Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

This. In his juniors vision is manic at the contest yet thinks quick and has neat skills. Off-field comes across as a really rounded, considered kid. A good character for any environment, not just football.

Yep and Clarko knows it.

Like when Sherman hooks up with Nadia? :)
american pie GIF

There is a fair bit of pressure on the kid to show something next year.
Almost every idiot in the media has written him off as a bad pick.
He was drafted after playing no footy in his draft year & looked off the pace in his first season, despite a few good moments here & there. He has been cruelled by injury/illness ever since & thus is a bit of a forgotten man amongst most non-NMFC fans.
If he can have a ripping pre-season, he might surprise a few & hopefully remind them why he was pick 3.
We need him to step up more than ever with JHF leaving!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a fair bit of pressure on the kid to show something next year.
Almost every idiot in the media has written him off as a bad pick.
He was drafted after playing no footy in his draft year & looked off the pace in his first season, despite a few good moments here & there. He has been cruelled by injury/illness ever since & thus is a bit of a forgotten man amongst most non-NMFC fans.
If he can have a ripping pre-season, he might surprise a few & hopefully remind them why he was pick 3.
We need him to step up more than ever with JHF leaving!
Never have I had as much faith in a NM player to get the absolute best out of himself after major setbacks as Will.

His work ethic and leadership was well documented before he was drafted and no one would be more drivenips to prove people wrong than himself.

Get em Prince William..

He is the polar opposite to JHF.

And when you think about instability this kid:
Couldn't play his top age year properly due to COVID.
Got drafted to a club that didn't have a coach.
Showed glimpses in his first games
Got COVID,
Got glandular fever
watched the roller coaster of our year from the sidelines unable to help unable to play

and what was the response to these things?

pre draft, train harder get fitter.
Post injury train harder get fitter.

This bloke is driven as f***. HE needs to get on and stay on the field. I have little doubt that the 29 will suit him well for what is hopefully a long career.

Would love to see the 'on mission' hair back!View attachment 1534885

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree 100%. Whereas JHF looked horrendous with a shaved head post kangalotto, Will Phillips is one of those rare white men who looks really good after a date with the clippers. As my bald father-in-law says, God only made a certain number of perfect scalps, and for everyone else, He gave hair.

I agree 100%. Whereas JHF looked horrendous with a shaved head post kangalotto, Will Phillips is one of those rare white men who looks really good after a date with the clippers. As my bald father-in-law says, God only made a certain number of perfect scalps, and for everyone else, He gave hair.
As a bald man this is the best saying I've ever heard.

Legitimately pisses me off, the snide, uneducated comments from media "experts" that get thrown this kids way.

90% of them don't even know what illness he had this year, and say he was 'injured'. And then to continue taking digs while McDonald is stinking it up. Ridiculous.

If you're going to have a dig do a bit of research, cause they look like absolute dickheads.

WiPhi is going to make them eat their words in the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back