Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 9 - Demons v Blues Sun May 16th 3:20pm EST (MCG) Fight MND Launch! Buy Your Beanies Link in OP.

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beanie ordered for myself and the better half!

Hoping for a close game, reckon Melb will blow us out of the park if we don't come prepared to play 4 quarters of football (which we generally don't :(........)

I urge everyone to please get behind this wonderful cause!

I lost my Mother to MND a couple of years ago and after seeing first hand how absolutely horrible it is I definitely want to see a cure found so that others don't need to go through the same thing.

Tipping Dees by lots. Don't have a good feeling about this one, but then again, felt the same about the Dogs game and we led for most of that and pushed them more than most expected.
Can't afford to keep carrying as many passengers as we have been. SOS is big loss. Don't care about the haters. Simple fact is, we are a better team when he plays. Can't carry Levi and Gibbons any more. TDK for Levi and Murphy for Gibbons instantly improves the output of both those spots.
I'd also look at resting Cripps and Williams if they aren't 100%. Both didn't look up to it against the Dogs. Bring in 2 out of Dow, Kennedy and Setterfield to play their roles.
They only need 25 disposals, 5 clearances, 7 tackles and 3 marks between them to improve on last week.
Yeah Silvagni is a very under rated player, he has won me over the last couple of years. He is a bit like Neal-Bullen for us, not a star but does his job across half forward and tackles and gives 100% every game. If his name wasn't Silvagni and he didn't look pretty like his mum people would give him more credit

This could be a banana skin for the dees, Blues by 12
Every game they win brings them a game closer to their first loss, and usually they happen against a team that you're expected to beat fairly comfortably, so why not us?
Would be a nice reward for effort for some close games that we maybe should have won, but you'd still be crazy to tip us.

Every game they win brings them a game closer to their first loss, and usually they happen against a team that you're expected to beat fairly comfortably, so why not us?
Would be a nice reward for effort for some close games that we maybe should have won, but you'd still be crazy to tip us.
be alright for you Bendigo boys to have a result. Carlton was loaded with Bendigo players back in the day

No one has put the blues away this year. In two years Carlton is the only team to have no losses over 32 points. Don’t see that changing this week. The return of TDK (a guy that can jump) and Newman (a guy that can distribute the ball off half back and can keep things organised) and Murphy (Harry McKay’s favourite player distributing inside 50). I can see us getting a little better than last week. May not get the win but our 3/4 quarters each week brats most teams. It’s just that one quarter that hurts. Melbourne may not be able to bridge the gap like dogs did. And Carlton can’t afford another repeat. I feel this will be similar to the Carlton v Geelong game at GMHBA stadium last year where we annihiliated them for a very long time.

Got my beanies and made an extra donation out of respect to the Daniher family, they have done an amazing job.

As for the game, if May can stop McKay then Carlton will have no chance.
Andrew’s couldn’t stop him. Can’t see may doing it. I foresee 3-4 free kick goals to McKay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I urge everyone to please get behind this wonderful cause!

I lost my Mother to MND a couple of years ago and after seeing first hand how absolutely horrible it is I definitely want to see a cure found so that others don't need to go through the same thing.
Condolences to you and your family, it’s a horrid disease and this is an amazing cause to get behind.

Buy your beanies or donate guys and gals :)

▶Click Here - Buy your Beanie or Donate

Club
Avg Age
Avg Gms
Avg Gls
Avg Hgt
Avg Wgt
Melb
24.91​
85.8​
50.5​
187.8​
87.8​
Carl
26.02​
97.0​
63.9​
188.1​
87.6​

Objectively we are an 8-10 goal better side but Carlton if the stars align can look quite good and challenge top teams as we saw last week. They lack a bit of polish but will definitely get a scalp or two this year. Tbh after three bruising encounters against Tigers, North and Swans I can see this being another slow grind. Definitely winnable for the Blues imo. And we a due for a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back