Roast AFL Bonus to Poach Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think I have misinterpreted his press conference. i thought he said 'im leaving because im burnt out' but it seems what he actually meant was 'im leaving to do burnouts'
dimma post presser in the swinburnout centre carpark

Car Drifting GIF by Z1 Motorsports

Yeah, not sure its the move i would want my club to be making ( ie poaching Dangerfield or something ), but it seems to be always coming up. I guess if Dimma see's their window as being 2025-26 tho, having him as your forward pocket who can still rotate in the middle for clearances is still appealing

plus - Dimma willl need someone there to help mix the kool-aid, he has always needed more help than most coaches of his stature.
Dimma could solve world hunger and you'd still be there trying to pot him because he stuck his penis into someone
Give it a break mate.

I knew he was going to coach somewhere in 2024 before that departure presser ended, he let it slip like i mentioned earlier.

And what mini rebuild, all we have done is lose 4 players to retirement ( 2 who didn't play a game ) really who were having little impact on field which is now going to allow two players to step in, Clarke might be the takeover for Cotch and possibly Bauer joins Lynch for a year of learning just as an example.

A topsy turvy year that saw us lose our top forward in Lynch in round 4 and young Gibcus for the season and as well as Tarrant for the season and George off course. Add in long term injuries and silly suspensions on top of that, a coach who walked out on us in round 10 ( players would've known something was up ) and didn't have the desire in those first 10 rounds which resulted in poor start ( 3-1-7 after 11 games ) a stand in coach was needed and yet.............here we are after all that, only 6 points outside 8th spot if the season ended now like it normally would for a 22 round season. Plenty and plenty of upside.

Oh and an in season fixture that saw us play 4 teams as double ups who are currently sitting in the top 6, five of the current top 9 as double up's.

And still only 6 points out and yet here we are with posters thinking we are headed for pain and suffering, far from it.

And who knows what a breath of fresh air might do for someone like Cumberland for instance.
Some valid points , but you don’t replace champions like Jack and Cotch overnight and that's even if you get a kid half as good as them.

Each to there own I think where in a rejuvenation and mini rebuild and this won't happen overnight.

I'm not buying the burn out excuse, but it works a lot better than walking out at the end of the season while contracted and moving there with a fat ambassadorial cheque. Thanks for the memories that I got to share with my dad before he passed but that's where it ends. I've also only watched half a dozen games in the last two seasons so I might just be a nuff.

Must say I felt uncomfortable seeing Dimma in the suns polo but some of the posts in this thread are shitful.
Bloke coached us for 13 years achieving the ultimate 3 times along the way. Gave me and most of our supporters the best days of our lives and now people shitting on him.
Really poor.
Regardless of how he performs with GC. He will always be Richmond, never did I believe I would witness greatness and he was apart of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick had taken us as far as he could. Listen to the bloke himself, he was well and truly done here and didn't think he had a message that could take us forward.

He's had a freshen up and been offered more money than he could not possibly hope to earn at any other club. Good on him, he's earned it. Hopefully he puts Gold Coast in a state in which they can actually be a benefit to the league in entirety by growing the pie.

The AFL are trying to make their investment in the greater game work. I really don't see what your issue is here. It benefits Richmond to have a solvent and workable franchise in Queensland that helps produce more quality players for the league.

Further, histrionics aside, what legal action do you propose? Bloke resigned and is free to bargain with whomever he wants.

Let bygones be and let us focus on what makes us a successful side going forward instead of worrying about the past. That's what cooked us in the 80s and 90s.
I don't often post a opinion but I take issue with gcs producing more afl players as it is a rort ,they have 3 top 12 academy picks coming at a 20% discount when called,that's on top of the afls biggest list at 48 players,their talent is unbelievable and it's plain not fair when we can't take a Richmond academy player who's called at pick 39 but gcs can call any kid in their academy at any pick called out.

Good luck to Dimma at Gold Coast

As far as im concerned he is a 3 time Richmond premiership coach and will always respect him for that
people change jobs all the time and his time had come and he took that (as he should)

Too many people feeling cheated need to get over this and move on and look foward to the next era
Not like we would have won a premiership next year if he had stayed and left us on bad terms

Move On !!

Will end in tears nothing surer . Oracle has spoken.
Yeah I reckon his ego has got too big. There were a lot of people responsible for our success. He was a big part of it but without Peggy, Benny, Balme, the assistants, the players and the passionate tigers supporters he would have achieved * all.

anyone would be burnt out from the reaming we copped for years from umps and media, having a chance at another deep finals run stolen off us, rules endlessly changed specifically to hurt your club and having the AFL not even reply to your emails or take a call from your club for 5 years

3 months holiday, $8 million and moving to a minnow club on the gold coast that the afl will endlessly fellate could cure anyone's burnout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back