AFL 2017 Second Semi Final, Geelong Cats v Sydney Swans 19:50 AEST : Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

The Swans are already hiding in their dressing rooms looking for shelter....they are stuffed!
lol will be over 40
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Geelong have a horrible forward line and the Swans rely on pushing numbers back and then springing out of defence. It's the perfect game style against the cats.

The cats are walking wounded, they're no chance whatsoever.

The wet just might make it close. It'll be a pretty horrid affair, the swans will be all over them and probably have the cue in the rack by 3/4 time.

Having Menzel out against the tigers but back in the wet against the swans is just ridiculous. How Parsons wasn't dropped after last week too, is beyond me, he's on one leg like Selwood, but not even a quarter of the impact. I don't know who else is on the Geelong match committee, but they must be from another planet.

If you think Menzel would have had any impact whatsoever in a game like last Friday's you're from the same planet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phew, I was getting a bit nervous but the messiah has spoken. On to next week.

You mob reckon cockatoo will get up for Adelaide? Also, we can focus on shutting laird down now without Brodie smith playing. Should be a good game.

normally the Swans easily, however, this is a legit wet track and as others have said its the sling shot transition ball
that's their big strength... that's going to be far harder in these conditions.

Also don't like their lead in of training run Blues, bye, training run Bombers.... they murdered the Saints both
times before playing an injury riddled Hawthorn twice and looked horrible

I think the Cats have actually got them at the right time and in the right conditions..... don't know if they are
good enough to get the job done but think this game is alive well into the last qrt.

Geelong need to be elite with their ball use transitioning from defence to attack. Kicking was so poor in the QF, Motlop was a serious offender. If they aren't quick and precise hitting up Hawkins and Menzel, Rampe and Grundy will have a field day

While it doesn't change my opinion on the fact that we will probably lose tonight, I think it is very much overlooked that for 3 quarters we were neck and neck with a very good side last week.

The way it ended up looked horrible, no doubt, but we didn't actually 'not turn up' as we've been guilty of in the past.

Shame the game was not at Etihad. Also the Swans have historically been awful in the wet. Not sure about this year as it has been quite a dry season for the Swans but 2015 and earlier we would lose almost every time it rained.

Cmon Cats it's bloody do or die let's not continue our miserable recent finals record and try get a win for the ages!

How Parsons wasn't dropped after last week too, is beyond me, he's on one leg like Selwood, but not even a quarter of the impact. I don't know who else is on the Geelong match committee, but they must be from another planet.

Who should we have replaced Parsons with?

The injured Nakia Cockatoo, the injured Lincoln McCarthy, the injured Cory Gregson... or perhaps play Cam Guthrie up forward? Oh, wait, he's injured too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back