AFL Media is a cesspool of vic bias

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot think of another sporting competition in the world which mollycoddles and favours a select few "chosen" teams like the AFL does with the Swans, Giants, Lions and Suns. i.e. special rules, recruiting concessions & academy leg-ups, salary cap concessions, "ambassador payments"...

Not just for 1 or 2 years... Or for a 5-year start-up period... But ongoing favouritism for DECADES...

If you can provide other examples in world sport where the administrators make special rules for 1 or 2 favoured teams and different rules for everyone else, then please let me know. I'm all ears.

And you have the temerity to post in a thread about "Vicbias" :tearsofjoy:

The AFL has pumped more than $100 million in to keep the northern clubs afloat, money which has basically come from the pockets of the fans of the southern clubs... Mostly Victorian fans... How's that for Vicbias?
It’s a national competition. They want the game to expand into northern states. The Victorian clubs get a great run, you get a GF at home. You also were lucky to play non Victorian teams with huge crowds in your favour during your trifecta of premierships a decade ago.

Pumping money into an asset to keep it afloat because you want it to succeed is somewhat of a common business principle.

I cannot think of another sporting competition in the world which mollycoddles and favours a select few "chosen" teams like the AFL does with the Swans, Giants, Lions and Suns. i.e. special rules, recruiting concessions & academy leg-ups, salary cap concessions, "ambassador payments"...

Not just for 1 or 2 years... Or for a 5-year start-up period... But ongoing favouritism for DECADES...

If you can provide other examples in world sport where the administrators make special rules for 1 or 2 favoured teams and different rules for everyone else, then please let me know. I'm all ears.

And you have the temerity to post in a thread about "Vicbias" :tearsofjoy:

The AFL has pumped more than $100 million in to keep the northern clubs afloat, money which has basically come from the pockets of the fans of the southern clubs... Mostly Victorian fans... How's that for Vicbias?
Have a look at the AFL revenue before and after these clubs coming into the comp, and then maybe you can answer your own questions on whether it’s good financial sense.

As for vicbias, I can’t help those who won’t see.

What state did all the away teams come from?

Four games with home teams playing four teams from where?

Was WA represented? SA?

No. Only teams from one other state were included, Victoria. And then two of those teams playerd again in prime time 5 days later. Hmmmmmm.

Now round 0 it wasnt to sell tickets as the grounds were so small you dont need big Vic sides to fill the stadiums.

So open the other eye buddy, its pretty obvious who the AFL teachers pets are and those who are not.
Read that the 4 Vic clubs that went north all stretch out their lesser travel demands across the year, and along with the 4 northern clubs they spread their 2 byes through the year rather than spending one in Rd 0.

Add that to Gather round, and the big losers are the WA clubs and the smaller 6 Vic clubs.

I don't get the issue. If we don't care about Western Australia, why would we report on WA clubs?

Whats the name of the competition we are playing in again?

And you just backed up my point. Vic media do care. They care about their states teams and dont give a rats about anyone else. Hence Vic Biased media peddling their agenda.

Any mention of the noise of affirmation last night from the Vic bias media when the Pies were being gifted soft free after soft free and the Swans non frees kept adding up? Nope. A couple of mumbles about 'That was a tad soft.......".

And the Pies won the grand final by how much again?

So big Victorian sides should move their games interstate playing each other .

How about the WA derby in Sydney to grow the game there? The showdown on the Gold Coast?

Eddie just came up with the travel solution. And a bloody good idea too.

Two teams travel and stay a week and play two games.

Pies and Essendon go to Perth and play the two WA clubs across two weekends.

The two WA clubs travel to Melbourne, stay a week and play two opponents.

The SA, Qld and NSW clubs do the same so everyone pitches in and everyones travel reduced.

We use this as a surgical strike against the NRL on specific weekends in NSW and QLD. Eddie describes it as weaponising the fixture.

Eddie goes on and describes club fans making a week footy trip holiday out of it as they can watch their team twice in 7 days and inbetween holiday interstate. Great for tourism footy packages etc.

A bloody good idea as it benefits everyone.

Last edited:
Eddie just came up with the travel solution. And a bloody good idea too.

Two teams travel and stay a week and play two games.

Pies and Essendon go to Perth and play the two WA clubs across two weekends.

The two WA clubs teavel to Melbourne, stay a week and play two opponents.

The SA, Qld and NSW clubs do the same so everyone pitches in and everyones travel reduced.

We use this as a surgical strike against the NRL on specific weekends in NSW and QLD. Eddie describes it as weaponising the fixture.

Eddie goes on and describes club fans making a week footy trip holiday out of it as they can watch their team twice in 7 days and inbetween holiday interstate. Great for tourism footy packages etc.

A bloody good idea as it benefits everyone.
I loathe that guy but damn that’s a good idea.

It’s a national competition. They want the game to expand into northern states. The Victorian clubs get a great run, you get a GF at home. You also were lucky to play non Victorian teams with huge crowds in your favour during your trifecta of premierships a decade ago.

Pumping money into an asset to keep it afloat because you want it to succeed is somewhat of a common business principle.

Its a national competition where a handfull of teams from two states EVERY year are gifted additional benefits to succeed where others get thrown a bone once every 6 to 10 years.

It doesnt matter if they are making grand finals and winning the comp. They continue to get unfair access others at the bottom of the ladder do not.

Thats how the AFL have decided to rig the race.

Now horse racing, what do they do? Oh thats right, if a horse is too good they put heavier weights on the horse to slow it down to make a closer race. They dont let the fastest horse run with lighter weight do they? But thats what the AFL does, because it wants that horse from NSW or Qld to win.

From a competition perspective we are all basically watching a fixed 'horse race'. Fixed by the organisation running the show.

Last edited:
Its a national competition where a handfull of teams from two states EVERY year are gifted additional benefits to succeed where others get thrown a bone once every 6 to 10 years.

It doesnt matter if they are making grand finals and winning the comp. They continue to get unfair access others at the bottom of the ladder do not.

Thats how the AFL have decied to rig the race.

Now horse racing, what do they do? Oh thats right, if a horse is too good they put heavier weights on the horse to slow it down to make a closer race. They dont let the fastest horse run with lighter weight do they? But thats what the AFL does, because it wants that horse from NSW or Qld to win.

From a competition perspective we are all basically watching a fixed 'horse race'. Fixed by the organisation running the show.
I don’t disagree with that. You’re also fortunate to see the Eagles succeed in a very VIC centric competition. I hope you bounce back hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back