MRP / Trib. 2024 MRO & Tribunal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

GEELONG duo Mark Blicavs and Jhye Clark have both copped one-match bans for high bumps on Greater Western Sydney's Lachie Whitfield on Saturday.

Whitfield was hit high in two seperate but similar incidents during the Giants' win at GMHBA Stadium, with first Clark and then Blicavs getting the defender high.

Both incidents were graded careless, medium impact and high contact, leading to a one-match ban for both players.

80eb9f58-d47f-39f3-50ad-0bc24ede039a.png

I wouldn't be surprised if we fight the Blicavs one and accept the Clark one - sounds like Clark is sore & was getting treatment during the match on his upper leg and could potentially miss next week anyway with a rest/managed

The AFL are all at sea. There's no way they should be graded the same. Clark barely made contact as the ball was kicked and it was a glancing head clash. Blicavs was basically Luke Parker without the consequences.

Clark's incident should never be a suspension and Blicavs should get 3 if the AFL actually want to stamp out the bad, unnecessary bumps.

I wouldn't be surprised if we fight the Blicavs one and accept the Clark one - sounds like Clark is sore & was getting treatment during the match on his upper leg and could potentially miss next week anyway with a rest/managed
I would like to appeal Clark's then rest him anyway

AFL trying to protect itself against future lawsuits. This week's sacrificial lamb is Mark Blicavs.

No early plea, so nothing to be lost by appealing both. If the AFL want to take an adversarial stance against us- as the last few weeks have clearly shown- might as well fight them on everything.
That non htb in the first quarter where the GWS player dropped it after ten seconds of walking thru a tackle was an absolute joke of a call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That non htb in the first quarter where the GWS player dropped it after ten seconds of walking thru a tackle was an absolute joke of a call

Should have been holding the ball after O'Halloran took on the first tackle and got caught in the second. But if not, it should have been a ball up much sooner.

It's pretty clear that the ump was hoping that O'Halloran would get taken to ground so he could pay him a free for a dangerous tackle.

Last edited:
Both good blokes
Should get off on that alone

For all those playing at home I don’t think Blicavs has ever had a suspension in his 257 games

Compared to C.Cameron’s 200 games

Would love to know how many times Blicavs has ever been fined If anyone can find that out
The good bloke card won’t work again, it was rightly ridiculed originally

The AFL are all at sea. There's no way they should be graded the same. Clark barely made contact as the ball was kicked and it was a glancing head clash. Blicavs was basically Luke Parker without the consequences.

Clark's incident should never be a suspension and Blicavs should get 3 if the AFL actually want to stamp out the bad, unnecessary bumps.

This. Blicavs should be 4 actually and clark should get an apology.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back