News AFL corruption & alleged secret drug testing

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I dunno that I can muster up the rage and do a bloodbath on this. Just another scandal which tells me I'm a fcuking moron for even supporting this corrupt, tainted sport.
Our club picks and chooses its issues to focus on. I love the work we do around racism and the Madelline foundation etc, however, when it comes to issues around this and umpiring etc, where do we stand? Where's our standards on this? Silence. And it's very telling. Social messaging, we're all over it. Football issues, silence.

Honestly, I dunno that I can muster up the rage and do a bloodbath on this. Just another scandal which tells me I'm a fcuking moron for even supporting this corrupt, tainted sport.
Our club picks and chooses its issues to focus on. I love the work we do around racism and the Madelline foundation etc, however, when it comes to issues around this and umpiring etc, where do we stand? Where's our standards on this? Silence. And it's very telling. Social messaging, we're all over it. Football issues, silence.
Like everything it’s all about the money

The afl trying to hide away any drug issues under the guise of player health when it’s just about not having public pressure from sponsors who pay the bills who don’t want their brands linked with young men with drug problems

Now that the rock has been kicked over the pressure will come and the AFL will be forced to look at its illicit drugs policy and claim that they always intended on doing it (bullshit)

If the AFL are willing to protect its brand by manipulating its only policy to prevent public scrutiny what other policies are they doing the same to?
Gambling? Umpires?

Even if they aren’t the faith in the integrity of the game has been questioned

I thought that article by Ferret was an absolute disgrace.
Flings a tiny particle of dirt the hard working The AFL Old Boys Club way...blink and ye miss it...a smidgen of dirt the private school educated "Cheese Platters" way...and then manages to splash the RFC with a shower of past dirty innuendos...as/with the wheels of drive past Demon style Range Rovers...on the way to a crispy clean white environment!
Did I right the article of innuendo the write way asks Barrett!!!!

Last edited:
Like everything it’s all about the money

The afl trying to hide away any drug issues under the guise of player health when it’s just about not having public pressure from sponsors who pay the bills who don’t want their brands linked with young men with drug problems

Now that the rock has been kicked over the pressure will come and the AFL will be forced to look at its illicit drugs policy and claim that they always intended on doing it (bullshit)

If the AFL are willing to protect its brand by manipulating its only policy to prevent public scrutiny what other policies are they doing the same to?
Gambling? Umpires?

Even if they aren’t the faith in the integrity of the game has been questioned
& like clockwork I check my feeds and this pops up

& like clockwork I check my feeds and this pops up

the complete cleanout of AFL house boys club needs to happen now, there's never been a better time to force these roaches from their nest. theyre trying to sweep it under the rug in full view of the media and public, madness.

PHEW thank The AFL OLd Boys Club that the current Drug's Policy(instigated by whom!?) is Done and set for an overhaul!!!
Nuffin to see here...cue that Gif!!!
And more importantly...pee off WADA your not needed here et al...The AFL Old Boys Club have it all under control!
Cue the Gangajang Youtube musical clip..."this is Australia"...

sadly most young players are young, dumb, ful of c^m and have s**t loads of cash (compaired to the average person in their 20's)
so what...its The AFL Old Boys Club handling of such young players that needs further scrutinizing and exposing...that allows such/their behaviour to both continue without due diligence...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there are no illegal drugs in the player's system they are free to play, and if there are drugs in their system the player is often asked to fake an injury," Wilkie said.

"They are advised to lie about a condition, while the results of the off-the-book tests are kept secret and are never shared with Sports Integrity Australia or WADA.

"In other words, hundreds of thousands of Australians will watch the game not knowing that the game has been secretly manipulated by the AFL, and thousands of Australians will bet on that game not knowing the game has been secretly manipulated by the AFL."

What does secretly manipulated by the afl mean
Only solution left.
Set-up the ADFL

Your problem is you are listening to the media who only find out so much. Did the media have any clue that Alex was in the hub, effectively dating Dimma? no. What else did they not know? Apparently, from the people i know who set the hub up - and im not talking the cleaner or the gardener, im talking tippy top - it was not just a few, it was a lot of them. The person i spoke to is a absolute pro and does an incredible job of saying something worthwhile, without saying a whole lot - but would always give me a lil bit to nibble on to not disappoint or seem fake. He is a great guy. When he talked about it, and he looked quite frankly like absolute s**t, i sort of defended Mrs Cotchin for he "facial-gate" & that she was being targeted as a female & because it seemed like a luxury of privlige. It was the only time i saw him break character (at the time) & he snapped back," it was pretty f-ing dumb, she knew she was breaking the rules". I quickly back-tracked my comment as it clearly, is real to him & just bigfooty banter to me.

From how he spoke of it, If they had player request or worse, demands, they were all to be fed through the tippy top people - who where spending 50% of their time on just Richmond bullshit. One of the players called Gil directly to ask if he could get his dog brought up as his GF claimed it was a "emotional support animal". Can you imagine doing something that dumb in the middle of the biggest crisis on his career? They acted like prima-donna's and to this day - i blame Dimma. How was he acting during this time? He was having an affair and expecting everyone to play their role in hiding it from Danielle. The guy helped build us 3 flags & somehow, i loath him. Rance is not much different. Fav player of all time at one point, now i almost loathe him. Because i think his individual behaviour and decisions changed the fate of the entire club, just like Dimma.

CLUB

ALWAYS

COMES

FIRST!!!

Its wild to think that 2 of the most important people who founded the "Richmond Way aka Brotherhood", were pretty much, 2 of the biggest full of s**t blokes going around. They talked a impressive talk, effectively, gaslighted, but then acted completely the opposite and quit mid-contract for their own selfish reasons. Its why i refuse to ease up - what they did was that personal to me, as a lifelong Richmond person - not just a "decade" one. The club somewhat managed to get back on with it by mid-season, until.....

Kebabgate. Which had govts spending tax-payer money on working through. It was a deplorable performance from our team off the field, while on the field, they were unbeatable. Gil was having to answer to Anna-Pala threatening to boot the entire league out and cause the first time since WWII a season to be incomplete.

Epilogue to my rant...... Above i said it was "the first time" i saw this person break character/professionalism. The 2nd time was when i saw this person in the last 18 months at a party. He is no longer involved in the AFL, but still involved in the sport in more consulting roles than official. He, being a qld guy, is obviously a Lions supporter. I brought up the arc-gate situation and his reaction reminded me of the scene in JFK when Guy Bannister is drunk and paranoid that Jack Lemmons character Jack Martin had been spying on him

"You didn't see a goddamn thing, you little weasel. Do you get it? You didn't see a goddamn thing"

His reaction that night made me surer than my own eyes that we got robbed & it was deliberate. Even my wife bulged her eyes at me when we moved on.

I am perplexed as to how you could think this post answers the points in my post.

For a start you are claiming to have some inside oil. Yet all "misdemeanours" committed by "Richmond" you have referred to were widely reported in the media at the time.

The AFL gave Richmond the maximum available punishment for the actual protocol breaches by 3 individuals, Stack, Coleman-Jones and Brook Cotchin. Some other clubs had people committing similar breaches, AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY WENT UNREPORTED OR WERE SWEPT NDER THE CARPET. As I said before, none of these people who committed the breaches are at the club now, and it is not reasonable to expect the actions of a very small number of individuals for which the club was properly punished, to be held against the club indefinitely.

All the other stuff is just nonsense. Richmond are bad because one of its player's wives rang the AFL CEO to request her dog be brought into the hub...wtf. Just say no and move on you stupid campaigner McLachlan. I mean think about this with a clear head. Let's just say the WAG in question desperately wanted her dog with her in the hub for the reasons she is reported to have provided. Wouldn't the correct course of action be to contact the people set up at the AFL to answer such requests, and ask for approval? And if you don't like the answer you are given, then take it to a higher level? And the incorrect action would be to somehow try to smuggle the dog into the hub without asking anybody?

Maybe Richmond moreso than other clubs encouraged their people in the hub to request anything they thought would keep them in a better state of mind whilst in the hub. Or maybe they didn't. But so what. None of that would amount to breaking any rules, or "bad behaviour." People, obviously including the CEO, turning that into salacious gossip is the only bad behaviour in any of this. I mean you can just see it now. The clubs would have been given certain reassurances to help them to accept entering into the hubs. The AFL no doubt told them players can bring wives and kids etc etc, if anything is required to make them comfortable, we will have a dedicated team there to help with any requests, we will do all we can. Oh, but by the way, if you actually make any such requests, we will get our media shills to report it openly so your club is publicly disgraced without fair trial. We would of course get them to name you individually but that would run the risk of you suing, so we won't do that.

What a load of s**t that is and was. As for "the affair" it is legal behaviour taking place between consenting adults. It has nothing to do with anyone else. It would not have happened solely within the Richmond hub. In fact we know it did happen elsewhere.

All that has really happened here is there were certain Geelong-sympathetic people in high places in the AFL at the time, and they have tried all they could to undermine Richmond's dominance over the competition. This eventually became completely obvious with the last minute introduction of the stand rule, that Geelong alone were "trialling" for a whole pre-season before other clubs got any chance to adapt to it. It is completely obvious that it would not matter what Richmond or its people had done, there were forces within the AFL who were going to act against the club for having the temerity to repeatedly humiliate Geelong in finals, costing megalomaniac Chris Scott his "rightful" standing in the game.

Wake up and smell the sewer that is the AFL my friend.

sadly most young players are young, dumb, ful of c^m and have s**t loads of cash (compaired to the average person in their 20's)
Do they have “sugar loaded candy canes”… sorry, just had to go off on some 80’s rock lyric tangent.

Your problem is you are listening to the media who only find out so much. Did the media have any clue that Alex was in the hub, effectively dating Dimma? no. What else did they not know? Apparently, from the people i know who set the hub up - and im not talking the cleaner or the gardener, im talking tippy top - it was not just a few, it was a lot of them. The person i spoke to is a absolute pro and does an incredible job of saying something worthwhile, without saying a whole lot - but would always give me a lil bit to nibble on to not disappoint or seem fake. He is a great guy. When he talked about it, and he looked quite frankly like absolute s**t, i sort of defended Mrs Cotchin for he "facial-gate" & that she was being targeted as a female & because it seemed like a luxury of privlige. It was the only time i saw him break character (at the time) & he snapped back," it was pretty f-ing dumb, she knew she was breaking the rules". I quickly back-tracked my comment as it clearly, is real to him & just bigfooty banter to me.

From how he spoke of it, If they had player request or worse, demands, they were all to be fed through the tippy top people - who where spending 50% of their time on just Richmond bullshit. One of the players called Gil directly to ask if he could get his dog brought up as his GF claimed it was a "emotional support animal". Can you imagine doing something that dumb in the middle of the biggest crisis on his career? They acted like prima-donna's and to this day - i blame Dimma. How was he acting during this time? He was having an affair and expecting everyone to play their role in hiding it from Danielle. The guy helped build us 3 flags & somehow, i loath him. Rance is not much different. Fav player of all time at one point, now i almost loathe him. Because i think his individual behaviour and decisions changed the fate of the entire club, just like Dimma.

CLUB

ALWAYS

COMES

FIRST!!!

Its wild to think that 2 of the most important people who founded the "Richmond Way aka Brotherhood", were pretty much, 2 of the biggest full of s**t blokes going around. They talked a impressive talk, effectively, gaslighted, but then acted completely the opposite and quit mid-contract for their own selfish reasons. Its why i refuse to ease up - what they did was that personal to me, as a lifelong Richmond person - not just a "decade" one. The club somewhat managed to get back on with it by mid-season, until.....

Kebabgate. Which had govts spending tax-payer money on working through. It was a deplorable performance from our team off the field, while on the field, they were unbeatable. Gil was having to answer to Anna-Pala threatening to boot the entire league out and cause the first time since WWII a season to be incomplete.

Epilogue to my rant...... Above i said it was "the first time" i saw this person break character/professionalism. The 2nd time was when i saw this person in the last 18 months at a party. He is no longer involved in the AFL, but still involved in the sport in more consulting roles than official. He, being a qld guy, is obviously a Lions supporter. I brought up the arc-gate situation and his reaction reminded me of the scene in JFK when Guy Bannister is drunk and paranoid that Jack Lemmons character Jack Martin had been spying on him

"You didn't see a goddamn thing, you little weasel. Do you get it? You didn't see a goddamn thing"

His reaction that night made me surer than my own eyes that we got robbed & it was deliberate. Even my wife bulged her eyes at me when we moved on.

Well do you believe Gale or some random Qld bloke with a lot of reading between the lines.

I do find it pretty hard to believe that there weren't any incidents with other clubs up there and it was all big bad Richmond. That seems fanciful at best.

I'd say there were a few requests that were ridiculous and fanciful at best, but the AFL media are rewriting history as if it was Animal House every day of the week up there for Richmond players.

Given the recent goings on can you believe a word the AFL says? It's not as if the AFL AREN'T PROVEN LIARS is it.

August 2020

“I was there (in the hub) for almost a month,” Gale said.

“Can I just say, we’ve taken the smallest travelling party up there. We took about 65 initially, now we’ve got about 100 — some clubs have 150.

“We did that from a performance point of view but also we wanted to be prudent.

“We elected to stay at a fairly modest set of student accomodation with student dorms, and we’re doing the right thing by the code.

“I have not seen one thing that says there’s entitlement.”

“Yes there’s a few modifications — we’ve trucked up almost half of our gym to put in the basement at this facility and there’s a few other bits and pieces,” he said.

“But our guys are as happy as Larry to be there, they’re so grateful to be there, they’re so thankful for the opportunity, they’re really mindful of the struggles down here in Melbourne in particular, they’re playing good footy, they’re really grateful for all the work the AFL have put in.

“So I don’t know where this is coming from, but there’s nothing to me that suggested entitlement or taking for granted.”

I don't think there should be any sort of transparency into the actual names of players who are taking illicit drugs and using the AFL's loop hole, but the statistics like the Herald sun's piece today about 100 players doing it is very relevant.

If it was something like 20-30 players, you could argue the policy is working pretty well and assisting the players, but 100 really tells you the policy is just taking the piss.

I'm keen to see if the player's association put out a bullshit statement and how much fluff it includes.

Cocaine use in sport is deemed a stimulant and is banned by WADA. The AFL is a signatory to the WADA Drug code. WADA have final say not the AFL or AFL Players Association.
Been here done all this with the Bumbers and their Drug bust!
It’s only a stimulant if found on game day though. The AFL are just testing players who admit to taking it and telling them not to play, under the leagues illicit drug policy. This isn’t anything like Essendon.

It was awesome winning that 2020 premiership.
Against All Odds
Of course oppos call it the asterisk flag but it was our greatest flag of the three.
2017 breaking the drought was the most important but in 2020 we beat the establishment.
Rule changes after Shocking studied Richmond.
State of the game agendas.
Everytime an umpire shouts STAND,it's a reminder of how salty the AFL were of that 2020 flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back