AFLW AFLW Season 7, Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if she's returning to cricket or focusing on motherhood, but Jess has been a valuable contributor for her teams across her AFLW career

Eagles game was the first match I've seen for quite a few weeks. This team is seriously improving, and I defy anyone to suggest that they anticipated we could come on as much as we already have this season.

The defensive steel continues to build, season upon season. But the leap in willingness to take the game on and seek to move the ball quickly and directly has been the really pleasing aspect for mine. Overall, we still don't quite possess the skills across the team to frank the game style. But it is seriously encouraging to see how much more prepared the group now is to try to play footy over simply hacking the ball in hope.

Still some way to go to match it with the very best. But the nucleus of the team in every part of the ground is markedly better than at any time in our history. Meg, Annabel & Claudia are really bringing it down back. Emonson impresses me as well. And the mids unit is becoming really formidable. Amy, Georgie, Nina and Becky give us capacity we've never known in there before. And players like Fuller, Bowen and Friswell show stacks of potential as well.

And, despite still being our weakest department, combining the class of Scott with Scheer's dynamism (and Darcy's hardness and flair) has made for a much more potent look up forward. Parry looked like a 'nearly' player many times in that game as well. If she could mark and convert a few of the opportunities sent her way, we look even more dangerous down there. Our scoring uptick is clearly genuine evidence of how differently we're moving the ball. And it's not like any of the players I've mentioned above (apart from Shelley) are likely to be out of the system soon.

Finals will be a great reward for this team at this point. Craas away becomes a massive test, no doubt. But if we hold our nerve, don't get overawed and back our system, we should at least be reasonably competitive. Looking forward to seeing what the team can bring this weekend, and in all the games we have left this season.

After all, they've already significantly ratcheted up my expectations for what might be possible with this group in the next couple of seasons. Massive kudos to Dan and the coaching staff for staying the course, backing in their development strategy, and getting a number of the 'right' players into the club in recent seasons to address deficiencies and leverage our strengths.

Keep it coming, girls. This is a team that is clearly on the rise...

Ive been pretty much absent this season but have caught 2 games...

wow...

The improvement is great.

Skills, ball movement, game style.

A real credit to all involved and its great to see.

Hope to be able to see more from now to end of season.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woohoo and bugger at the same time

Hoping Brooke only misses this week and due to schooling commitments or such

Don't mind the inclusion - would've dropped Keryk before Plummer though.

Don't mind the inclusion - would've dropped Keryk before Plummer though.
What role is Keryk playing because I genuinely can't recall her being involved in too much last week against WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back