Player Watch #6 Robbie Tarrant - Retiring effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing flashy especially compared to what we are used (Rance, Grimes, Balta) but always manages to get a fist in. Not many forwards out there who will get the better of him.
dave astbury type game, solid with a capital S, dave would've taken more timely marks as a rule. but taz will get there with more tiger games under his belt.... looking good with grimes and vloss to slot beside him in coming weeks.

He torched Arseberry last year, couldn't go with him.
nope, incorrect...hoges touched up broad. this from an extract from a reliable article
'The Giants controlled the game in the first half through their superiority in the middle, where Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto were well on top.

Bargain-basement recruit Jesse Hogan hit a purple patch in the second quarter, bagging four goals, though was less effective after half-time when David Astbury replaced an undersized Nathan Broad.

nope, incorrect...hoges touched up broad. this from an extract from a reliable article
'The Giants controlled the game in the first half through their superiority in the middle, where Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto were well on top.

Bargain-basement recruit Jesse Hogan hit a purple patch in the second quarter, bagging four goals, though was less effective after half-time when David Astbury replaced an undersized Nathan Broad.
Tim Watson?

My recollection was him getting smacked on the lead a number of times. Could have been Broad's fault being nowhere near him and Astbury being left as nearest man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My recollection was him getting smacked on the lead a number of times. Could have been Broad's fault being nowhere near him and Astbury being left as nearest man
i remember the game pretty well and from memory hogan was unstoppable monstered broad who went the scrag, was too quik for dave and grimes didnt play or didnt stop him either...hogan done the bulk of his damage in 2nd Q this link sums it up, dusty dragged us over the line.

Liked him a lot today. Echoing others, he isn't as spectacular as our recent KPDs in that he doesn't fly in and take intercept after intercept, but he competes hard, does the basics well, and is dependable for a job.
He’ll also help ease Gibbo into it by shouldering the heavy work until the lad fills out

also gives the selector more flexibility with balta.
Yep, the only occasional risk I think will be is when a team has two gorilla forwards, e.g. the Saints this week if they play King and Marshall forward?
Or the Cats with Hawkins and Cameron, then we might need the second gorilla defender to go back like Balta for those times.

Grimes could be a touch undersized for those and I like him better when he has the freedom to roam rather than man up on someone he's giving away 5cm and 8kg to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back