Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you mean 'dais?'

Thanks random essendon fan for coming onto the swans board to inject yourself into this thread and pick up something from almost 12 months ago

Dias dais Either way essendon won’t see one anytime soon

Thanks random essendon fan for coming onto the swans board to inject yourself into this thread and pick up something from almost 12 months ago

Dias dais Either way essendon won’t see one anytime soon

Wasn't being snarky or anything.

Our 23 year old Jordan Dawson "we thrive off the younger players" 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I don’t always get it right but nailed Dawson, including the Malceski comparison :p

I don’t always get it right but nailed Dawson, including the Malceski comparison :p

Being saying it for a few years like ya self

That’s his role imo but with better defending due to size

The goalless quarters

Shudders.

I am loving his kicking in the last two matches. It's exactly what he needs to be doing if he's in defence. Clearing it 60m and biting off that long kick to the corridor. I am so loving his and Braeden's kicking in that it actually feels like a jarring halt in momentum when it's then Lloyd's turn to take kick-in duties.

I am loving his kicking in the last two matches. It's exactly what he needs to be doing if he's in defence. Clearing it 60m and biting off that long kick to the corridor. I am so loving his and Braeden's kicking in that it actually feels like a jarring halt in momentum when it's then Lloyd's turn to take kick-in duties.

Hahaha.

Yesterday at a random kick in, see the square is practically vacant from my tier 4 seat. Thinking to myself "Just pump it long down the middle"

Look down and see number 44 is taking the kick in.

Never mind.

I feel like with his height and intercept marking he's like a cross between AJ and Malceski. Hasn't met the heights of either player's specific style yet, but it's a mighty fine cross that is arguably as valuable or moreso than either player individually.

Also I was/am a massive fan of AJ in case that's not clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha.

Yesterday at a random kick in, see the square is practically vacant from my tier 4 seat. Thinking to myself "Just pump it long down the middle"

Look down and see number 44 is taking the kick in.

Never mind.

I don't dislike Lloyd's kick-ins. Yes, they are more conservative and I'm always more excited when it's 34 or 16 kicking in, but it takes all types and he is quite clever in constructing plays.

Hahaha.

Look down and see number 44 is taking the kick in.o

Never mind.
One kick in I saw Lloyd grab it and wave off Dawson. That needs to stop

Being saying it for a few years like ya self

That’s his role imo but with better defending due to size
you admitted you were wrong after the game earlier, so only fair I say that I got this one wrong - was calling for dawson to be moved up to half forward, but played a hell of a game yesterday at half back

I don't dislike Lloyd's kick-ins. Yes, they are more conservative and I'm always more excited when it's 34 or 16 kicking in, but it takes all types and he is quite clever in constructing plays.
If you bang it straight down the middle every time it's too easy to defend. Need variety. Doesn't mean the variety has to come from Lloyd but his little chain setups can be pretty clever.

I was a bit worried he wouldn’t fully find his niche, but this season he’s got a clear purpose and his execution is sublime.

The best Sydney teams always seem to have that elite HB player. Tadhg Kennelly, Malceski and Dawson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His defence is really solid. He's got long arms which really help in combination with clever use of his body. But it's his kicking which is really setting him apart. He's a weapon with that left foot - he and Campbell are going to be impossible to contain when the latter has matured a little more. Right in AA calculations so far this year.

Wonder when they will start tagging him

Clarkson also did mal with sheil

And Michael Osborne. I remember one night at the 'G where Osborne went every step Malceski did and really took him out of the game.

If Dawson starts getting tagged - which I'd say is tricky because he's taller and would ideally play on third talls so oppositions might have to drop a tall forward of theirs to make the tag fit - it'd be a great opportunity for Campbell to increase his ball use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back