Training 2022 Men’s Preseason Thread - New training reports - 15/3

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think you can take a player that’s currently training at another club.
I think Baldwin was training with GC when we signed him

Martin is interesting. Don't really need his type but 7 goals in two intraclubs is very interesting. Probably have to take him after that.
Is there any background/profile somewhere on him? Had heard the name before today but how tall is he, is he quick etc? Assume he is another Waterman type for some reason.

Is there any background/profile somewhere on him? Had heard the name before today but how tall is he, is he quick etc? Assume he is another Waterman type for some reason.
He reminded me of Langford in all honesty.

Must admit part of my reasoning for this was that I thought he was Langford at first glance.

Any chance the club (or someone here) will post up a replay of the intraclub? Got stuck in work meetings today so couldn't tune in :(

Any chance the club (or someone here) will post up a replay of the intraclub? Got stuck in work meetings today so couldn't tune in :(

I assume they'll put up a replay at some point today. Check the Essendon youtube page or site later.

I assume they'll put up a replay at some point today. Check the Essendon youtube page or site later.

I have a recollection they posted / replied on social media that there would be one

Martin seemed to be much better below the knees than Langford but not as good overhead. Like a Langford that can rove well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he would be a handy backup in case Langford gets injured like last year.
The 1st half that I watched he seemed to have Heppell as an opponent, and being an intraclub hitout hepp wasn't too interested in the defensive side of the game.
I didn't see the 2nd half so can't comment but you would think that they will play him against the Bulldogs to get a better gauge.

I like Fejo. Probably need his type the most, he seems to do everything well, but just hasn't put together the required productivity.

If we don't pick him up I hope we sign him as a VFL player with an eye to sign him later on.

The Bombers worked through small forward options who could feature in the absence of Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, who is on personal leave but was at Essendon to watch the game. Devon Smith played the first half before completing some sideline running after the main break, while second-year talent Archie Perkins also picked up some time in the front half.

Matt Guelfi worked hard and put on pressure as well as helping create in attack while Alec Waterman was another who is likely to feature in the forward line alongside the Bombers' talls.

Looks like my theory in planning Guelfi forward was correct. Hopefully he can play it well

Can report todays game was about setting the ground defensively and stopping as much free flow game as possible. Got to watch the first half on my phone and it was a bit scrappy but you could see how they where trying to narrow the field and work on stopping the switch of play.

The Bombers worked through small forward options who could feature in the absence of Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, who is on personal leave but was at Essendon to watch the game. Devon Smith played the first half before completing some sideline running after the main break, while second-year talent Archie Perkins also picked up some time in the front half.

Matt Guelfi worked hard and put on pressure as well as helping create in attack while Alec Waterman was another who is likely to feature in the forward line alongside the Bombers' talls.

Looks like my theory in planning Guelfi forward was correct. Hopefully he can play it well
If Tippa was there watching that's a good sign hopefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back