News AFL corruption & alleged secret drug testing

Remove this Banner Ad

the jungle book disney GIF

The Giesch has not said or done a good thing for us since. Never liked the bloke after he walked into that job and started shafting us. Leash the Giesch.
Another ******* fraud, he was full of s**t.

How do people reconcile the Steele Sidebottom wrong door story and him being "managed" this week? 🤔
You know the old one where you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and next minute you've taken the wrong door and you find yourself wandering the streets at night near naked.

That's actually what Ed went with for the excuse. They need to drug test him.

I'll be watching the Weasel tonight on AFL 180 (first time in ages) to see the spineless creature try and spin this around.

Of course he'll be hosting some awards night for the AFL, All Australian committee or something.... no conflict of interest at all for him lol. I mean he can't bite the hand that feeds him.

He's a pea hearted spin merchant that thinks he's always right.
IMG_1117.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am truly curious about how this story is effecting supporters and I would love some responses.

What is it specifically about this story that has you outraged?

Is it the late outs on gameday that effect gambling and other competitions that offer a financial reward? Is it the fact that the AFL is not following their own drug policy? Is it that players are being caught with drugs in their system and their names not being reported to the public?
not outraged, not surprised

its confirmation that they lie and they lie about things they posture and spin on

everyone can draw their own conclusions but i think like wookie said this is just the tip

gonna be juicy if it crumbles

hoping the earpieces will get whistleblown soon

that would bring the house down

im dreamin

I am truly curious about how this story is effecting supporters and I would love some responses.

What is it specifically about this story that has you outraged?

Is it the late outs on gameday that effect gambling and other competitions that offer a financial reward? Is it the fact that the AFL is not following their own drug policy? Is it that players are being caught with drugs in their system and their names not being reported to the public?

The thing that I took from it, is that the AFL have created a workaround so they can have an illicit drugs policy but under the guise of convenient patient-doctor confidentiality, can allow the players to do whatever they want without any possible media fallout. They are enablers. You have young men with a high disposable income who have had the consequences removed from then by head office. Why wouldn't you partake if it costs nothing to you and your employer has you covered?

It's subjective morality, they claim that the welfare of the player's is the most important thing, but all they care about is the optics.

The thing that I took from it, is that the AFL have created a workaround so they can have an illicit drugs policy but under the guise of convenient patient-doctor confidentiality, can allow the players to do whatever they want without any possible media fallout. They are enablers. You have young men with a high disposable income who have had the consequences removed from then by head office. Why wouldn't you partake if it costs nothing to you and your employer has you covered?

It's subjective morality, they claim that the welfare of the player's is the most important thing, but all they care about is the optics.
WADA don't see it like that at all...and the AFL have signed up fully to the WADA Drug policy!
Not only does the player get banned for cocaine use if proven...the doctor okayed it via a dodgey medical is going to get a kick up the backside.
The current noise about cocaine use in the AFL is a siren going off for players to test clean...incase WADA gets involved!

The AFL’s illicit drug policy is ticked off by the players association isn’t it? The players wouldn’t agree to something that would get them fired on the spot like the rest of us.
Cocaine use in sport is deemed a stimulant and is banned by WADA. The AFL is a signatory to the WADA Drug code. WADA have final say not the AFL or AFL Players Association.
Been here done all this with the Bumbers and their Drug bust!

Meanwhile hard hitting industry investigative reporter and CFL shill Wok Fry Barrett responds to the issue and Melbourne's drug culture problems by writing a very damning piece on AFL.com.au

Only the piece is in praise of Melbourne FC and damning of none other than.....

Richmond FC over things that happened 4 years ago and the club was heavily punished for and had very little actual control over....meanwhile not a single word about the explosive claims the CFL is now facing. Just, whatever is wrong, or has been wrong, is Richmond's fault. And all that has been done wrong by other clubs and the CFL cheating, lying and covering up their wrongdoing is not wrong at all because they are stoically getting on with their cheating, lying and cover-ups.

With this article he is basically confirming the CFL has it in for Richmond and will punish and scapegoat the club in any way it possibly can.

Laughably corrupt and rotten putrid organisation. The place is bent around corners.
I thought that article by Ferret was an absolute disgrace.

The trouble with the AFL whingeing through their media shills about Richmond's behaviour in the hub is that there is nothing substantial in it bar:

• the Stack/CCJ hub breach for which the cub was duly punished and which the club did not have direct control over, and
  • the Mrs Cotchin breach and ditto.

None of those people who committed those breaches are anything to do with the club any longer.

Vague allegations of "acting entitled" or even trying to point to the coach having an affair with another person within the hub cannot be told apart from idle gossip, which is precisely what it is.

What was really going on was Geelong was cheating the soft cap to try to get a massive advantage and this was sanctioned and facilitated by Steven Hocking from within the AFL, and they were fuming when it did not amount to a Geelong Premiership due to the presence of that big bad party spoiling monster that was Richmond. So they took their corrupt cheating even further with Geelong designed rule changes that were also aimed to specifically bring Richmond's game plan undone.

Geelong and the media would have us believe that great guy Chris Scott worked for nothing in 2020 allowing "others to keep their jobs." Code for he was paid off the books so Geelong didn't have to lay off other coaches like Richmond and other clubs did.

It is just amazing that now as the corruption of this lying cheating organisation is laid bare that they still think they can divert public attention by referring to the big bad monster Richmond's "misbehaviour" in the hub in 2020.

How you could possibly fall for that is beyond me RJK, but then you were never the sharpest tool.

Your problem is you are listening to the media who only find out so much. Did the media have any clue that Alex was in the hub, effectively dating Dimma? no. What else did they not know? Apparently, from the people i know who set the hub up - and im not talking the cleaner or the gardener, im talking tippy top - it was not just a few, it was a lot of them. The person i spoke to is a absolute pro and does an incredible job of saying something worthwhile, without saying a whole lot - but would always give me a lil bit to nibble on to not disappoint or seem fake. He is a great guy. When he talked about it, and he looked quite frankly like absolute s**t, i sort of defended Mrs Cotchin for he "facial-gate" & that she was being targeted as a female & because it seemed like a luxury of privlige. It was the only time i saw him break character (at the time) & he snapped back," it was pretty f-ing dumb, she knew she was breaking the rules". I quickly back-tracked my comment as it clearly, is real to him & just bigfooty banter to me.

From how he spoke of it, If they had player request or worse, demands, they were all to be fed through the tippy top people - who where spending 50% of their time on just Richmond bullshit. One of the players called Gil directly to ask if he could get his dog brought up as his GF claimed it was a "emotional support animal". Can you imagine doing something that dumb in the middle of the biggest crisis on his career? They acted like prima-donna's and to this day - i blame Dimma. How was he acting during this time? He was having an affair and expecting everyone to play their role in hiding it from Danielle. The guy helped build us 3 flags & somehow, i loath him. Rance is not much different. Fav player of all time at one point, now i almost loathe him. Because i think his individual behaviour and decisions changed the fate of the entire club, just like Dimma.

CLUB

ALWAYS

COMES

FIRST!!!

Its wild to think that 2 of the most important people who founded the "Richmond Way aka Brotherhood", were pretty much, 2 of the biggest full of s**t blokes going around. They talked a impressive talk, effectively, gaslighted, but then acted completely the opposite and quit mid-contract for their own selfish reasons. Its why i refuse to ease up - what they did was that personal to me, as a lifelong Richmond person - not just a "decade" one. The club somewhat managed to get back on with it by mid-season, until.....

Kebabgate. Which had govts spending tax-payer money on working through. It was a deplorable performance from our team off the field, while on the field, they were unbeatable. Gil was having to answer to Anna-Pala threatening to boot the entire league out and cause the first time since WWII a season to be incomplete.

Epilogue to my rant...... Above i said it was "the first time" i saw this person break character/professionalism. The 2nd time was when i saw this person in the last 18 months at a party. He is no longer involved in the AFL, but still involved in the sport in more consulting roles than official. He, being a qld guy, is obviously a Lions supporter. I brought up the arc-gate situation and his reaction reminded me of the scene in JFK when Guy Bannister is drunk and paranoid that Jack Lemmons character Jack Martin had been spying on him

"You didn't see a goddamn thing, you little weasel. Do you get it? You didn't see a goddamn thing"

His reaction that night made me surer than my own eyes that we got robbed & it was deliberate. Even my wife bulged her eyes at me when we moved on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back