Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 15 - Cats v Demons Thurs June 22nd 7:20pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t agree more - that’s all exactly where the appeal lies.
Every ground doesn’t have to be the same. It’s really great sitting so close to the action at K.Park. I’m sorry other clubs didn’t hang onto their grounds. I’d have been happy to travel to Princes park etc.
I saw a few games at Princes Park back in the early 90's, great viewing.

Watch it again and tell me if it slipped. It clearly didn't slip. that's 50m every bloody day of the weak. The umpire showed his agenda in that decision alone. The noise of the home crowd scared him. It was a big moment too. All of these decisions were in the last quarter and resulted in direct Geelong goals.

I would've loved a couple of cheapies to put us up by 3 goals in the last quarter in wet conditions.

I agree some of the deliberates weren't there. The Tuohy one for example.

Rosebury and the blonde haired one always screw us. There's a joke on our board about it.

There was no agenda, and even if you kicked that, our effort and intent was off the charts, so you still wouldn't have won. Like I said, you won the free kick count, and there were some very dubious free against us too.

Plus to be honest, if you need umpire favourability when you have Gawn, Grundy, Viney, Sparrow and Petracca, vs Atkins, Bruhn, Stanley, Holmes and Blicavs, then maybe your problems are bigger than the umpires.

In the final quarter, we just wanted it more and you guys fell to pieces. Atkins a couple of times in the back half exemplified this, in his desire to clear the ball/stop you guys scoring at all costs.

We don't do rebuilds. That's beneath us, something for the pleb clubs.
We didn’t really either until last year when we fell flat on our face. It’ll happen to everyone eventually. But the case can certainly be made for Geelong being the best run club in the AFL

We got beaten in the middle anyway . Made no difference to the result still dominating territory and winning by 8 goals 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s a shame Port aren’t playing this week. I was looking forward to the 12th straight week of searching for new excuses to discredit Port’s run. Lol

Rosebury and the blonde haired one always screw us. There's a joke on our board about it.

There was no agenda, and even if you kicked that, our effort and intent was off the charts, so you still wouldn't have won. Like I said, you won the free kick count, and there were some very dubious free against us too.

Plus to be honest, if you need umpire favourability when you have Gawn, Grundy, Viney, Sparrow and Petracca, vs Atkins, Bruhn, Stanley, Holmes and Blicavs, then maybe your problems are bigger than the umpires.

In the final quarter, we just wanted it more and you guys fell to pieces. Atkins a couple of times in the back half exemplified this, in his desire to clear the ball/stop you guys scoring at all costs.
I agree, I think your pressure was decent. The free kick count means little though. Gawn was held off the ball about 5 times by Stanley, never called. things like this. Geelong deserved to win but the clutch goals in the last were mostly from unpaid frees to us. Petracca had a terrible game. Blowtorched the ball all night. Grundy is also a spud and I've never liked him. our whole team just fumbled the wet footy which was a combo of the pressure and the wet conditions.

You guys wanted it more but melbourne were first to the ball on most occasions but would then just turn it over with poor skills due to being scrubs and being under pressure. Sometimes it's not even worth being first to the ball. Guys like Viney ball hunt and then just get smothered when they pick it up and the home crowd yells out 'ball'.

Rubbish.
We had no problems taking down the top-of-the-ladder premiership favourites in front of 80,000+ at the G less than a fortnight ago.

Losing to Geelong on their weird-shaped ground in sub-zero temperatures is hardly a big deal, especially given the Cats were playing to keep their season alive.
Keep telling yourself that. It’s round 15. We ‘took down’ Collingwood by 4 points. Our kicking is beyond atrocious. Between now and finals we have a long way to go. We play a decent game last week and then roll out this tonight.

Geelong should their 5 remaining games at home. One other win will probably lock in a Victorian Elimination Final (Vs Dogs, Saints or Bombers etc). You'd expect Melbourne and Brisbane to be QF losers. I'd give a full strength Geelong side a decent chance and then who knows.

The Bulldogs and Demons wins were essential, as the Cats season now has a pulse.

Geelong should their 5 remaining games at home. One other win will probably lock in a Victorian Elimination Final (Vs Dogs, Saints or Bombers etc). You'd expect Melbourne and Brisbane to be QF losers. I'd give a full strength Geelong side a decent chance and then who knows.

The Bulldogs and Demons wins were essential, as the Cats season now has a pulse.
Pretty much.

Missed a big opportunity tonight. Looking like straight sets for us if scrape into top 4. Our goal kicking is horrific. Efforts are slack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can cop a loss at Kardina Park, particularly when there was only marginally fewer scoring shots differential. Again, it's a marathon, and personally I am not concerned about a loss down here.

Dees Goal kicking... it'll happen, though it doesnt feel like it will happen soon enough. This match is not reflective of matches played in September, the Dees will be fine.

Top bloke Tom Stewart

Always has been and always will be
He pushed a player over, it was way too rough! Kids might have been watching!

Geez are we getting soft, reminds me of when Selwood got punished for pushing his bloody brother over. Anyway how good was Tanner Bruhn? Tough little bugger.

Toldya.
You can't stuff around with selections and expect to win.
The lack of effort by some the Melbourne players was disappointing.

Once.

With injury against Port.
My mistake. Since he’s played 91, 75, 67, 79, 82, 75, 93, 64, 85, 49 and however many minutes last night I figured it would’ve been more than that.

I’ll take the L with this one

I can cop a loss at Kardina Park, particularly when there was only marginally fewer scoring shots differential. Again, it's a marathon, and personally I am not concerned about a loss down here.

Dees Goal kicking... it'll happen, though it doesnt feel like it will happen soon enough. This match is not reflective of matches played in September, the Dees will be fine.

Was that Simon Goodwin?

How come Gary Rohan is not being looked at by the MRO?

What has the same team got to do with it?

Is it not all about protecting the head and what damage has Cameron suffered??

Rohan chose to bump did he not and accidently collected his teammate?? The fact Cameron is on the same team and it was a accident is irrelevant is it not?? It is about protecting the head

Because the rule explicitly states "an opponent"

Back