Game Day AFLW 2017 R2 vs Melbourne (7.40pm @ Princes Park)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hit the ball straight down the throat of the rover. It doesn't mean they're going to grab it cleanly
True.
Issue is her around the ground efforts.
I didn't look at stats and couldn't be bothered.
But can you tell me Kicks/handballs/goals/points for her and her opponents over the night?
Might tell a different story to 3 to 1 hitouts.

Fair point, a player of her 'ability' needs to be more influential though
Yep.
So the coach needs to move her up the ground when the ball is stuck outside the F50.
Did they?
Is a Hope capable of playing the Cloke role on the wing?
If she can, who does she kick it to in the F50?
Because that was always the issue with Cloke up the ground. He needed to kick it to Cloke because not many others were capable of recieving the ball.
Hope has the same issue. We haven't built enough support around her with our recruiting.

True.
Issue is her around the ground efforts.
I didn't look at stats and couldn't be bothered.
But can you tell me Kicks/handballs/goals/points for her and her opponents over the night?
Might tell a different story to 3 to 1 hitouts.
I'm in agreement that her around the ground efforts wasn't up to par tonight. I reckon her primary role is in ruck contests so that's where I was coming from.

Emma King. 5 kicks. 2 handballs. 0 marks. 33 hit outs. 3 tackles. 0 goals. 0 behinds. (I doubt any of her disposals were effective though)
Lauren Pearce. 3 kicks. 2 handballs. 1 marks. 11 hit outs. 3 tackles. 0 goals. 0 behinds.

Really cringe worthy watching this rubbish in TV, unfortunately when the men's stuff kicks on Thursday, this will die a slow death! Maybe it'll be better in 5 years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moana is very slow and unfit for someone regarded as a superstar and the face of the team. She was led to the ball whenever it did go forward and could not apply any defensive pressure. In fact we have far too many slow players, particularly in the forward line.

Always talk big,Pert expects to win premierships in 3 years in 2013.womens coach says expects to play in gf.no other club spruiks how good they are but fail to deliver.

there seems to be a consistency in the philosophy on choosing players which runs right through the club........ i cant help thinking back to the 1970s when the men's team was called "brilliant but brittle"...has the pendulum swung the other way too much? The club seems obsessed with hard nuts

Always talk big,Pert expects to win premierships in 3 years in 2013.womens coach says expects to play in gf.no other club spruiks how good they are but fail to deliver.

officials do that at clubs where the members demand short term results.....the members set the agenda at collingwood in the end... probably only the richmond supporters are worse in this regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back