An Update of sorts...

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, like this new layout, looks pretty cool.

Secondly, the Melbourne site I mentioned earlier is beginning to come along. We have a layout pretty much ready to go, with things needed to be tweaked and changed before we can work hard on it. A few have seen it, and so far many like it which is handy. Myself and Deestroy will be working hard on it as soon as we get the chance, and hopefully it will be running soon enough.

If anyone wants to help, by writing a column, or doing something else that they can think of, then please leave a note here. Michael, we will link to your Broady site. The site will also be a bit different to the other two MFC sites, but in a good and humourous way.

Anyway, good to have BF back! :)

Adam.

Originally posted by happy_in_hell
Get ready for some heated discussion... :D

I like that one mate! :)

We didn't go with "Hell" as it may have attracted the wrong sort of crowd if they found us through search engines. "The Inferno" was also over looked for the fact most didn't feel it sounded Melbourne enough. "The MFC Flame", or "The Flame" as it may end up being called for short basically incorporates all of that together.

Can't wait to get this going, it's going to be awesome!

Just an update of sorts again;

I've been looking into message boards, and the good free options mean allot of pop-ups.

Of course there's an awesome settup, such as the one they have at bomberblitz , with a great board settup, and no need to worry about adds, pop=ups etc, but this costs $6 American a month (which would be about $140 Australian a year) so unless everyone's willing to put it a bit of cash for it, we'll have to go with a forum that isn't anywhere near as good, and has pop-ups at every turn. So what do you say? :D

We have found what we believe to be a good free server to run the rest of the site, and have a way of getting a cheap domain name ($20 Aus a year, bloody good!).

Thus endith the financial section of my post...

I believe we are hoping for an early Jan starting date, so if you would like to contribute to the site as a columnist, be sure to let us know.

Just on from Deestroy's post, he will be co-admin of the site as well, so don't think he is talking out of his ass! ;)

I've signed up to the server which will host our webiste for the time being. My mate will then upload everything to it, including the layout, banners etc, but has stated it will take him around two weeks to get done. I guess it's fair enough, as he has his own site to do, plus they are still at school in America.

I've seen some of the banners already and they look bloody good, and some here have also seen what sort of layout we are getting. It's going to look pretty professional, which is what we are after.

We will fill you in on more details as we get them. :)

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
Just on from Deestroy's post, he will be co-admin of the site as well, so don't think he is talking out of his ass!
Who says I'm not anyway? ;)

Seriously though, we will be looking for some contibutions to make our site one of the best, can some of you spare say $10-15?
We have gone the cheapest possible too, to give you an idea what a site like this usually costs, RedandWhiteOnline costs $1000 a year, whereas our site will cost a measly $160 (approx) for an entire year of good quality website :D

I never said you were not mate... :D

We might just link to these boards to start with, then expand when we get regular users. I guess it's no good spending money on something that will die quickly....

Anyway, we shall keep you all informed! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back