Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see him as leader at the next election personally.
He won’t be.

On another note, former Labor MP for Batman Martin Ferguson, supports all three stages of the proposed tax cuts. Just pass it Albo or it will haunt Labor all the way up until the next election.

He won’t be.

On another note, former Labor MP for Batman Martin Ferguson, supports all three stages of the proposed tax cuts. Just pass it Albo or it will haunt Labor all the way up until the next election.

Huh ?
I thought the libs had a mandate ?

Huh ?
I thought the libs had a mandate ?
I don’t believe in mandates. However, as this isn’t an issue that Labor is ideologically opposed to, they should pass it. The Coalition took it to the last election as well as their centrepiece policy.

He won’t be.

The next time the ALP takes Ferguson's advice on what to do will be the first time after he ratted on the party. He's a rat, and he can keep his opinions to himself, because nobody in the ALP's leadership will pay them any attention.

He won’t be.

Martin Ferguson lol.
The alp proposal is good-wondering why you wouldn’t support such a sensible amendment. Odd.

I don’t believe in mandates. However, as this isn’t an issue that Labor is ideologically opposed to, they should pass it. The Coalition took it to the last election as well as their centrepiece policy.

So the coalition don't have a majority ?....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky I sent the wife back to work for a.couple of days a week or we wouldn't see a cent of this tax cut anyway. Good on Morrison for sticking to his guns over stage 3 cuts for the $126 - 200k earners though. One party is interested in "fairness" at least.

Last edited:
Lucky I sent the wife back to work for a.couple of days a week or we wouldn't see a cent of this tax cut anyway. Good on Morrison for sticking to his guns over stage 3 cuts for the $126 - 200k earners though. One party is interested in "fairness" at least.

Is this you trying to subtly brag about your income on the internet?

Also another who doesn't understand how tax brackets work.

Don't think I've seen a more stereotypical Liberal voter post on BF before.

Is this you trying to subtly brag about your income on the internet?

Also another who doesn't understand how tax brackets work.

Don't think I've seen a more stereotypical Liberal voter post on BF before.
Nah just a working poor family man in the mortage belt. You wouldn't understand because of your rage and sense of entitlement to other peoples money. Typical Labor voter.

You keep telling yourself that. People on between $120k and $200k in the capitals aren’t rich.

WTF has that got to do with what I posted?

If you want to return to our discussion - those people will still benefit from bracket adjustments in the first 2 stages - more than anyone!

Then we have the 3rd tranche, where they want to remove a bracket entirely, and where the 10% on that level of income will see 30% of the benefit. Ripping 95 billion out of the budget in 5 years time, when the economy is currently circling the bowl.

You want to describe opposition to that as 'excessively punishing workers for earning more', a ridiculous claim.

Last edited:
Really. Labor cave in again. Pathetic.

Being nice won’t win them elections.
Interesting response from the Coalition “Tonight our full package of tax cuts passed the House and are now on the way to the Senate," Treasurer Josh Frydenberg tweeted.

"Labor’s amendments were defeated as they continue to put obstacles in the way of tax cuts for millions of Australians."

Labor should have opposed it all and voted against it. It’s not their job to pass Gov legislation.

Really. Labor cave in again. Pathetic.

Being nice won’t win them elections.
Interesting response from the Coalition “Tonight our full package of tax cuts passed the House and are now on the way to the Senate," Treasurer Josh Frydenberg tweeted.

"Labor’s amendments were defeated as they continue to put obstacles in the way of tax cuts for millions of Australians."

Labor should have opposed it all and voted against it. It’s not their job to pass Gov legislation.
Labor are going to try and amend it in the senate instead where they think they have a better shot, even though it won’t work there either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back