Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

I've not been as confident on a player being a big part of our future since Cunnington. Every move he makes shows a dedication to achieve personally and for the club.

Let’s just hope Will isn’t rushing or dragging.
Clarko and Will on November 2nd.
Whiplash HD Wallpapers for desktop download

In really good nick at the moment.
Club is holding him back however.

We don’t want him to burn out before pre-season officially begins but the man knows no limits. He really wants to push on and step up next year.

Good news is the hip issue he had has all but gone (didn’t even know he had one). The year off has done wonders for the confidence in the knee too.
Wouldn’t say he’s 100% just yet such is North’s conservatism with young injured players, but he’s on the right track.
Will be ever so delighted to chew the fat and see Clarko at the club next week as well.

Don’t think the coaches have the day off on Tuesday so November 1 is the first day for Clarko

All systems go!

Club is holding back however.

We don’t want him to burn out before pre-season officially begins but the man knows no limits. He really wants to push on and step next year.

Good news is the hip issue he had has all but gone. The year off has done wonders for the confidence in the knee too.
Wouldn’t say he’s 100% just yet such is North’s conservatism with young injured players, but he’s on the right track.
Will be ever so delighted to chew the fat and see Clarko at the club next week.
Don’t think the players or coaches have the day off on Tuesday.

All systems go!

Brilliant news tazaa 👍

We don’t want him to burn out before pre-season officially begins but the man knows no limits. He really wants to push on and step up next year.

Good news is the hip issue he had has all but gone (didn’t even know he had one). The year off has done wonders for the confidence in the knee too.
Will be ever so delighted to chew the fat and see Clarko at the club next week as well.

Don’t think the coaches have the day off on Tuesday so November 1 is the first day for Clarko

All systems go!

Knee and hip? I only ever knew about his health issues.

All systems go!
There’s been some really good news stories this season and this is second only to Clarko signing.

I cannot wait for him to let his football make all doubters STFU.

I cannot wait for him to let his football make all doubters STFU.
When he's not being ignored by most pundits he's just being compared unfavourably to Logan McDonald, with zero consideration for WiPhi's circumstances. If, when, it happens I look forward very much to his rise.

When he's not being ignored by most pundits he's just being compared unfavourably to Logan McDonald, with zero consideration for WiPhi's circumstances. If, when, it happens I look forward very much to his rise.

I very much look forward to making a shitload of noise about it when it happens.

Might need to make a twitter account just so Corn can ban me.

And with zero considerations about McDonald’s actual performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And with zero considerations about McDonald’s actual performance
The narrative was created early, and from that point on facts can gagf I guess. All it really took was a few OK games too iirc. Football journalism sucks, and worst of all it colours the opinions of the rest of us even if we don't engage much.

All systems go!
lets-go-the-rock.gif

I very much look forward to making a shitload of noise about it when it happens.

Might need to make a twitter account just so Corn can ban me.

Unless you abuse him personally he’s not thin skinned.

He’s playing a character for his brand. I doubt he believes half the s**t he says.

Unless you abuse him personally he’s not thin skinned.

He’s playing a character for his brand. I doubt he believes half the s**t he says.
100%. His boss Hutchy loves everything about the USA including its media which is based on shock jocks and hot takes, which in turn create discussion, clicks and revenue for a couple of days until it dies off and the next outlandish statement is made.

Want it to go away? Ignore it, don't click articles and don't listen in. No ratings = death

100%. His boss Hutchy loves everything about the USA including its media which is based on shock jocks and hot takes, which in turn create discussion, clicks and revenue for a couple of days until it dies off and the next outlandish statement is made.

Want it to go away? Ignore it, don't click articles and don't listen in. No ratings = death

Spot on.

I only hear about that moron from everyone ******* reposting his s**t on here.

Just went back and had a look at one of Giantroo’s draft prospect videos of Will Phillips on YouTube.

His highlights as a bottom ager in the Under 18s are as good as any.

With a full pre-season under his belt and hopefully more midfield minutes,
we should see him break out this year.

There was a lot in those videos that reminded me of Gary Ablett Junior. Large call I know, but he has an all round midfield game that mixes power, speed, clean ball handling, vision and elite disposal by hand and foot that will become a real weapon for us for many years. He also has an awkward, but effective kicking action - as did Ablett junior.

As others have said, regardless of how well we think we improve our list through this year’s draft, the ‘recruiting’ of a fit Phillips into the line up for 2023 will fast track our rise back up the ladder under Clarko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The impact of this year on Will’s development should not be underestimated. Even with ACL tears or stress fractures, players can still perform exercises in the gym to build strength and size, and slowly progress running. Will had periods where the most he could do was go on light walks. I am tempering expectations, especially earlier in the season until he has built match fitness.

Last edited:
Just went back and had a look at one of Giantroo’s draft prospect videos of Will Phillips on YouTube.

His highlights as a bottom ager in the Under 18s are as good as any.

With a full pre-season under his belt and hopefully more midfield minutes,
we should see him break out this year.

There was a lot in those videos that reminded me of Gary Ablett Junior. Large call I know, but he has an all round midfield game that mixes power, speed, clean ball handling, vision and elite disposal by hand and foot that will become a real weapon for us for many years. He also has an awkward, but effective kicking action - as did Ablett junior.

As others have said, regardless of how well we think we improve our list through this year’s draft, the ‘recruiting’ of a fit Phillips into the line up for 2023 will fast track our rise back up the ladder under Clarko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is also a committed professional. Not taking the piss out of his opportunity.

This kid has the attributes to push past his peers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back