Player Watch #25: Toby Nankervis

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like I'm going to really enjoy watching this big fella play

I agree... I think the brilliant thing will be the tackling not only he provides but the other new boys as well, plus a fit Conca who is probably our best tackling mid.

For the record last year these guys averaged
Prestia - 5.4
Nank - 5.1
Conca - 4.2
Caddy - 3.9

This would make them 1, 2, 5 and 6 respectively at Richmond last season. Cotchin and Miles would drop from 1 & 2 to 3 & 4.

Also caddy averaged 5.6 tackles in 2015 as a full time mid which would have made him our no.1 tackler by a long way in 2015 as grigg was first at 4.2

I agree... I think the brilliant thing will be the tackling not only he provides but the other new boys as well, plus a fit Conca who is probably our best tackling mid.

Prestia - 5.4
Nank - 5.1
Conca - 4.2
Caddy - 3.9

This would make them 1, 2, 5 and 6 respectively at Richmond last season. Cotchin and Miles would drop from 1 & 2 to 3 & 4.

Also caddy averaged 5.6 tackles in 2015 as a full time mid which would have made him our no.1 tackler by a long way in 2015 as grigg was first at 4.2
That is pretty impressive to add that type of quality to our team in one off season.

Prestia - 5.4
Nank - 5.1
Conca - 4.2
Caddy - 3.9

Delicious!!!!..........................:cool:

I may have let out an evil cackle when Nank tackled our own guys in the Midfield video

I may have let out an evil cackle when Nank tackled our own guys in the Midfield video

With Kane (I think) saying he nearly put some of our boys in hospital made me think ....OUCH ! & smile. Then I watched the footage and thought he was holding back a bit. Glad he's on our team.......I think Kane said that too?.....:)......:thumbsu:

how good was the big fella last night loves a contested mark and is hard at it was good to see also has decent skills when not shooting for goal. looks a big steal can see the work ivan has put into him over the summer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how good was the big fella last night loves a contested mark and is hard at it was good to see also has decent skills when not shooting for goal. looks a big steal can see the work ivan has put into him over the summer
future co captain with rioli? :p

I mentioned it a few times in the off season, he has a good mark on him so can push forward and he has that c#@t in him that reminds me of Greg Stafford, plus the Sydney link. Loved me some Stafford aggression.
hopefully no stalker tho

Like a young Ivan. Looks great. We have his brute and Griffiths jump at centre bounces. You could almost rotate these 2 from ruck/forward about 50/50 throughout the match. I think Griff can become a lot better playing more often in the ruck[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, it seems to spark him & get him more involved. Then he seems to perform better up forward as well....

Sean Griggs was drafted as a ruck and that's where we need to play him!!!!!!

No 3rd man up rules gonna kill him....:'(...............:p

Exactly as I hinted, happy to sacrifice a few extra meaningless stats in the hit out column for a bloke who gets his hands on the footy and impacts contests around the ground. Sets the tone for the rest of the team to follow if you're ruck is getting his hands dirty. Keeps this up - and I have no reason to see why not - it's adios Hampson and we'll be a far better team.

Last edited:
I mentioned it a few times in the off season, he has a good mark on him so can push forward and he has that c#@t in him that reminds me of Greg Stafford, plus the Sydney link. Loved me some Stafford aggression.

Bloody love Stafford. The day he rearranged everitts face and also Remember the time in apocalyptic like conditions at the G against freo... Pissed down all day and staff was 35 out and took the man on the mark on. Completely ballsed it up and got pinged. Classic moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back