Roast AFL Bonus to Poach Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just never going to work for Dimma and the Suns. Yeah, they might make the finals, but it's all extremely fabricated, and it's just the AFL throwing money at a bloke who was a very successful coach.

The team around Dimma, the players, coaching staff at the time and especially the mental attitude is what made up successful.

This just wont work.

maybe, but it's better for us that he goes now than we maybe squeak into finals and re-sign him and have him play all his premiership favourites over kids for the next 3 years with an obsolete gameplan.
I think it's better for both parties in the long run he left because his game plan was becoming very stale as was his excuses for losing all the time.

I've got the feeling we've all been duped by dimma and the suns, to me he didn't look like man who was tired and needed a rest from the game at all. There is more to this suns coaching appointment than we think, they've been courting him for a long time and it was just a matter the right amount of $$$ needed to be sorted out before the deal was done.
If being "duped" is a guy leaving the club who delivered us 3 premierships and recognised his message was getting stale at our club then count me in for being duped again for the next decade.

I am going to refrain from saying too much but from the outside it looks like we have been played.

That being said I am glad to have a new coach as Hardwick was stale and stubborn in the end.

I am going to refrain from saying too much but from the outside it looks like we have been played.

That being said I am glad to have a new coach as Hardwick was stale and stubborn in the end.

We certainly have.....

If being "duped" is a guy leaving the club who delivered us 3 premierships and recognised his message was getting stale at our club then count me in for being duped again for the next decade.
All i was saying he wasn't honest about it which i can understand it's the industry they're in. I'm personally glad he's moved on, thank you for his 13 year service and good luck to him i've got no ill feeling if he can get a better deal.

20230821_112839.jpg

throw up team america GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck, just glad he didn’t go to a better club lol.
Especially Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon or another Vic club in general.

I think I could stomach him lifting the cup for GC, but would see it as tarnishing his time at Richmond if he led one of our rivals to a flag.

Good luck to him, I'll admit I have mixed emotions, but at the end of the day i believe him when he says he felt he couldnt take our club any further, I think it was for the best for both parties that he finished when he did. After last seasons what if, I am glad he gave it another run this year, would rather know we had a dip and it didnt work than wonder what if if he had of called time last year.

I think this will work out well, he'll no doubt want some role players to set certain standards with the playing group up there, think we'll have some genuine goodwill in trying to broker a deal for their 1st rounder and perhaps with trades even beyond this year.

I'm pumped for the new era we may even know who our coach is by the end of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back