AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Him and Langford perma forwards with maybe 10 min a game in the guts. Not everyone needs to be a mid and these guys are showing enough up forward.

Imo I'm happy joey fanta these 2 hooker and zaka thats a good forward line to work with

I thought part of the reason he was considering leaving was for more midfield opportunity? Would be very surprised if we didn't give it to him just because we drafted a lot of mids that might work out.
He was never leaving. Just Connors trying to jinx things up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't play midfield in TAC he started in defense before being tried up forward in the championships and impressing and has played there ever since

I can't see him developing a 25+ midfielders game, I still see him as a high half forward low possession count high scoreboard impact, Maybe in the Tom Lynch (Ade) mold.

I can't see him developing a 25+ midfielders game, I still see him as a high half forward low possession count high scoreboard impact, Maybe in the Tom Lynch (Ade) mold.
He has always been a spurts player and despite not winning enough footy I think he should be used in the middle from time to time. Great clean hands in the contest and good speed for his size

Or you could use them both as hybrid midfield/forward combination where they average low 20's and over a goal a game.

I reckon Laverde AND Langford will playing more football in the engine room next year. With Fantasia + Green, Daniher + Hooker, Bellchambers + Leuenberger in the forward mix, we can start letting these two play up the ground a bit where their size will be damaging.

DPS, Did he have good numbers in his junior years in the middle?

The jets that year had several really good mids (duggan, Ellis, Menadue) but no talls. He apparently played a couple of games further afield but he played as basically a key forward almost out of necessity.

Similar story with Langford, if you're 190+ you'll inevitably play a fair bit of key position at tac level no matter what

Remove this Banner Ad

Back