Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

meanwhile... i had to do a module on how to safety walk up and down the stairs at work.
Gotta have ways for HR to justify their existence (not that OH&S isn’t important).
I had to pass modules on modern slavery this year.

I think we are comparable to GWS in 2013 (their second season). Lots of young talented kids developing, some older players past their prime and a couple of good senior players.

They won 1 game that year (one less than their inaugural year), got absolutely smashed in a lot of games but got more games into their elite talent who started to push to the 50 mark.

The following year (2014) they won 6, then (2015) won 11, then (2016) they won 16.

Stay the course.

Also worth noting that they were top 4 in 2016 and six points away from a grand final berth. Hell of a turnaround.

Gotta have ways for HR to justify their existence (not that OH&S isn’t important).
I had to pass modules on modern slavery this year.
To be fair you can pick up a lot of great entrepreneurial ideas doing some of the anti corruption and laundering modules going around.

given the amount of compliance issues todays workforce require iam surprised this isnt mandatory for all clubs anyway, there are 9 online modules i have to complete annually just to maintain my gate pass at my workplace, thats before you even consider the other statutory refreshers to maintain my qualifications such as blue book electrical, a grade refreshers, high voltage recipient in charge, confined spaces, working at heights, CPR, Breathing apparatus, fire first responce, Dogging and rigging....
You need a qualification to watch people root in a park and to do BDSM rope work?

meanwhile... i had to do a module on how to safety walk up and down the stairs at work.
true story, the melbourne staff at the firm i work for had to do stair training after a colleague had a slip, they even put signs in the stairwell saying a hand must be on the hand rail at all times and put trail cameras in the stair well to enforce.

true story, the melbourne staff at the firm i work for had to do stair training after a colleague had a slip, they even put signs in the stairwell saying a hand must be on the hand rail at all times and put trail cameras in the stair well to enforce.
All in the pursuit of avoiding lawsuits.

‘But you didn’t tell me I had to hold the hand rail…’

Years back I worked on level 32 of the building and we had been experiencing an abnormality high number of IT incidents from one particular supplier. They sent an account manager to try to talk us out of financial penalties with her bullshit excuses.

While we were meeting, an evacuation alert occurred. It isn't always announced whether the evacuation is real or a drill, but no matter what, this was an evacuation and everyone began shuffling towards the stairs.

The woman from d_-------s asked me to find out if it was just a drill and if so, could she be excused as she was wearing very high heels 👠 and 32 flights of stairs in bare feet would be difficult.

I spoke with the warden (or pretended to) and informed her that she was compelled to evacuate.

By the time she got to the ground floor the feet of her expensive stockings had worn through completely and the hosiery was half way up her calves.

She wasn't very pleased.

Last edited:
Years back I worked on level 32 of the building and we had been experiencing an abnormality high number of IT incidents from one particular supplier. They sent an account manager to try to talk us out of financial penalties with her bullshit excuses.

While we were meeting, an evacuation alert occurred. It isn't always announced whether the evacuation is real or a drill, but no matter what, this was an evacuation and everyone began shuffling towards the stairs.

The woman from d_-------s asked me to find out if it was just a drill and if so, could she be excused as she was wearing very high heels 👠 and 32 flights of stairs in bare feet would be difficult.

I spoke with the warden (or pretended to) and informed her that she was compelled to evacuate.

By the time she got to the ground floor the feet of her expensive stockings had worn through completely and the hosiery was half way up her calves.

She wasn't very pleased.
"And kids - that was how I met your mother."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I officially have concerns.
Not alarmed just yet but am alert to the current gameplan and selection standards.
Selection standards and match day strategies have been appalling all year - they have directly contributed to the size of losses we have had.

We all know we don't have the cattle to work with but we should not be losing every game by 8-9 goals.

Better selection, structure and match day prep would see us be far more competitive than we have been - probably still winless - but alot more competitive in games for longer.

And this sits purely on Clarko. It's like he is just going through the motions without a care in the world - like he knows we are shit and there is nothing he can do about it. Simply not good enough from the so called best coach in the modern era.

I think the club is in a much worse position than Clarkson realised. I think when he signed on he was under the impression that this was your typical rebuild and he was getting in at the lowest point. Almost 2 years later and we are quite a bit lower and this isn't your typical rebuild in terms of length of time.

It's way too hard to judge him up to this point. From his pressers he's always very friendly and nurturing. Could be seen as too soft but look what happened Noble.

Our average losing margin should be lower though and I think the coaching panel takes some blame for that but only some.

Selection standards and match day strategies have been appalling all year - they have directly contributed to the size of losses we have had.

We all know we don't have the cattle to work with but we should not be losing every game by 8-9 goals.

Better selection, structure and match day prep would see us be far more competitive than we have been - probably still winless - but alot more competitive in games for longer.

And this sits purely on Clarko. It's like he is just going through the motions without a care in the world - like he knows we are s**t and there is nothing he can do about it. Simply not good enough from the so called best coach in the modern era.

The “motions” you are referring doesn’t stem from not giving a crap. It’s what he’s told us a million times already: that we have too many kids under 50 games and all we can do is get games into them.

funnily every time he says it ppl on here have meltdown: “oh same excuse every week”. Well duh. Getting games into the kids is sticking the course.

Pretty sure the bloke knows how to pick a team and its matchups when the time comes. If he’s doing what’s he’s doing then it’s bc he’s seeing benefits elsewhere.

I think we are comparable to GWS in 2013 (their second season). Lots of young talented kids developing, some older players past their prime and a couple of good senior players.

They won 1 game that year (one less than their inaugural year), got absolutely smashed in a lot of games but got more games into their elite talent who started to push to the 50 mark.

The following year (2014) they won 6, then (2015) won 11, then (2016) they won 16.

Stay the course.
We are nothing like the Giants and to a lesser extent the Suns were. We do not have a Jeremy Cameron and we do not have a Toby Greene. At the moment, I'm struggling to find any match winners in our team. That's no surprise considering we haven't won a game this season and 12 of the last 92, spanning the last 4 1/2 years.

Last edited:
We are nothing like the Giants and to a lesser extent the Suns were. We do not have a Jeremy Cameron and we do not have a Toby Greene. At the moment, I'm struggling to find any match winners in our team. That's no surprise considering we haven't won a game this season and 12 of the last 92, spanning the last 4 1/2 years.
Prolly closer to where godees were after the co captain curse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back