Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t see Sheez as a midfielder.

Wing, HB and HF, yes. But not so much in the guts. Especially with the players we already have there.

He'll get through there on the odd occasion. For me it's more about what Will wants though. I can't see him being satisfied with being 5th-6th banana.

Yep watched as well, didnt really impact much which is disappointing.

Funny thing is with all the handwringing over Phillips for the last few weeks, i was going point out that my choice wouldve been worse. Which was Thilthorpe who wasnt available then Elijah Hollands who was a complete bust. Until today.
Not that it matters now, the moment we drafted Will im all in supporting him to make it. We know you can football Will, lets get cracking!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got belted in the ruck yesterday in the VFL. He was tied with Greenwood for our match high clearances. We are missing the big body of Greenwood around the ground, as well as the crumbing of WillPhil. I feel that him and X could become something special if given a shot. Allows LDU to work more outside, WP to dish it out

We got belted in the ruck yesterday in the VFL. He was tied with Greenwood for our match high clearances. We are missing the big body of Greenwood around the ground, as well as the crumbing of WillPhil. I feel that him and X could become something special if given a shot. Allows LDU to work more outside, WP to dish it out
So you didn't watch the VFL yesterday?

He was running on a treadmill, looked disinterested in the contest. He's had a terrible preseason and doesn't look anywhere near the level. Can't crack a game in our basket case of a team. He's not the answer.
Phillips or Greenwood?

He was running on a treadmill, looked disinterested in the contest. He's had a terrible preseason and doesn't look anywhere near the level. Can't crack a game in our basket case of a team. He's not the answer.
Are you referring to Phillips here? If so then both of these statements are categorically untrue.

Last edited:
I can’t remember which intraclub or practice match prior to the season commencing where him and Powell were absolutely cooking together. Pretty much taking off from where they left the ‘23 season after belting GC.

I’m sure there is a difference to having Xerri putting it down your throat, compared to Free attempting to compete against a VFL standard Pittonet.

lol, very funny you asked if they were watching, the way you watch

He wasn't great but you have a massive axe to grind with him so it's not really an intellectually honest assessment of Will is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back