Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 15 - Cats v Demons Thurs June 22nd 7:20pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t agree more - that’s all exactly where the appeal lies.
Every ground doesn’t have to be the same. It’s really great sitting so close to the action at K.Park. I’m sorry other clubs didn’t hang onto their grounds. I’d have been happy to travel to Princes park etc.
I saw a few games at Princes Park back in the early 90's, great viewing.

Because we will most likely have to play you in a final and we all know what happens every time that has taken place.in a big final Port are expected to win.

Kenny's boys will wipe the floor with any challenger, I wouldn't be so confident

True.
Just feels like a couple of teams have peaked a little too soon.
Melbourne are just chugging along and will finish top four and set themselves up for a big assault at finals.

Geelong will play finals but doubt they win more than a couple of games.
Won't complain if our down year sees a couple of finals and we can reprise our role as gatekeeper.

Won't complain if our down year sees a couple of finals and we can reprise our role as gatekeeper.

Amazing, isn't it? For 17 other teams failure is bottoming out, finishing bottom four, and tanking for draft picks. For Geelong failure is finishing bottom half of the eight and only winning a final or two.

Certainly is but easier if you make the 8..
Your time is done. You'll be in west coasts position give or take 2-3 yrs
We don't do rebuilds. That's beneath us, something for the pleb clubs.

Shame they couldn't capitalize in 2021.
Finished second.
Had a weeks rest (home final) against an injury hit Bulldogs for the prelim and were smashed.
Only one flag in their history , they are going well this year but not really at a point where they can be smug given their history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished second.
Had a weeks rest (home final) against an injury hit Bulldogs for the prelim and were smashed.
Dogs would have been dealing with hubs, mandatory quarantine because of COVID too, and they weren't even allowed to train on the ground.

Absolutely massive choke.

Whoknows.. a few weeks ago I'd agree with you..

We've had injuries and won 11 in a row.

We've got through the hardest stage of our draw now.

Not sure about that. You played 1 good quarter of football off the back of us having two 6 day breaks in a row and looked asleep. After that it was a whitewash.
Mate your up and about for a supporter of a team that been irrelevant for a long time.

Not sure about that. You played 1 good quarter of football off the back of us having two 6 day breaks in a row and looked asleep. After that it was a whitewash.

Let's revisit this in 6 weeks when we're at the pointy end, we're both (hopefully) full strength, and we play again, shall we?

Never good to get too carried away this early. As dumb as it sounds, the main place you won it last week was Lycett being too big for Blics to ruck against, and you getting clean clearances when you did win them, compared to our useless ones that resulted in a turnover or a throw in/ball up. Stanley allows Blics to play his natural role, and this was a big part of why we won the flag last year - as we always have a 7th defender as a result.

Nothing has happened yet in 2023 - I'd be holding fire until you're winning these matches when it counts.

enjoy the H&A season. We all know what happens to Port in finals

bloody umpires. Stanley throws the ball back not on the full to Sparrow. The umpire chooses to favour Geelong and not pay it because he knows it'll upset the home crowd. 30 secs later Geelong goal. Moments later, Brad Close sliding into Petracca's legs, not called, then Hunter held way after getting rid of the ball. Not paid. 30seconds later, Geelong goal.

Other than that, not a good sign that the dees are losing the middle of the table teams this close to the end of the season. Gotta learn to play in that wet weather boys!

Finished second.
I'm still shocked about port going down like that to dogs that year. I mean our result wasn't a surprise but I expected port to put up a fight

bloody umpires. Stanley throws the ball back not on the full to Sparrow. The umpire chooses to favour Geelong and not pay it because he knows it'll upset the home crowd. 30 secs later Geelong goal. Moments later, Brad Close sliding into Petracca's legs, not called, then Hunter held way after getting rid of the ball. Not paid. 30seconds later, Geelong goal.

Other than that, not a good sign that the dees are losing the middle of the table teams this close to the end of the season. Gotta learn to play in that wet weather boys!

Lol it was like that both ways. Ball was a cake of soap, common sense dictates that he may have just fumbled throwing it back. The two deliberates we copped were ridiculous as well - wouldn't have been the reason either team won or lost (you won the free kick count by 1 anyway).

Was tight all night, but we were far better in the last and the first quarter than you guys, ans the 2nd and 3rd were pretty even, with you guys having slight ascendency.

Your forward line, and your overly defensive gameplan is the problem - not the umpires.

Lol it was like that both ways. Ball was a cake of soap, common sense dictates that he may have just fumbled throwing it back. The two deliberates we copped were ridiculous as well - wouldn't have been the reason either team won or lost (you won the free kick count by 1 anyway).

Was tight all night, but we were far better in the last and the first quarter than you guys, ans the 2nd and 3rd were pretty even, with you guys having slight ascendency.

Your forward line, and your overly defensive gameplan is the problem - not the umpires.
Watch it again and tell me if it slipped. It clearly didn't slip. that's 50m every bloody day of the weak. The umpire showed his agenda in that decision alone. The noise of the home crowd scared him. It was a big moment too. All of these decisions were in the last quarter and resulted in direct Geelong goals.

I would've loved a couple of cheapies to put us up by 3 goals in the last quarter in wet conditions.

I agree some of the deliberates weren't there. The Tuohy one for example.

Goal kicking accuracy didn't help. We definitely can't play in the wet. We played so well in the dry and beat the pies. But keep losing in the wet.

I don't think we were ever really in it last week against Port. But a few weeks ago we were literally missing a third of the team and playing Blicavs and Atkins as the two main on ballers. It takes time to integrate players back and we still don't have Danger and Guthrie.

There's upside but we're probably out of time

Back