AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't Cordy originally drafted as a Ruck/Forward?
He seems pretty mobile for a big guy.
No. Backman only

He would get slaughtered in the ruck

Played in the forward line in the 2016 finals when he had only played a few games to great effect ... but that was in the past and he hasn't done it since

Wasn't Cordy originally drafted as a Ruck/Forward?
He seems pretty mobile for a big guy.
His brother Ayce was. Ruined by shoulder injuries and just wasn't quite good enough. He then went on to win the VAFA player of the year award in 2019, and the guy who came second (Anthony Scott) found his way onto our list via Rchmond VFL and played as the medical sub in our prelim win last weekend.

We still have his brother Zaine who is a KPD but played as a defensive forward in 2016 (the Grand Final was his 11th game!).
Zaine played last weekend but most of us expect Zaine to be dropped for Keath and we roll the dice by playing only two tall defenders.

No send off rule so if Weightman tries the duck hopefully Viney or May sends him into next year.
Viney and May do have a history of being fake tough guys so they wouldn't be doing anything out of character. Maybe they can clean up Oliver or Langdon too if you are so hellbent on cracking down on 'floppers'.

Viney and May do have a history of being fake tough guys so they wouldn't be doing anything out of character. Maybe they can clean up Oliver or Langdon too if you are so hellbent on cracking down on 'floppers'.

Look if you had have said Spargo I would have said "touche" but you've missed the target with that one unfortunately.

No send off rule so if Weightman tries the duck hopefully Viney or May sends him into next year.
Is Viney the teeny tiniest stand over man in AFL history?

Keath's hamstring against the cross country running of TMac/Brown will be interesting too - no doubt they'll be running him up and down the field all day if he plays.
Keaths an aerobic beast and doesn’t sound like there will be anything wrong with his hammy by game day anyway - but he won’t go to either Tmac or Brown anyway, that’ll be left to Gardner & Wood imo

Would certainly expect Keath to take Big Maxie any time Maxie goes forward.
Yeah agreed, with the way our backline works Keath will usually just take the deepest tall at all times anyway. There’s zero chance he gets blown up chasing Tmac & Brown up the field

Yeah agreed, with the way our backline works Keath will usually just take the deepest tall at all times anyway. There’s zero chance he gets blown up chasing Tmac & Brown up the field
If their tall start roaming we'll get Gardner to take the higher forward. He's an aerobic freak who often ends up with a 100% TOG and in our top handful for kms covered on gameday.

If their tall start roaming we'll get Gardner to take the higher forward. He's an aerobic freak who often ends up with a 100% TOG and in our top handful for kms covered on gameday.
I reckon he’ll get sent to Tmac then, Tommy is one of our best runners and has a massive tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The likely team sheet says Melbourne should win - I don't think many will dispute that they have the edge on paper due to players like May and Gawn. However the Bulldogs have absolutely played out of their skins this finals series. They have well exceeded their already-high expectations and are in red-hot form at just the right time.

Could it be that the Bulldogs will play like they've got nothing to lose, while the Demons are troubled by the weight of expectation?

Put it this way: if the Bulldogs' midfield has a better day than Melbourne's, and Bailey Smith has a good day, then they win.

It's been years since we've seen a clash of two absolutely stacked midfields on grand final day. Should be a belter.

I feel like there's possibly a massive typo in the thread title

Geez two weeks I don't know how I'd handle that if my team was in it. One week before GF is long enough as it is.

I think Melbourne has more class but the Bulldogs have more grit. Weird how neither side had a decent Prelim to test their mettle - this game may be a bit of a shock to the system for some players - the first few minutes anyway.

Shame it's not a proper day game.

This is probably the strongest GF contest between two heavy weights since 2008 since Hawthorn and Geelong. I can see this being a low scoring final like 70 or 80 points scored by both teams, these two teams will go down in history as one of the best the games seen, as both have era defining players on their list and the scary part is they're still young. Melbourne are kinda like Geelong back in the late 2000's where they just don't concede goals, like they're super compact but can also kill you is so many different ways, whereas bulldogs are probably more talented on paper than Hawthorns 2013-2015 teams but not as well coached, no disrespect to Bevo kind of side to compare the current doggies team. It's gonna be a great final, i genuinely don't know who wins, i'm kind of seeing and comparing which team has the better story line.
Huh? 2009/2010 want to talk to you.

Geez two weeks I don't know how I'd handle that if my team was in it. One week before GF is long enough as it is.

I think Melbourne has more class but the Bulldogs have more grit. Weird how neither side had a decent Prelim to test their mettle - this game may be a bit of a shock to the system for some players - the first few minutes anyway.

Shame it's not a proper day game.

Brisbane gave their all agaibst us the week before.

Back