4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely awful journalism. Literally a month ago, Alzarri Joseph, admittedly a better batsman than some of the Indians but still a tailender, was greeted by a short ball barrage from Wagner. The fact that he belted him out of the ground a couple of times is literally all that separates that spell from what this idiot writer is talking about. The fact that he's mentioned Jadeja's broken thumb as proof of how big and mean the Australians are is just a joke. The guy has a Test hundred, is a legit Test standard all-rounder and has three first class triple hundreds. I sent him a scathing email for shits and giggles

I think the folks from the State of New Zealand want their independence from mainland Australia, that's all.

Last edited:
How do India pick their 11 after this awesome series? WOW India have a ton of good problems now.

If India can win in England, SA, NZ consistently they are going to dominate world cricket for a long time.

They can make three Test teams with the amount of depht they have,

How do India pick their 11 after this awesome series? WOW India have a ton of good problems now.

If India can win in England, SA, NZ consistently they are going to dominate world cricket for a long time.

They can make three Test teams with the amount of depht they have,

Hard to work out what a best 11 looks like at the moment.

Gill
Sharma/Agarwal
Pujara
Rahane
Kohli
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Sharma
Shami
Bumrah

Kumar. Yadab and Siraj immediate back-up to the pace attack
Sundar back up to the all-rounders
Kuldeep back up spinner

Vihari, Shaw, either of Agarwal/Sharma as back-up batsmen
It's a fair line-up. If Pant can just keep to an adequate level it gives them so much more flexibility.

Hard to work out what a best 11 looks like at the moment.

Gill
Sharma/Agarwal
Pujara
Rahane
Kohli
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Sharma
Shami
Bumrah

Kumar. Yadab and Siraj immediate back-up to the pace attack
Sundar back up to the all-rounders
Kuldeep back up spinner

Vihari, Shaw, either of Agarwal/Sharma as back-up batsmen
It's a fair line-up. If Pant can just keep to an adequate level it gives them so much more flexibility.

India need to win in England, NZ and SA consistently to be rated.

They have got our measure, I must admit after the 2018/19 series win in Australia, I was saying it was because we didn't have our top 2 batsmen.

But now I can gladly say they are a very good team, especially with everything they have had to go through.

They have got our measure, I must admit after the 2018/19 series win in Australia, I was saying it was because we didn't have our top 2 batsmen.

But now I can gladly say they are a very good team, especially with everything they have had to go through.

Have to agree. Although I'd like to see us make use of every advantage at home by creating some wickets that do a lot more. Sydney and Brisbane pitches were pretty docile, I doubt you see England and South Africa produce pitches such as that.

Mark Reason: Australia's cricket loses honour in shameful short bowling assault on India

The baggy green cap lies soiled and dishonoured on the bloody soil of the ‘Gabbatoir’.

In their desperation for victory against India, the hosts have routinely assaulted and abused their visitors and pretended that it was all in the name of cricket. Even during the squalid cheating scandal of 2018, Australia never fell as low as they have during this four test series against these gritty Indians.

Ball after short ball have been bowled at India’s lower order batsmen. Bones were cracked and men like Mohammed Shami and Ravindra Jadeja were forced to retire hurt from the series, one with a shattered elbow, the other with a mangled hand. And yet still the onslaught continued.

There was nothing accidental about it. It was a planned assault. In the lead-up to the series Tim Paine, the grubby Australian captain, the man who was supposedly brought in to restore honour, said; “It is a tactic we use pretty consistently, particularly to the lower order. Playing the short ball at that pace is uncomfortable.”

Who is this guy? Does he know test cricket is called "Test" beccause it's a examation of your courage, skill etc?

And didn't Wagner do the same thing aginst us? And we never complained. Why is this Kiwi having a sook?
This guy makes Piers Morgan look like a calm unbiased reporter.....

You're a weird cat basking in the glory of your home country's defeat. Whatever floats ya boat.

You're weirder for thinking that making some fairly measured and neutral observations is 'basking in the glory.'

Noticing 9 missing Test players from a team, and making the point that having won on a bowler friendly WACA and a test at the Gabba in the last 12 years would mean India probably aren't terrified of any venue, doesn't equate to basking in defeated glory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has ever done that consistently.
Australia has won once in India in 50 years. They never did it consistently. West Indies from memory never beat Pakistan full stop between 80-95 (never lost to them either). Having one or two places you struggle to win all the time doesn't stop you being a super team. Yes they will need to win at least a couple of series' in those countries but they don't have to be unbeatable there.
During their 95-2008 peak Australia lost in India three times (once was a one-off test), Sri Lanka once, England once, drew in the West Indies - they still had their moments despite their undisputed dominance. India doesn't have to start winning every series everywhere.

Last edited:
my point was that we dont win in england or sa ourselves

Fair enough, but if India can start winning in those places, they are going to dominate world cricket for a long, long time.

They already have the richest board in the world, the population to pick from etc, etc.

Fair enough, but if India can start winning in those places, they are going to dominate world cricket for a long, long time.
They already have the richest board in the world, the population to pick from etc, etc.
And they are mostly cricket fanatics. Players treated like rockstars.
If only we could get it happening in West Indies again ..(sighs).
Would love to see if Stark and co would get into a bouncer war with the likes of Holding, Roberts, Ambrose, Patterson.

Basically a rag tag army of Indians took down a Aussie fortress, the more I think about it this has to be the greatest cricketing series win in history.

Bollywood is going to make a movie out of this, it has all the ingredents of a Bollywood movie.

Basically a rag tag army of Indians took down a Aussie fortress, the more I think about it this has to be the greatest cricketing series win in history.

Bollywood is going to make a movie out of this, it has all the ingredents of a Bollywood movie.
and it will be focused on the bloke who went there just as a net bowler, who then ended up (i think) being on the field when the winning runs were hit.

about as close as real life is ever going to get to the 'getting pulled from the stands to play for your team and winning the game' fantasy

and it will be focused on the bloke who went there just as a net bowler, who then ended up (i think) being on the field when the winning runs were hit.

about as close as real life is ever going to get to the 'getting pulled from the stands to play for your team and winning the game' fantasy

I think you should write the script, you will make millions, even squillions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back