Pendelbury
Mitchell
Cripps
T Kelly
King brothers
Gaff

Can't be bothered going on

Dustin Martin is probably the only one.

I gently remind you that having watched Joe from a very young age that he would have been the best player in the competition if fit. He would be better than every player from your list.

The fact you’ve even attempted to try sway me with names like Higgins (Shaun?), Riewoldt (Jack?), Natanui shows you completely miss my point, by some margin too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think you are contributing, everyone else is a troll.

In other words, everything you say is right and everyone else is wrong.

Don’t put words in my mouth, I did not say that.

Calling out the bullshit some people post as fact is contributing, it’s correcting wrongs to rights so ye. It is a valid contribution.

You want me to name players in the competition who are better than Daniher? Based on record and performance?

Of course players will
Have a better record. They are on the park. Very few players can do the things Joe can do ‘when fit’.

Dustin Martin is probably the only one.

I gently remind you that having watched Joe from a very young age that he would have been the best player in the competition if fit. He would be better than every player from your list.

The fact you’ve even attempted to try sway me with names like Higgins (Shaun?), Riewoldt (Jack?), Natanui shows you completely miss my point, by some margin too

But you are basing your opinion on what might have been v actual performance

Don’t put words in my mouth, I did not say that.

Calling out the bullshit some people post as fact is contributing, it’s correcting wrongs to rights so ye. It is a valid contribution.

See here you go, saying things you say are facts, most are not facts at all, they are opinions, just like you are arguing now about Danihar.
I seen you do the same in the under 26 thread, you get upset about anyone saying anything negative about Essendon.

If you have misinterpreted my comments then apologies but I have maintained right throughout that Joe is a generational talent.

Obviously.

If that's the qualifier then Charlie Curnow is the most amazing player in the history of the game because I watched him do something once when he was 18 that nobody had done before or since.

I made the call that Joe isn't in the top two left-footed tall forwards to wear an Essendon jumper of the 2000's.

That call is correct. The generational one is just utter s**t.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

See here you go, saying things you say are facts, most are not facts at all, they are opinions, just like you are arguing now about Danihar.
I seen you do the same in the under 26 thread, you get upset about anyone saying anything negative about Essendon.

Not upset at all.

My observation of Joe being a generational talent stems from him being one of the youngest key position forward to make the All Australian team ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not upset at all.

My observation of Joe being a generational talent stems from him being one of the youngest key position forward to make the All Australian team ever.

Lance Whitnall was an All Australian at a younger age and kicked more goals during that season.

Much better player than your generational hero.

Facts, facts, facts.

But at some point his actual record has to come into consideration otherwise it's just fantasy

Oh absolutely, once his career is wrapping up many pundits and social commentators will load the rifles to shoot him down. That is the nature of the beast.

Talented? Yes
Unfulfilled? Absolutely

Oh absolutely, once his career is wrapping up many pundits and social commentators will load the rifles to shoot him down. That is the nature of the beast.

Talented? Yes
Unfulfilled? Absolutely

Not shoot him down but acknowledge injuries prevented him from showing his best granted.
The stretch is to say he is/could of been comps best player.

This all comes down to interpretation and from what I have witnessed and seen, very few players can do most of what Joe can do.

Perhaps your vision is slightly impaired by a little bit of black with a red sash?

Yes when he was firing he was "one" of the most exciting and better players in the league but the term generational is reserved for the cream of the crop.

Dusty.
Buddy.
GAJ.
Judd.
Carey.
Voss.
Hird.
Bucks.
Ablett Sr.
Dunstall.

These guys will be talked about for decades after they've finished. Joe won't be even with a better run injury.

Perhaps your vision is slightly impaired by a little bit of black with a red sash?

Yes when he was firing he was "one" of the most exciting and better players in the league but the term generational is reserved for the cream of the crop.

Dusty.
Buddy.
GAJ.
Judd.
Carey.
Voss.
Hird.
Bucks.
Ablett Sr.
Dunstall.

These guys will be talked about for decades after they've finished. Joe won't be even with a better run injury.

As I mentioned, Dusty comes close, Buddy through shear weight of numbers too.

My Essendon glasses are on, sure, but they don’t get in the way of making a call.

You know what, hardly one person agrees that Danihar is a generation talent, so maybe, just maybe it's you who is the troll, yeah?

I’m comfortable with what I’ve heard from clubland. Includes multiple recruiters.

It’s ok, token supporters from opposition clubs not agreeing with my statement means very little to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back