Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 15 - Cats v Demons Thurs June 22nd 7:20pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t agree more - that’s all exactly where the appeal lies.
Every ground doesn’t have to be the same. It’s really great sitting so close to the action at K.Park. I’m sorry other clubs didn’t hang onto their grounds. I’d have been happy to travel to Princes park etc.
I saw a few games at Princes Park back in the early 90's, great viewing.

We’re now taking a zero tolerance approach with posts in this thread asking whether Rohan might face MRO/tribunal penalties for a collision with his own team mate. 99% of them are disingenuous injury trolling, and the other genuinely curious 1% could be cleared up with a simple google search where you’ll see the rules clearly state that contact needs to be with an “opponent” not a team mate.

Any further posts will be deleted and infractions given.

We can’t be here every minute of the day so if you see any such posts, help us out by clicking the report button so we can remove them.

Thanks, Zev

I can cop a loss at Kardina Park, particularly when there was only marginally fewer scoring shots differential. Again, it's a marathon, and personally I am not concerned about a loss down here.

Dees Goal kicking... it'll happen, though it doesnt feel like it will happen soon enough. This match is not reflective of matches played in September, the Dees will be fine.
It's funny - during the game, although both teams scorelines looked bad, I didn't actually think the teams were kicking too poorly and Geelong was at least as bad as Melbourne from where I was sitting (I definitely think we should have been in front by more at quarter time). Sure enough, once rushed behinds are removed from the scoreline, it becomes 11.10 to 8.10, not too bad in driving rain.

It wasn't goalkicking accuracy that won and lost the game; it was Geelong dominating the early stages of the fourth quarter and getting some easy goal scoring opportunities (Blicavs and Rohan's were tap ins, Henry's was a decent kick, but I'd expect Fristch or Van Rooyan to goal from there at the other end, Guthrie's... ok that on the run checkside from 45 out could have gone anywhere).

Totally agree with your last point from a Geelong perspective. Last night wasn't about any grandiose statements, rounding into September form, nothing like that. It was just a case of having to get the four points by any means to stay in the hunt for a finals spot and we managed to do it. We'll be tested soon enough in our run home; the next few weeks are just about scratching out as many wins as we can, it doesn't have to be champagne football.

How hard was Gazza celebrating that goal in the last quarter? A bit awkward for mine. Like come on mate, you almost killed your team's best player a couple of hours ago. Tone it down a bit.
At least May didn’t see the celebrations … catching his breath!

Nah, Bews has been suspect for a while now.
Not the player he was a couple years ago.
Mullin could be his replacement by seasons end.

If like me you're watching at home, the thing with Bews is you rarely see him and ditto for his dangerous opponent.

He has the rare game where his opponent gets hold of him and you notice it and he has games like last night when his in everything and you notice him.

He's still got that wicked lateral step.

If like me you're watching at home, the thing with Bews is you rarely see him and ditto for his dangerous opponent.

He has the rare game where his opponent gets hold of him and you notice it and he has games like last night when his in everything and you notice him.

He's still got that wicked lateral step.

He's now 30 and we'll and truly exceeded all expectations.
Guthrie is a much better player now. O'Connor is still iffy.
I think we need another zippy small with good skills.
Duncan was good but he too gets run down.

Mullin did not look out of place at all but realistically, another season away.
Miers is a great user with speed to burn, perhaps off half back could be another Adam Saad?

He's now 30 and we'll and truly exceeded all expectations.
Guthrie is a much better player now. O'Connor is still iffy.
I think we need another zippy small with good skills.
Duncan was good but he too gets run down.

Mullin did not look out of place at all but realistically, another season away.
Miers is a great user with speed to burn, perhaps off half back could be another Adam Saad?

Miers is surprising me, with his maturing he's now a much harder footballer, much like Mackie did during his career.

I've liked Zuthrie since his first game, he's got a great temperament and plenty of go in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re now taking a zero tolerance approach with posts in this thread asking whether Rohan might face MRO/tribunal penalties for a collision with his own team mate. 99% of them are disingenuous injury trolling, and the other genuinely curious 1% could be cleared up with a simple google search where you’ll see the rules clearly state that contact needs to be with an “opponent” not a team mate.

Any further posts will be deleted and infractions given.

We can’t be here every minute of the day so if you see any such posts, help us out by clicking the report button so we can remove them.

Thanks, Zev
The fact he was actually trying to get Lever, is a concern, though

Pretty much.

Missed a big opportunity tonight. Looking like straight sets for us if scrape into top 4. Our goal kicking is horrific. Efforts are slack.
I thought your method going inside 50 was the issue. No care at all and just butchered it all night

Welcome to the bane of every Melbourne supporter. Has literally been happening for years. Managed to nail it in 2021 for 6 weeks and slam our way to a flag.

Hasn’t improved at all.
The ball use really was conservative. Never even tried to change directions or go through the corridor and work the defenders out of position. It must be a nightmare playing in the Melbourne forward line.

Beautiful ground. Love watching footy there.

Personal bias aside, it's the last ground in Victoria with that truly community feel about it without sacrificing modern amenities.

MCG is beautiful and the undisputed Mecca of AFL but shared by half a dozen Melbourne clubs.
Never a bad seat at Marvel but it feels so commercial and plasticky.

Sure, ideally it would have similiar dimensions to the MCG but it's a reflection of its history and adds some character about the place. I walk into Kardinia Park and the air just, ahhh, smells like Geelong footy. There's a buzz of anticipation in the air that is uniquely Geelong footy. And I'm willing to bet that a fair few Melbourne clubs would love (and/or sorely miss) their own local equivalent.

I won't argue that Kardinia is better than MCG (or even Marvel for that matter) but it's such a great place to watch football with a real community feel. It will only get even better when the stands are complete. We warmly welcome any oppo fans to come down and experience it themselves.

Personal bias aside, it's the last ground in Victoria with that truly community feel about it without sacrificing modern amenities.

MCG is beautiful and the undisputed Mecca of AFL but shared by half a dozen Melbourne clubs.
Never a bad seat at Marvel but it feels so commercial and plasticky.

Sure, ideally it would have similiar dimensions to the MCG but it's a reflection of its history and adds some character about the place. I walk into Kardinia Park and the air just, ahhh, smells like Geelong footy. There's a buzz of anticipation in the air that is uniquely Geelong footy. And I'm willing to bet that a fair few Melbourne clubs would love (and/or sorely miss) their own local equivalent.

I won't argue that Kardinia is better than MCG (or even Marvel for that matter) but it's such a great place to watch football with a real community feel. It will only get even better when the stands are complete. We warmly welcome any oppo fans to come down and experience it themselves.
Couldn’t agree more - that’s all exactly where the appeal lies.
Every ground doesn’t have to be the same. It’s really great sitting so close to the action at K.Park. I’m sorry other clubs didn’t hang onto their grounds. I’d have been happy to travel to Princes park etc.

The Grundy experiment makes the Demons to top heavy in winter,perhaps it will work in September.
I had the sound on the TV off, so apologies if there's an obvious explanation but I was surprised to see Grundy still on the ground after the sub had been activated for Melbourne. Would have thought that - barring injury - it would have almost been a no brainer in those conditions to take one of the ruckman off when they brought Spargo on and Grundy had been on the bench with his tracksuit top on, looking for all money like he'd be subbed off.

Back