Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - Richmond v Collingwood, MCG, Fri Sept 21st, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moral of the story is your clubs post WW2 on field history has a very ordinary premiership record that doesn't fit in with you clubs mantra of the biggest club in the land.
Ok got it...pre-end of WW2 doesnt matter & post-WW2 matters. What about post-Pacman?

Fair bit of talk that Collingwood are a much better side than last we played, with obvious good in's Treloar/Goldsack etc.
But Richmond are far stronger with Houli, Graham and Conca over Leon Baker, Jacob Townsend and Brandon Ellis.

Fair bit of talk that Collingwood are a much better side than last we played, with obvious good in's Treloar/Goldsack etc.
But Richmond are far stronger with Houli, Graham and Conca over Leon Baker, Jacob Townsend and Brandon Ellis.
Pretty even ins and outs you've listed there, hard to believe you'd consider that far stronger...

Fg
The correct quote is "hope SPRINGS eternal"
Thanks for the lesson - depends upon which school you went to me - ABBOTSFORD what term covers your potential loss for tomorrow? Could it be THREE moral victories in a row?

Hahahaha!!

Pretty even ins and outs you've listed there, hard to believe you'd consider that far stronger...
Leon Baker playing his first or second game. Townsend played his first game since early in the season (forget last year, barely touched it this season) and Ellis, yes somewhat unlucky to be dropped.
Houli is a massive player for us and gives us so much drive, Conca and Graham are the hard nuts who lead our tackling and pressure acts. No stars granted but they are good roll players. Graham kicked 3 goals and kept Sloane to 6 touches in the last half in the GF, and kicked 3 in the first Q against the Dogs just two weeks ago.

What a ******* match up. I love a big prelim in Melbourne. Can't beat a Friday night speccy at the G. Getting the feel Richmond might win by under a kick in a similar way the Pies edged Hawks in that 2011 encounter. Saints-Dogs in 2009 another nail biter. I hope it's tight, tough and low scoring like that one. It's funny because for a while I envisioned Richmond spanking anyone they met in the Prelim, even the Pies for the first few days after it was confirmed. So often the case your first thought it usually the correct one. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway loving the build up, passion and excitement from both sets of fans and the football world and we have two cracking prelim's to look forward too. ******* great time of year.

BAAAAANNNNGGG!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeGoey didn’t even get a mention!
De Goey has been mentioned heaps, sorry if I didn't list him again. Was talking about Richmond, well recognised that you have a stronger side.
Actually think this will be a very even game, Collingwood and West Coast are the sides that troubled us the most this year I think.

Odds mean everything, m8. Money talks. Its the one indicator we have that will never be biased because people dont mess around with money.
Oh I see so the odds mean nothing but what the media says does?? Who gives a s**t what the media says? Stop listening to all that bullshit.

Odds are right there mate, Bulldogs had 2 wins that were bigger upsets than if Collingwood win tomorrow. And nothing the media or you say can change that.
Youre in the prelim. m8. If Pies didnt think they could win the flag from here than you would have some serious issues. lmao.

You really are obsessed with the media arent you? Do you actually want footy? You base upsets on how much the media is talking up a team, not how well each team is playing.
Youre not excited about winning the game and making a grand final, youre excited about what the media says about Richmond if they lose? Wow thats sad.

So really what does it mean? That more people expect the Tigers to win? Of course they do and rightfully so. Does it mean the Pies have no hope at all? No it doesn’t. Favourites get rolled all the time.

I don’t know if anyone really cares what the odds suggest because it has no influence on the result at all.

One kicked 3 goals in a gf and the other was just about the bog gf day and both premiership players,but all we hear we had injuries and a few outs.

Anyone know if you can get a ticket out of the line at the Mcc? I think I remember last year there was a portion of the line closer to the actual doors that was closed off once full and you could get a ticket out of that area and come back?

Tigers too short for mine, $1.33 last i looked, i reckon $1.60 is closer to the mark in my humble opinion, Pies should be around $2.30ish.

Tiges by under 40 might be the way to go.
No way. Regardless of the outcome, PRE-GAME $1.60 is huge odds and way over priced for the following.

Richmond are the reigning premiers.
They've beaten Collingwood handily in the END in two meetings this season.
The Tigers have also won 4 of the last 5 games against Collingwood
Massive winning streak at the MCG
Have had the week off and are fully rested
Haven't been beaten for a while
Dusty
Great form against the Hawks and would have won by more if they didn't take their foot off the gas
Pies have already been beaten in the finals and travelled to Perth in week 1
Richmond are better. They're the best team in the comp and have been for some time.

Could they lose. Sure can. Anyone can be beaten. But the above reasons are why Richmond are priced the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back