Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker shat all over the dons tonight and the lack of response says it all.
This club is badly broken …
Could have been worse.
f159f7bc2858deff993cccbc76a256796c87d1b5

Was a point that no matter what happens, anything and everything is Dodoro's fault according to the same Carlton posters who race each other to pot Essendon at any chance they get.
Go outside for a walk or something. It is just footy.

Yep, the footy media continue to blow smoke up Essendon's rear end year after year. The club gobbles it up, the fans gobble it up.Yet every season, come the colder months, reality sets in. At least until the next trade season that Adrian will undoubtedly win.

Long may it continue!
It is ex players and coaches who say it. I don't think the volume that did, would all be just saying it for the hell of it.

Heppell during on the couch said there was a huge number of other players who help him lead at the club, but didn't name even one despite being asked.

It's a genuinely fair question. Who are the senior blokes helping Hepp? Merrett and Parish are guns but would they fly the flag for Hepp/Shiel if it cost them a disposal?

Heppell during on the couch said there was a huge number of other players who help him lead at the club, but didn't name even one despite being asked.

It's a genuinely fair question. Who are the senior blokes helping Hepp? Merrett and Parish are guns but would they fly the flag for Hepp/Shiel if it cost them a disposal?

He proably didnt want to throw some of his senior leaders under the bus.

I think it shouldn't have been Hep doing the interview should have been Rutten coping the heat

They have a few good youngsters but their senior players offer little hardness or leadership. Draper might develop it and his effort is admirable. Perkins, despite missing his mum, had a crack and I enjoyed watching Hobbs' effort.

Like the Bloods they are rebuilding. IMV, at least one of Parish, Merrett or McGrath should be moved on for picks/trades. They really need hard nosed players.

I would move McGrath. Parish and Merrett are A grade mids - especially Merrett. Two players I’d be inclined to move on would be McGrath and Francis. Both have value, and neither are suited to a side deficient of true leadership. If Essendon could get a second rounder for each of these guys, it would help packaging both up for a mid to late first, which Essendon could then flip for an established leader that desperately fills a need. Essendon desperately need Taranto or Greene. They have no inside mids, and no leaders. At this point. They need to look for players who exhibit both attributes. A lot of outside players, and a lot of polish. But no zero grit and toughness. It hurts then when their class on the outside has limited opportunities due to having no grunt work on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

According to Hepp, he wouldn’t expect them too … 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its funny how just about every credentialed expert says we have a pretty good list.
Yep, the footy media continue to blow smoke up Essendon's rear end year after year. The club gobbles it up, the fans gobble it up.Yet every season, come the colder months, reality sets in. At least until the next trade season that Adrian will undoubtedly win.

Long may it continue!
The same 'experts' have Essendon a top 4 team in February, every year. The same experts have Essendon winning the draft every year and sing the praises of Dodoro, the great recruiting genius and trade whisperer.

Do they make these statements to get clicks and sell rags to Kool-Aid chuggers, or because they know absolutely nothing about football?
The cynic in me says both.

I can't think of any other club where Dodoro would survive. Essendon seem to have this weird culture, its genesis in the Sheedy years, where certain individuals achieve cult status and become much bigger than the club itself, and are allowed to cause great damage and destruction at the club, to the rapturous applause of it's own supporters.

Omg Scott Morrison is Australia's prime minister. Adrian Dodoro's fault
I know right?
Everyone's blaming Dodoro for Essendon's list when he's been responsible for it for only 20 years. Next they'll be blaming him for global warming and the Russian invasion of the Ukraine.

Never change Essendon supporters. Sign him up for another 40 years. Make him president, CEO and coach while you're at it :thumbsu:

I would move McGrath. Parish and Merrett are A grade mids - especially Merrett. Two players I’d be inclined to move on would be McGrath and Francis. Both have value, and neither are suited to a side deficient of true leadership. If Essendon could get a second rounder for each of these guys, it would help packaging both up for a mid to late first, which Essendon could then flip for an established leader that desperately fills a need. Essendon desperately need Taranto or Greene. They have no inside mids, and no leaders. At this point. They need to look for players who exhibit both attributes. A lot of outside players, and a lot of polish. But no zero grit and toughness. It hurts then when their class on the outside has limited opportunities due to having no grunt work on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
if we swallowed our pride that he was a pick 1, he's a really good option off HBF or pushing back from a wing.
Has sound defensive qualities, good turn of pace and strong running. and out of the congestion his kicking is less an issue (it's normally ok, but he panics in the midfield/fwd line)

I like Taranto, but he'll come at a cost. We need to change the mindset from trying to get these guys from other teams and recruiting and developing them ourselves.
Could be a blessing that Hobbs was at our pick last year. One of those too good to pass on types, but I wonder who we would have picked if he wasn't there.

easy, a combination of things.

Injuries, regression, list management decisions that haven't been filled.

Melbourne played in a prelim final in 2017 then missed the 8 completely.. It happens.

I was vocal in saying that if everything went well, we could be a top 4 side, we were constantly one of the youngest sides in the comp in the back end of 2021 so with natural progression predicted, why wouldn't it be tempting to say we couldn't snag a further 4 wins ?

Obviously a lot has gone wrong on field whilst off field is as much of a worry and hopefully the media can start to zone in on Brasher, XC as well as your favourite man's position at the club.

This seems to be a real backtrack from your preseason views.

Yes, I agree that injuries play a massive role, but you were vocal that you had better 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier players when comparing our 2 sides and it's not as if we don't have injuries to important players. You can't now state poor list management decisions, based on your preseason predictions

This seems to be a real backtrack from your preseason views.

Yes, I agree that injuries play a massive role, but you were vocal that you had better 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier players when comparing our 2 sides and it's not as if we don't have injuries to important players. You can't now state poor list management decisions, based on your preseason predictions
On the injury front, the issue is two-fold
1 - we don't have depth. We can name a good 22 when they're all fit. it drops away quick with a couple of injuries.
2 - those injuries are coming to key players in one part of the ground. None more so than Stringer imo. 5/6 of our 1st choice forward line is gone (Stringer, Langford, Jones, Tippa, Snelling). Combined they averaged 6-7 goals a game for us last year. Add Hooker and that jumps to 9.

There's a bit on our midfield (and it's a fair whack) for playing sideways football, but the forward line that served us well last year isn't out there.

There are other issues afoot, but the injury excuse is a valid one when it's all in one part of the ground.

On the injury front, the issue is two-fold
1 - we don't have depth. We can name a good 22 when they're all fit. it drops away quick with a couple of injuries.
2 - those injuries are coming to key players in one part of the ground. None more so than Stringer imo. 5/6 of our 1st choice forward line is gone (Stringer, Langford, Jones, Tippa, Snelling). Combined they averaged 6-7 goals a game for us last year. Add Hooker and that jumps to 9.

There's a bit on our midfield (and it's a fair whack) for playing sideways football, but the forward line that served us well last year isn't out there.

There are other issues afoot, but the injury excuse is a valid one when it's all in one part of the ground.

I agree and i have stated that injuries are probably the number 1 factor to team output, but other sides with similar outs aren't 2-7

You can't include Hooker, he retired, that's a list management decision

I agree and i have stated that injuries are probably the number 1 factor to team output, but other sides with similar outs aren't 2-7

You can't include Hooker, he retired, that's a list management decision
agree on Hooker. Long criticised the forward planning of our list team.
Left key forwards and KPD stocks neglected whilst we had Daniher, Hooker and Hurley. Daniher leaving caught them out as we were already short a KPF and were shoe-horning our FB into the position (something we're doing with Francis now)

Just something to take stock of. We've lost 9 goals a game. 7 if you discount Hooker (lol, discount hooker)
For a team that won through scoring, it's no surprise we're losing now.

Not sure if there's another team (maybe West Coast) that are down 5/6 if their 1st choice line (be it fwd, def or midfield)

Perkins
Hobbs
Cox
Reid
Ridley
Martin
Jones
Bryan
Draper

But yeah we have no talent. It’s not a complete bust the list like majority claim we just need to add more
Perkins - Meh
Hobbs - To early
Cox - Had 2/3 good games last year but very little else media hype more then output
Reid - played 3 games
Ridley - Great play big tick
Martin - Good first year player but uncontested wing/half forwad
Jones - Can't kick see Cox
Bryan - Played a couple of meh games
Draper - See Cox & Jones

None of them are remotely tracking to be elite except for Ridley the rest are all more of what you have very solid role players

Perkins - Meh
Hobbs - To early
Cox - Had 2/3 good games last year but very little else media hype more then output
Reid - played 3 games
Draper - See Cox & Jones

None of them are remotely tracking to be elite except for Ridley the rest are all more of what you have very solid role players

I too can pick a list mostly made up of players in their first and second seasons and claim they're no good.

Doesn't mean much though.

Perkins - Meh
Hobbs - To early
Reid - played 3 games
Draper - See Cox & Jones

Jones can't kick?
has 78% DE & 20 goal 6 Behind record in 2021

Issue with him is injury. Perfectly fine when he's on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back