Player Watch #6 Robbie Tarrant - Retiring effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps after next week...
I dont get the criticisms of Tarrants game. He kept the reigning coleman medallist to 1 goal and 1 mark inside 50 and 3 score involvements in a game where their midfield dominated and they dominated inside 50s.You take that every single day of the week.

He did exactly what he was recuited to do and that was a like for like replacement for Dave. Plus he should only get better once he settles and gels with his team mates.

I dont get the criticisms of Tarrants game. He kept the reigning coleman medallist to 1 goal and 1 mark inside 50 and 3 score involvements in a game where their midfield dominated and they dominated inside 50s.You take that every single day of the week.

He did exactly what he was recuited to do and that was a like for like replacement for Dave. Plus he should only get better once he settles and gels with his team mates.

Yep, I thought his game was exactly in line with expectations and he was in the young cubs' ears all night mentoring.

He was alright, not perfect but alright.

Tarrant was not the reason we lost

He will get better probably as works into a new group

It is a concern that he fumbles a bit which i noted cost us goals in the AAMI series and on Thursday he handballed over his head back into the corridor that cost us a goal.

It is a concern that he fumbles a bit which i noted cost us goals in the AAMI series and on Thursday he handballed over his head back into the corridor that cost us a goal.
Not really just comes with the territory of playing as that big full back
Do 98 things right but because he’s the last line of defence those 2 little things seem massive when overall it was a very solid game especially his first game for a new club when he’s still learning how his team mates play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been super impressed with him across both games, he may not be super flashy or an up and coming player but he’s just slotted straight into Astbury’s role with ease.

When we’ve had a backline with Vlastuin/Grimes both having injuries and Miller/Gibcus playing key roles despite only playing two games each. We seriously cannot ignore the importance that bringing in Tarrant has been.

Wouldn't call Astbury 'flashy' by any stretch of the imagination either.

Has everyone forgot that is who he has replaced? ;)

Loved the way he positioned himself as the last man in every pack, got the decisive fist in and let nothing over the back.

Quality get and he may have 2-3 seasons in him yet, while CCJ plays reserves for a side who can barely beat a suburban WAFL outfit.

Tall players across first two rounds:

Rd 1 v Blues

Inside 50’s Carlton 64 v Richmond 40.

Tigers
Nankervis, Soldo, Balta, Lynch, Riewoldt 5 goals 3 behinds + 1 goal assist.

Blues
Pitonet, Dekoning, Curnow, McKay, Silvagni 2 goals 8 behinds + 0 goal assists.

Rd 2 v GWS

Inside 50’s GWS 55 v Richmond 53

Tigers
Nankervis, Soldo, Lynch, Balta 10 goals, 4 behinds + 2 goal assists.

GWS
Flynn, Riccardi, Himmelberg, Hogan, Brander 3 goals, 4 behinds + 4 goal assists.

So the total across the two games is Richmond 15 goals, 7 behinds and 3 goal assists v opposition talls 5 goals 12 behinds and 4 goal assists.

2022 season Inside 50’s Richmond 93 v opposition 119.

You could only say our defensive talls look to be doing a great job overall. So far. 😁

Been awesome first 2 games, gets beaten on the odd lead but simply wont get beaten in body to body contests or in packs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back