Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

That kick to larkey where he dragged him forward was un north like

I feel like this skill of this midfield is the karmic realignment for the last twenty years of North midfields. Philips is for Shane Clayton. Powell is for Adam Simpson. TT is for a Liam Anthony.

and so on…

Hall or Ziebs?

Both can hit a worldy, then the next kick hit a grubber or put it into the hot dog stand.

Thomas and Stephenson are the best kicks at the club. Thomas has a wand of a right foot.

Phillips may also be on their level on the small sample size so far.

Cunners is a better kick than any of them

Hall or Ziebs?

Both can hit a worldy, then the next kick hit a grubber or put it into the hot dog stand.

Thomas and Stephenson are the best kicks at the club. Thomas has a wand of a right foot.

A lot of truth to what you say, although I think you are a bit harsh on Hall and Z to a lesser extent. They may fluff some but they are going for a lot with their kicks. I think Hall‘s kicking has been brilliant.

A lot of truth to what you say, although I think you are a bit harsh on Hall and Z to a lesser extent. They may fluff some but they are going for a lot with their kicks. I think Hall‘s kicking has been brilliant.

Both have had great seasons, but both are prone to some shockers with their kicking.

They tend to be better when they keep it simple.

Hall kicked one into about the 5th row of the wing under basically no pressure today.

Jack kicks a grubber along the ground every 2 games.

Hall or Ziebs?

Robbie Tarrant is one of our best kicks - very underrated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kick over the shoulder where he summed it up perfectly and Jed just didn't take the mark. The bloke has so much class which we are only starting to get a taste of what he's capable of.
Couldn’t agree more . Will be an absolute gun & future leader . Considering there was no footy last year at all for him & all he’s past games the previous years was at junior level . I can’t believe how composed & settled he looks already after a hand full of senior AFL games .

That kick to larkey where he dragged him forward was un north like
I called it straight away when Will passed that weighted pass to Larkey .
That was elite & he absolutely knew what he was doing as well as Larkey who is going to love leading up to Will , Powell, TT & co In the near future.
I laughed at how long the commentary took at least 5min later or mentioned it at half time of how well thought & great that pass was by Will.

His ability to sum up the situation and make the right decision is on par with Cunnington. Not to shabby for a first year player.

The kick to Larkey was obviously brilliant. But I liked the 5-6 seconds he held the ball before the kick. Most young players would feel under pressure to dispose of it quicker.

If you actually went back and compared I’d have WAP comfortably ahead of LDU, Thomas and Simpkins first years.

Just needs time on the ball to showcase his skills.

It’s going to be tough to get a gig in there.
Probably starting cunners , Jy , LDU in the middle - wings Powell , Lmac
Then we have Jed , TT, Stevo , Bailey,Mahony, Taylor , Polec , Phillips and whoever we draft this year.

Could he get the rising star nom this week?

Extremely doubtful, Schoenberg from the Crows would be the likely guess right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back