AFL Media is a cesspool of vic bias

Remove this Banner Ad

A disgrace.
Herald sun and the age can do this all the want but AFL media are suppose to be catering for fans around Australia.
I’ve lived in 4 states none being WA.
Some occasions living remotely your only source of footy news is AFL website or fox footy.
These sources are relied upon yet have become an online issue of the herald sun.
Fox footy can at least claim moral low ground and say their chasing money.
The AFL has no ground, they wonder why new clubs are struggling there’s zero exposure, the only airtime is about players wanting to leave the club.
I reiterate for the whattaboutism coming my way.
Region news/info: based on region.
State news info: for the state
National news info: for the national populist.
In defence of some, living in vic I have noticed there is some that truly believe Victoria is Australia and Melbourne’s the capital.

Sydney and Collingwood meeting as two of the largest followed clubs in Australia.

hqdefault.jpg

You’re just figuring this out now. Watch any football media, 90% of the talk is about vic clubs. Interstate clubs always get the end of a show or brief mention at the end of an article
Yeah, true, but prelim finals week. I'd assume AFL Media would be a Collingwood wankfest.

Instead we get arguably the most irrelevant national sports team of the last 20 years filling columns? Why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every single section of the media are paid puppets of the AFL. There is not an ounce of independent media in the AFL industry and hence why you will only ever hear or see what AFL head office want you to.
It is also why the AFL have been able to hijack the sport and change all the rules because they own the media and know they will get no push back.
Once upon a time the media and the fans were on the same team, now the fans are on their own and the AFL and the media are on the same team.

There is not one single individual that operates in the entire AFL industry that I would believe a word they say in regards to what is happening in the industry.

As for the OP remarks about Vic bias, where have you been? It’s been like this for 35 years.

Plenty of supports aren't members and/or live out of town. How else you going to measure those?
I just don't see what the point is. What good is a supporter who knows nothing about the team and never actually goes and supports them?

Victoria is Australia and Melbourne’s the capital.
Marvellous Melbourne.
Was once a fair dinkum real thing.

For an occassional visitor like me, it still is marvellous. I like the multicultural element, the footy season, the music scene is great. I am hoping to get paid for the probono education and training I have hitherto provided, giving tips, directives and advice to the electric scooter folk who veer onto walk ways. There is also an extrenely loud karaoke up the top end of Russell Street near the old Melbourne Gaol that I am considering getting closed down.

Otherwise, Melbourne is still Marvellous, and indeed, the centre of the footy world. I have nothing against the outer mongolia's of the west and north, mind you.

AFL media is a cesspit - couldn't agree more

Bias is typically by team. Look at the stories in your snip and work it out.

And the main bias is 'the AFL is doing a great job, I think they are wonderful'.

I just don't see what the point is. What good is a supporter who knows nothing about the team and never actually goes and supports them?
It's a meaningless metric, though sthmelb_dimmies is right.

If you listed all rugby teams and asked me which team I support, I'd pick Melbourne Storm. I have never been to a game and don't even watch them on tv, so it counts for nought. I suppose it's useful as a measure of potential future growth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back