Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone on here ever had glandular fever? If so, how long did it take to fully recover? Are some posters on here just being tools for the hell of it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had it twice, first took me out of school for a whole year and second was a relapse for about 3-6 months.

Biggest thing for me was energy levels, just had absolute zero and it damages your lungs if your cough is chronic/severe enough. I had some damage received as a result of it.

Has anyone on here ever had glandular fever? If so, how long did it take to fully recover? Are some posters on here just being tools for the hell of it?

Girlfriend had it six years ago - stamina has never improved and still struggles getting up early (could be her excuse to make me do morning coffees though 🙃)

I have had it and then got chronic fatigue as well - I am still not right after 6 years - ALWAYS tired, no energy. So all you guys potting the guy, settle it down. It takes ages to get over even if just glandular fever.

I don't think people realise how bad glandular can actually be, its almost as bad as a nasty knee injury at this time of his career.

It will take a long time to get him back to normal.
Maybe we should give him the rest of the year off to get right and open up another spot in the MSD.

BMac had it a few years back - took him quite a while to gt back into groove - but he came back better than ever!

Maybe we should give him the rest of the year off to get right and open up another spot in the MSD.
Only if he absolutely won't play for mine. I'd still rather he get a solid block of games in this year, even if VFL.

Anderson had it early on in his North career didn’t he? That definitely took him at least 12 months to get back to full fitness and form from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still plenty of time left in the year.

The fact that he was able to come back and play some minutes in the VFL was a good sign of his recovery.

Just needs some rest atm and then can attack the second half of the year to build some confidence in his body.

Girlfriend had it six years ago - stamina has never improved and still struggles getting up early (could be her excuse to make me do morning coffees though 🙃)
Her stamina or yours? :D

But seriously I trust and hope NMFC are going softly softly with WiPhi

Wow!

So much narcissism and hostility in the one post.

Call it how I see it. There is nothing genuine about a swans fan and this faux concern from a bottom feeding sh*tstain sent me over the edge.

I’m actually concerned. It breaks my heart to see another talented kid fall so far behind, due to either personal misfortune, bad luck or malpractice.

I think we need stop calling it bad luck and start classifying it as either personal misfortune, ie: you ****ed up something which was within your control or malpractice, ie: the Club made some sort of unforced error.

There are just too many examples for this to be bad luck.

Gosh well all I see here is that he is building back from a type of downtime that allows pretty much zero conditioning for a long time.

In my eyes Will Phillips is incredibly important to us moving forward into the future and ffor him to ramp back up quickly - his confidence around other players, and crystal clear leadership qualities are critical for this rebuild to take hold, and he can really only properly do that when he is on the park playing with the group.

Not much to report on.
The plan was to build his game time up and to have him back in the seniors by now.

His performances at VFL level havnt been to his liking and even though the body feels great (he’s in great nick) he’s just not covering the ground like he wants.

Basically told a bit more rest will help and it’s going to be a weekly assessment from there. Club hasn’t put a timeline on his return.

All I can say is he seems visibly frustrated.

Not much to report on.
The plan was to build his game time up and to have him back in the seniors by now.

His performances at VFL level havnt been to his liking and even though the body feels great (he’s in great nick) he’s just not covering the ground like he wants.

Basically told a bit more rest will help and it’s going to be a weekly assessment from there. Club hasn’t put a timeline on his return.

Well I hope he just keeps the fuel burning because workrate gets you everywhere.

Not much to report on.

Will, the club and the supporters just need to be patient. He'll pay us back massively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back