4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe India won the series. Doesn't feel real. I honestly don't think Australia bowled too bad in the last 2 tests, just the field placements were a bit iffy. Especially at the SCG where players were on the boundary when India were clearly just trying to survive. Lots of learning for both teams from this series.

Australia have big issues with their batting though. Warner clearly shouldn't have been selected and has been a bit inconsistent for a while. Pucovski is unreliable due to his injury history. Harris can't convert starts. Head and Wade haven't done enough. Green looks like a solid player but has a big issue with inswingers aimed at his front pad.

Given how "fortress Australia" has been conquered for some time now, it's time for touring teams to show some mettle in other parts of the world!
I can't wait to see the new India on a green seaming pitch -- i'm sure they will conquer that as well!

In such a case would expect migration to stop then but Indians do the same in Other countries too. Migrate and yet abuse, even if we keep it within cricketing parlance. You wouldn’t understand probably or or doesn’t matter. Let’s agree to disagree here also.

yes I'm absolutely certain that no people of a specific ethnicity aside from Indians ever go to other countries and have the nerve to call out racism.

There are no people of Cuban, Haitian, Jamaican descent in America who would have got behind the Black Lives Matter movement. In fact if they did, they shouldn't have. Because no one has the right to call out racism unless they were born in the country that they are protesting in.

No Australians, not even the ones in this forum, who go and live in Asia, should ever call out the racism of those countries.
What stunning points you've made about the human condition and in particular, race relations.

Ha ha. That’s true. However it is illegal in the subcontinent and recently some celebrities were jailed or questioned in Indian because they smoked up. Some Pakistani crickets have actually been caught with weed at airports on tours
So have the South Africans, so have the Kiwis, in Unforgiven David Murray talks about his use, Botham fessed up, Jonathon Agnew talks about Kiwis smoking before they played and Viv Richards has alluded to his use, there's no reason to think that it's use in cricket circles doesn't mirror the broader community. The only it's still even on the naughty list is that it's listed as a recovery aid. Anyway OT, naughty me.

yes I'm absolutely certain that no people of a specific ethnicity aside from Indians ever go to other countries and have the nerve to call out racism.

There are no people of Cuban, Haitian, Jamaican descent in America who would have got behind the Black Lives Matter movement. In fact if they did, they shouldn't have. Because no one has the right to call out racism unless they were born in the country that they are protesting in.

No Australians, not even the ones in this forum, who go and live in Asia, should ever call out the racism of those countries.
What stunning points you've made about the human condition and in particular, race relations.
You got to obviously respect the place you are entering by desire and choice . That the world does it does not make the wrong, right. Stay where you are then. Why leave your country. However you probably won’t understand because as I said you come across as Indian or are a fan of such hypocrisy.

You got to obviously respect the place you are entering by desire and choice . That the world does it does not make the wrong, right. Stay where you are then. Why leave your country. However you probably won’t understand because as I said you come across as Indian or are a fan of such hypocrisy.

What, so if I went and lived in Ghana and worked there, was given a good opportunity to further my career, paid my taxes, did my job well, and got called a white c*** by everyone, I'd just have to shut up and take it and when people ask me if I like living in Ghana, I've just got to smile politely and say 'it's great and nothing bad ever happens.'

welcome to the already massive club of pillocks who can't differentiate applauding a sporting team, and being from a different country to that sporting team. You have a splendid acceptance of diversity.

What, so if I went and lived in Ghana and worked there, was given a good opportunity to further my career, paid my taxes, did my job well, and got called a white c*** by everyone, I'd just have to shut up and take it and when people ask me if I like living in Ghana, I've just got to smile politely and say 'it's great and nothing bad ever happens.'

welcome to the already massive club of pillocks who can't differentiate applauding a sporting team, and being from a different country to that sporting team. You have a splendid acceptance of diversity.
If you think Ghana is racist, please go back to your country and pay your taxes there. Why did you leave your country then. Will you keep shouting Ghana is racist and if India beats Ghana in Football, will you dance on the streets, do derogatory name calling for Ghana on social media sites.
We can discuss on diversity but coming from an Indian where people are lynched or raped because of caste and religion, I am not sure you have any standing to discuss on diversity with me. All I said was if one has migrated and taken up a passport of that country better learn to respect it than abusing or criticizing it. I hope as an educated man you can understand this. If you cannot, I am sorry for you. Have a good day.

Starc was mostly off since Adelaide agreed.

What frustrates me with him is he doesnt take enough time to find line and length. To do that you sometimes have to bowl slower for not just a couple of balls but for 2 or 3 overs. He doesn't give himself a chance to settle. If his line and length is off first over he just keeps trying to bowl fast over anything else.

He should be able to address this himself but after a few poor tests where's the guidance from captain and coaches?

He doesn't have a stock ball, every ball he's trying a wicket taking delivery.

If you think Ghana is racist, please go back to your country and pay your taxes there. Why did you leave your country then. Will you keep shouting Ghana is racist and if India beats Ghana in Football, will you dance on the streets, do derogatory name calling for Ghana on social media sites.
We can discuss on diversity but coming from an Indian where people are lynched or raped because of caste and religion, I am not sure you have any standing to discuss on diversity with me. All I said was if one has migrated and taken up a passport of that country better learn to respect it than abusing or criticizing it. I hope as an educated man you can understand this. If you cannot, I am sorry for you. Have a good day.

I don't think Ghana is racist. It is called an example.

This is like debating race relations with a used tampon.

if you like mate, I'll PM you a photo of my pasty, obese, unshaven disgusting central NSW rig and show you how indian I am.

Education doesn't have anything to do with it. No one is born with the right to be racist to anyone, wherever they are from, and wherever they live. Indian, Melanesian, Namibian, Bolivian. And it's not your right to tell someone whether they can or can't be offended by racism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Ghana is racist. It is called an example.

This is like debating race relations with a used tampon.

if you like mate, I'll PM you a photo of my pasty, obese, unshaven disgusting central NSW rig and show you how indian I am.

Education doesn't have anything to do with it. No one is born with the right to be racist to anyone, wherever they are from, and wherever they live. Indian, Melanesian, Namibian, Bolivian. And it's not your right to tell someone whether they can or can't be offended by racism.
For some reason you want to keep promoting that Indian behavior. There must be some good for you in it. Enjoy it. I certainly don’t have a right to force anyone but can discuss or request to avoid what seems to be an inappropriate behavior by Indians. As for the pic, I suggest you send it to yourself and admire it if you can.

For some reason you want to keep promoting that Indian behavior. There must be some good for you in it. Enjoy it. I certainly don’t have a right to force anyone but can discuss or request to avoid what seems to be an inappropriate behavior by Indians. As for the pic, I suggest you send it to yourself and admire it if you can.

Promoting what? Racism? No, I'm not. Indian racists, Australian racists, US racists. They're all the same. Trying to draw a conclusion that some are worse or better than others is just as stupid as racism itself.

Plenty of people including myself have embarrassed themselves in this forum before. I think you've made some new records today, though.

Not prevalent then? Either ways we can stop it for the larger benefit of peaceful co existence.
I think it's funny that you want a peaceful detente - 'let's agree to disagree' - when you've spent a few pages calling Indians poor winners and racist to boot. And I think what you're doing is more suggestive of a sore loser and someone a bit closeted.

So, if you feel peaceful co-existence is the way to go, I'm all for it.

I think it's funny that you want a peaceful detente - 'let's agree to disagree' - when you've spent a few pages calling Indians poor winners and racist to boot. And I think what you're doing is more suggestive of a sore loser and someone a bit closeted.

So, if you feel peaceful co-existence is the way to go, I'm all for it.
That is what you think based on what you have seen. Visit some Indian forums and read their reactions and then we can discuss if you feel like. You may be a good boy who can live with such abuses. I totally admire that trait. Peaceful co existence is to just be quiet on that topic which is exactly what I had mentioned Indians who migrate should do. Nevertheless this indeed is my last post on this particular topic. I had assumed it will be of concern on this forum. I was wrong .

How were they no.1 2 days ago?

Plodded along with some meh wins and all a few months after sandpapergate.

You're kidding if you dont think we can bounce back and fast

They weren't number 1 two days ago. They may have been in the World Test Championship. In test rankings they are not. They are ranked third and I'm pretty sure if England win in Sri Lanka (they're up 1-0) they will drop to fourth.

Bounce back fast? From what? Years of medicrity?

In reverse order, here is what Australia has done in recent years:

Lost 2-1 to India (Home)
Won 3-0 over NZ (Home)
Won 3-0 over Pakistan (Home)
Drawn 2-2 with England (Away)
Won 2-0 over Sri Lanka (Home)
Lost 2-1 to India (Home)
Lost 1-0 to Pakistan (Away)
Lost 3-1 to SA (Away)
Won 4-0 over England (Home)
Drew 1-1 with Bangladesh (Away)
Lost 2-1 to India (Away)
Won 3-0 over Pakistan (Home)
Lost 2-1 to South Africa (Home)
Lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka (Away)

Won: 5
Lost: 7
Drawn: 2

Away from home they are winless in that period.

Who's kidding?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back