4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

They weren't number 1 two days ago. They may have been in the World Test Championship. In test rankings they are not. They are ranked third and I'm pretty sure if England win in Sri Lanka (they're up 1-0) they will drop to fourth.

Bounce back fast? From what? Years of medicrity?

In reverse order, here is what Australia has done in recent years:

Lost 2-1 to India (Home)
Won 3-0 over NZ (Home)
Won 3-0 over Pakistan (Home)
Drawn 2-2 with England (Away)
Won 2-0 over Sri Lanka (Home)
Lost 2-1 to India (Home)
Lost 1-0 to Pakistan (Away)
Lost 3-1 to SA (Away)
Won 4-0 over England (Home)
Drew 1-1 with Bangladesh (Away)
Lost 2-1 to India (Away)
Lost 2-1 to South Africa (Home)
Lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka (Away)

Won: 5
Lost: 7
Drawn: 2

Away from home they are winless in that period.

Who's kidding?

Shame you can have probably the best bat and bowler in that period yet produce results like that do to carrying way too many passengers.

calling short ball stuff unprofessional

What a load of crap that article

Too many sensitive sooks in the media waiting for their chance to point the finger of shame

Short ball is part of the game, overuse is just poor cricket that led to our quicks tiring and losing the plot against a mentally stronger opponent

simply outplayed by a tougher opponent, made to pay for our poor batting performances with bowlers having to bail out the team one time too many

Too many sensitive sooks in the media waiting for their chance to point the finger of shame

Short ball is part of the game, overuse is just poor cricket that led to our quicks tiring and losing the plot against a mentally stronger opponent

simply outplayed by a tougher opponent, made to pay for our poor batting performances with bowlers having to bail out the team one time too many
It’s just that everyone wants to point fingers at Australia somehow. But he does mention a rule there

Getting India all out for 36 was probably the worst thing the Aussies could have done. It brought Pant into the side. Fair to say his runs were far more crucial than his keeping, even if his keeping was a bit shoddy.

I was baffled that he wasn't there in the first place even allowing for his keeping.

I loved the short ball assault. Loved it. Loved that Pujara didn't really know how to deal with it without playing shots. His stonewall reputation probably stops people remembering this but he does actually pull and cut quite well so with his defence first mindset he was doing everything he could to avoid playing those shots and he had to wear a lot for his trouble - 12 I'm told. It was fantastic cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barmy Army twitter handle has Tim Paine inviting Ashwin to Gabba . World over players and fans are taking this Indian win to rub it into Australia.

one thing i have learnt as a fan of Indian team is to not give a fleeting f abt what other team fans say about India. If folks use this to rub it in know that they are grabbing at everything to get at you.

They weren't number 1 two days ago. They may have been in the World Test Championship. In test rankings they are not. They are ranked third and I'm pretty sure if England win in Sri Lanka (they're up 1-0) they will drop to fourth.

Bounce back fast? From what? Years of medicrity?

In reverse order, here is what Australia has done in recent years:

Lost 2-1 to India (Home)
Won 3-0 over NZ (Home)
Drawn 2-2 with England (Away)
Won 2-0 over Sri Lanka (Home)
Lost 2-1 to India (Home)
Lost 1-0 to Pakistan (Away)
Lost 3-1 to SA (Away)
Won 4-0 over England (Home)
Drew 1-1 with Bangladesh (Away)
Lost 2-1 to India (Away)
Lost 2-1 to South Africa (Home)
Lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka (Away)

Won: 5
Lost: 7
Drawn: 2

Away from home they are winless in that period.

Who's kidding?

Invite pakistan for a quick home series.

That is what you think based on what you have seen. Visit some Indian forums and read their reactions and then we can discuss if you feel like. You may be a good boy who can live with such abuses. I totally admire that trait. Peaceful co existence is to just be quiet on that topic which is exactly what I had mentioned Indians who migrate should do. Nevertheless this indeed is my last post on this particular topic. I had assumed it will be of concern on this forum. I was wrong .
I think coming here and telling me what the Indians are saying is spurious and suspect, and the fact that you're looking to be outraged a mite sad.

As for peaceful co-existence, you're an idiot.

Yeah, I do see a lot of people being quite cynical and saying Warner is just pandering to get IPL money, but I really do think he has been humbled and seems to be genuinely appreciative of India and invested in building bonds with his IPL fanbase. He's already rich so I don't think it is just a business call.
IPL Warner is a completely different bloke to Aussie Warner.

No one can say 'well everyone seems to think it so it must be right' but it does seem to be a growing concensus so its not co-incidence or anything. By contrast I would actually say that Warner seems a little bit more humble than he was.
Lyon over the last few years has gotten a massive ego imo, He has been drinking his own bathwater

If we are still discussing racism and abuse, try adding it in the context of migrations. That adds a different dimension than just only racism.

Because the IPL doesn't co-incide with our Test or ODI home season. The BBL happens just before the IPL season. Add to that that India's players make enough to not need to play BBL and it's not exactly appealing.
It’s actually because the BCCI don’t let there players play overseas T20 leagues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back