start of the season, however unfortunately we are experiencing some delays.

With the season fast approaching it is now unlikely that you will receive your membership card by Round 1. If you are planning to attend our opening home game against St Kilda next Saturday, please don't panic. Mobile Membership is live and can be used to enter the ground, or if you require an alternate method to get into the match please contact Membership Services via email and we will be able to assist.

Please also note that your membership card will only provide scan in access to GMHBA Stadium matches in season 2024. If you are attending our matches at the MCG your card will not scan in, please contact us if you require assistance with your tickets.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience and we thank you for your patience. We look forward to seeing you at GMHBA Stadium next Saturday, and also don’t forget about our Open Training on Monday where you will have access to check out everything the Joel Selwood Stand has to offer. Click below for all the details!

Kind Regards,
Membership Services

Also a bit hard to control the message, and you know, they probably don't want to be @ mentioned in some the threads in here to be honest.
During Kevin Diggerson's time in charge of PR, there was someone designated to respond to matters raised here. Think he went by the username Cats Insider. Seemed to work well. The person just needs to be judicious.

Latest mass-mail from the club.

(yes, me and the fam opted in for physical membership cards & lanyards, but many other members would've also seen a variant of this that we also got soon after regarding just the member letter and bumper sticker)
Very late dispatching the material this year. Methinks there might have been some issues.

We'll see if the merch related to the voucher arrives this year as it's supposed to. 🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back