AFL Player #40: Tex Wanganeen - Running and kicking drills at training - 23/3

Remove this Banner Ad

"Yeah so Tex, we're taking a really cautious approach with him, re-loading him. So he's going really well, so as long as he gets through this week and gets through and has no issues with that ankle he'll be available to play this week."

From the video:

"Yeah so Tex, we're taking a really cautious approach with him, re-loading him. So he's going really well, so as long as he gets through this week and gets through and has no issues with that ankle he'll be available to play this week."

From the video:

They use such weird wording (e.g. "re-loading him").

He's one of the few players on the list that is hungry and tackles. Gives his everything. Good enough for me. Get him in.

Looks like he is doing Dreamtime media. With Caldwell out and Hobbs/Perkins/Shiel/Parish taking more midfield minutes, he could come in. Also gives us a genuine small forward which we've missed for a few weeks now.

Maurice looks like he's chomping at the bit to play us.

Tex has a "what have I done" look about him

Looks like he is doing Dreamtime media. With Caldwell out and Hobbs/Perkins/Shiel/Parish taking more midfield minutes, he could come in. Also gives us a genuine small forward which we've missed for a few weeks now.

Ben Affleck Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see it with him. Works hard, does all the right things but just needs to put weight on to make some of those tackles stick

I would just pick and stick from here. Season is over from a finals stand point.
Floats in and out of games but as his tank builds he will get more consistent.

Has enough tricks to make it.
Yep I think he will make it. Has a touch of class and it’s in his nature to pressure. Just needs to get fitter and stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back