Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Had some dodgy disposal by foot.

Also would wait to tackle on occasion rather than contest. Not to say he took short steps, more would allow himself to be seconds late to the contest and force the stoppage rather than a turn over.

On Bailey Scott he's not immaculate by foot. His decision making not always on point.

But.....

Keeps his feet and stays in the contest even against bigger stronger and multiple opponents.

He's a kid and has development to come.

By the time he's 25 he'll have size enough that staying in the contest will result in clear possession for us. Given his propensity for getting forward that possession will likely translate to goals.

He's also pretty clutch.
Nailed the flaws

Don’t rate him with ball in hand
Unless going for goal

Reminds me of Gibson and not in a good way
He has made some really really clever and smart kicks into f50.
Also, having a player who will also provide he outside option in a team like ours is so important.
He may not be a top 10 player in the afl but teams need players like bailey, and bailey will be one of the best of them.

Was watching him early when matched up on Bailey Smith. He's very one paced, Snith burnt him off on several occasions.

It looks as though tZ has lucked in to 1 out of his 3728 calls with a 20 game player currently playing in a hideously lopsided team.

Soak up the glory, you genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and that was supposed to be his main strength the running but even that isn’t that great

Don’t confuse speed and aerobic capacity. He was always meant to have aerobic capacity and he has shown that, but like our recruiters, he has only one pace. In a more dynamic side he could be quite impressive, but when you need to be the dynamic player, he comes up short against players like Bailey who are actually dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t confuse speed and aerobic capacity. He was always meant to have aerobic capacity and he has shown that, but like our recruiters, he has only one pace. In a more dynamic side he could be quite impressive, but when you need to be the dynamic player, he comes up short against players like Bailey who are actually dynamic.

We do love drafting slow one paced undersized players
Like many in the year 2-5 year on list players I expected Bailey to be more progressed than he is
LDU and TT the same
Development at Arden street is woeful

We do love drafting slow one paced undersized players
Like many in the year 2-5 year on list players I expected Bailey to be more progressed than he is
LDU and TT the same
Development at Arden street is woeful

I'm beginning to come around to this idea.

That’s a good point and again very Sam Gibson like in the one paced department

In defence of Bailey, he and Mahony are two players that are not being played to their strengths. They're both see ball get ball players and yet they're being played on the outside of the contest and outside the corridor. Regardless, Bailey will be a serious footballer.

Last edited:
Hit the gym and work on his skills in the vfl

turnover merchant takes no care with ball in hand
He’s been good today mate. Nothin you can say that can divert from the fact.

edit: second half he appeared timid with the ball in dispute. I watched him live and believed he was decent in the first half and quite poor in the second. Well, it would be hard to give any player an accolade for a second half performance today.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back