Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news. I hope he can stay fit next season. Important player.

Apparently he signed it virtually via pointing whilst directing his teammate's movements with his other index finger.

View attachment 437268

Was using another finger for former whorethorn players buckenara and Wallace.

Good on him for not giving a generic answer like "we don't read too much into, if at all" or other similar replies! These washed up critics need to be held accountable for the crap they dish up so it's good to see a player fight back. The fact is that we do have A grade players in Tarrant, Cunnington and Brown. We had a younger and less experienced list than Carlton and Brisbane and yet still beat them comfortably. I'd love and pay good money to get 5 minutes in a cage with some of these media critics

This contract extension is a bit perplexing tbh.

He was signed until 2019, with the current rebuild I don't think there was any reason what so ever to extend him to 2020. (Unless they wanted to front load that year into this year).

It's all well and good to do that, Jamie is a senior player and a leader, but 3 years is a long time in football, especially for a a fairly unordinary player (I.e around the 12th best or so at the club).

That will take him through to 29/30, the same age as Gibson and Swallow were turfed, he's certainly not had half the career of Spitta and Gibbo has fared better in B&F's as well, they were more than happy to turf him at the end of the contract.

Just reeks of repeating mistakes with long contracts to Swallow & Thomas all over again.

I don't think mid range, 26+ year old players should be on anything more than 2 years at a time, we shouldn't be afraid of FA or trading mid rangers 26+, it's good list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This move is to release funds for 19. He restructures and extends, I would bet that his 18 money will be 90% of the total of the contract.

He was signed until 2019, with the current rebuild I don't think there was any reason what so ever to extend him to 2020. (Unless they wanted to front load that year into this year).

It's all well and good to do that, Jamie is a senior player and a leader, but 3 years is a long time in football, especially for a a fairly unordinary player (I.e around the 12th best or so at the club).

That will take him through to 29/30, the same age as Gibson and Swallow were turfed, he's certainly not had half the career of Spitta and Gibbo has fared better in B&F's as well, they were more than happy to turf him at the end of the contract.

Just reeks of repeating mistakes with long contracts to Swallow & Thomas all over again.

I don't think mid range, 26+ year old players should be on anything more than 2 years at a time, we shouldn't be afraid of FA or trading mid rangers 26+, it's good list management.

I don't really get the issue here, largely front loading you would think he would be playing in three years, why not?

I don't really get the issue here, largely front loading you would think he would be playing in three years, why not?

I think you would of said the same about Swallow and Thomas respectively at 28 years of age as well.

Nothing is given and it's just contract management, again, for no reason.

Jamie isn't a hot commodity and doesn't really need to be on a 3 year deal given the transition the club is in.

Just like Swallow and Thomas didn't need 3 year deals at 28 years of age either.

The club doesn't have a fantastic record over the last 10 years in this regard.

Last edited:
I think you would of said the same about Swallow and Thomas respectively at 28 years of age as well.

Nothing is given and it's just poor list management again for no reason.

Jamie isn't a hot commodity and doesn't really need to be on a 3 year deal given the transition the club is in.

Just like Swallow and Thomas didn't need 3 year deals at 28 years of age either.

This contract bring him up to the same age as Swallow and Thomas are now, so I don't get that argument, you need some experience long term. He is a first 22 player and considering the front ended nature it's fine to extend.

Now, Brad Scott's extension is perplexing. Whether or not he is a good coach is up for debate but he should be judged on 2018s performance.

C'mon Mate. Joyces' has aced List Management up to now. Have Faith. :stern look

The comments by jmac are exactly why I will always back him in. Shinboner through and through and the consummate teamsman.

Glad someone had the guts to come out and say it.

Ziebell seems pretty happy with the extension.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back